I wish they had just ended it with the first one

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cosmosaurus, Jun 30, 2011.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Of all three movies, I like TF1 the most. I feel like it has the best laid out story, best character development, revolutionary special effects and some of the best action scenes. Scorponok's desert attack, Starscream taking out the fighter jets, even just the Transformers themselves transforming... all of these things were new and never seen before, and that's what made the first movie so magical.

However, I'm glad that it continued on a bit. We got to see new robot characters, and see the story progress. Granted, ROTF and DOTM are not up to par with TF1, but that doesn't mean I wish they hadn't happened.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:bowdown: 

My new favourite poster.

3. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's true actually, I love the ROTF leader class Optimus and Starscream! I think I would be better saying I wish the sequels had been different rather than none at all.

4. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

so you dont like tf2 and tf3 cause the cons die too easily?

5. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Honestly, I liked the first movie the least. The robot interaction was so minimal, it barely seemed like a Transformers movie at all. I really don't get why it's considered the best...ROTF was a far better movie in my opinion, despite a few plot hiccups, and DOTM was far better as well (even though I strongly disliked the ending).

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    What I want is more writers to anticipate in advance of their movies potentially turning into trilogies. Obviously the first one is the deal maker or breaker, so it still has to stand on its own in case no sequels ever happen, but the groundwork for 2 more movies should always be in the pipeline so that we don't have these messes that need cleaning up.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see studios bite the bullet on more movies like they did with LOTR so that trilogies can all be filmed at the same time and systematically released for three consecutive years. Or at least do what they did with Pirates or even Back To The Future years earlier: see how good the first one does, and if it performs as expected, film both sequels simultaneously. It provides a consecutive spanning story arc, and most importantly, helps alleviate the stress of actors leaving/dying during the series' run. It also gives a green light to make the second instalment a cliffhanger so that everyone almost HAS to go see the third one for proper closure.

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    For tf2, I think it was realistic for the drones to be killed by bombs. For tf2, I think the military is capable of killing even Devastator. I just don't like to see drones and prefer characters with names and personalities. For tf3, I think it was too easy to blind the decepticons. I would've preferred the decepticons to have bullet proof eyes at least, since even on earth, we do have bullet proof glass. Somebody like Shockwave probably can be killed by a huge missile buy maybe not by a bazooka. I don't believe the decepticons are invulnerable like Superman or that they have force shields like Brainiac. I also don't believe decepticons are made of those seemingly miraculous or almost magical alloys like inertron or adamantium.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed, and dare I say it, too much robot screen time. I would rather have a better story/plot than throwing bots on screen just too see how cool they look. Plus, I've said it numerous times in other threads, but I think the CGI in the original film looked much better than the sequels. Everything looked real in the original and every shot looked like fake CGI in the next movies.

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    This right here. Epic moments.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    At the very least, the 2nd and 3rd movie have given us stuff to make fun of for YEARS.

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

To be completely honest, to me, the 1st one just seems very different from 2 and 3.
    I can't put my finger on it, really.

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The first one is pretty good, the other two are not.

13. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could always do what I do regarding the Terminator sequels: acknowledge the ones you like, and ignore the rest. For me, Terminator 'ends' with T2.

You can do the same with Transformers: just shut your brain off to the sequels, and imagine all the later adventures in your own way.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The First Movie is still the best, ROTF almost ruined Bayformers for me, DOTM was fun but the ending let me down.

15. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

The first one is best for the singular reason that makes for the best tf shows.... being down to earth. I know that sounds kind of odd given the subject matter... but, look at G1. Early on it was so good because it was kept simple, kind of close to reality.... when Transformers have a reason to be earth vehicles. When you get out into say space.... what's the point of transforming into a car or truck? It's also better when you can relate to the enviroment.... like the city battle in TF1. The Chicago battle in TF3, the city is so devistated it's not really relatable any more...... and there are these varriable form fighter things.... instead of Transformers. It's so big that the Transformers are pushed out of the spot light..... and it becomes about some giant worm driller. There is so much more impact when a location is simple and relatable.

Also in TF1 all Autobots and Decepticons were actual charaters. Even if they didn't get much to say .... you knew who they were.... they had names. TF1 kept more in the spirit of what makes Transformers so great.

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    TF1 is certainly not without its flaws but it just towers over ROTF and DOTM indeed.
    In a visual way, TF1 highlighted the abilities and threat of key Transformer characters
    as forces to be reckoned with. In the sequels, they became action fodder to further
    and emphasize the heroic arc of Sam, NEST and........ 2 or 3 Autobots.

I said it and I'll say it again ; As time went by, the movies got worse, the toys got better.
    And in the end, I'm mostly in it for the toys, so at least that's some solace.

17. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, as stupid as the humour and idiotic robots were. The first film actually seems a lot better now after the dissapointment of ROTF and the skull fuck that was DOTM.

18. Browns2212

Browns2212 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I disagree.

I thought DOTM was easily the best of the 3.

And the more I see them, I think I liked ROTF better than TF1.

19. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

DotM is easily the best of the three IMO. Hands down. It's almost always more fun being introduced to the universe of a story than wrapping it up, but DotM showed that ending a trilogy can be fun too.

At this point, I'm convinced that a lot of people are just disappointed that their vision of where TF should go wasn't what was released. Nothing can change that, and unfortunately, that's just the nature of film franchises.

20. kajobaldisimo

kajobaldisimo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'm glad they didn't