I wish they had just ended it with the first one

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by cosmosaurus, Jun 30, 2011.

1. cosmosaurus

cosmosaurus RID is Better Than G1

To begin, I love the first live action movie. I still get goosbumps when ever I see blackout reaching onto that computer core. I just thought the plot was straight foward compared to the other two. I also thought the camera shots and lighting were way better. Just for one example when starscream destroys the power and it shows that shot of the workers running and the whole area was just this neon green color; that was an awesome point.

In the first movie when they first arrive, the autobots, and the score is playing was awe inspiring. The dialog and each scene in the first movie had this amazing "newness" feel to it. I'm sorry but it's hard for me to write up what I'm trying to describe. I would have to have the movie playing and point out what I can easily describe in my mind.

Anyway, to me I feel the two sequels have stained the greatness of the first movie. It makes me feel like what happened to me with Pirates, Jurassic park series, matrix, etc. Those first movies were amazing and I have had moments of euphoria and joy from those films. Then the sequels were made...I'm sorry if I'm rambling but the first transformers film's cinematography, lighting, score, and direction (to me) clicked in a way that few have ever. The only other movies that did that would be All about Eve, 1940s Sahara (Humphrey bogart starred), lord of the rings, aliens, and Night of the Hunter. Sorry for this post, no one needs to reply or read this I just need to post my thoughts on this matter. I think I'm going to watch the first movie and than all of R.I.D-then animated-hopefully falling asleep hoping the next movie has someone like Darren Aronofsky directing Sky-byte in his haiku readings. thanks

2. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

you need paragraph breaks.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

argh the dreaded text wall

Going by tl;dr, I don't mind the sequels in theory. Had they been planned out ahead and not just "make it up as we go along", they would have been much better. Or just ignore ROTF.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, the story was very straightforward in TF1, I agree.

Here it is:

The Autobots and Decepticons are looking for the All Spark, and have come to Earth to do so.

You think the first movie was good because of an "awesome" quick shot that was tinted neon green?

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Apparently you've never heard of the rule that says that, with the exception of The Empire Strikes Back or Aliens, or T2, the sequel can never be as good as the first one.

6. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel the same. I really enjoyed the first film and saw so much potential in sequels that was wasted in favor of potty humour and explosions.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Without the sequels we would have missed out on so many epic moments.

8. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

9. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    There would be no "Give me your face" or Sideswipe. :O

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ha ha, true I suppose, but imagine being stuck with movie 1 leader Prime and never knowing the awesomeness of the RotF mold.

Or "I'll take you all on!" or Laserbeak.

11. duster

duster Well-Known Member

Why don't Paramount disregard the latter 2 movies and do the reboot after the 1st movie?
    Just a stupid thought.

12. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

I think what made the first movie good was the seeing the transformations for the FIRST time. Unlike other movies with CGI, TF1 actually looked believable.......but thats where it ends....TF1 should called Humans with a few really big robots.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I can skip literally to the middle of TF1 to get robot action without missing a bit. Bumblebee sending a message from far away doesn't count.

14. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    I actually think the plot of tf3 was the coolest. tf1 was just kinda meh plot wise, it's like if you have the characters constantly explaining what is going on because the audience is too dumb to know whats going on then I think we have a problem. Oh and don't forget how there was no face taking prime either. :lol 

15. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

The franchise shot it's load with the first movie, we got too much too soon. ... the trilogy should have been a build up to a climactic final battle between Prime and Megatron.

Instead the whole dynamic of Optimus/Megs was played out to the backdrop of the Fallen and Sentinel in the sequels.

ROTF and DOTM were too ambitious in scope, tried to cram in too much and as a result created a convoluted story that just didn't flow. They also suffered from committee and market research decisions based on the first movie ... 'people think Prime is too weak, OK we'll make him a badass' ... 'people like the parents, OK we'll have the mom smoking pot and being hilarious in Paris' ... 'people like the humour, let's stuff in as many smutty jokes as we can'.

16. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The sequels made me forget there was a first one. I like these better.

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I liked tf1 the most bec. it focused on just a few autobots and decepticons and there were no drones.
    TF2 and TF3 had tons of decepticon drones who were all easily killed by the military, which made all the decepticons look real lame. In tf3, we even have Starscream and Shockwave and Laserbeak beaten by puny humans. We even have Carly lecturing Megatron which was really ridiculous.

18. KingStarscream9

KingStarscream9 Destroy

It is funny that even before tf1 in 2007 showed up and I've read that Shia and Michael Bay are about to do 2 other sequels I thought like "ok in the first movie they will make robots on Earth fighting for the cube, but there is no way they would set action on Earth again in the second 2", so I thought they would make action on cybertron or smth.Now someone mentioned that seeing transformers for the first time made tf1 exciting and he was completely rigth.I mean when you first time see transformation on tf1 it was like "WOW!" and in DOTM it was like "nice".
    This is so true again.In addition killing megatron in tf1 and then reviving him in tf2 made all tf1 movie basically pointless.and then those clones and other things people find annoying...I really understand what thread author meant.
    At the time tf3 started showing cybertron and the war at it, you just wanted to see more of that and no Earth, theyr machanical planet and all their cybertronian war,I think they should have made prequel, dont you guys think so?

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    While I think the first movie was the best of the trilogy, I think they decided what they were going for the 2nd and 3rd movie, and went there. It was loud, it was shallow, it was overdrawn, but it certainly was something to see. And I think I'm happier having seen it than I would have been if they had stopped at the first film, even if I fully acknowledge neither ROTF or DOTM are good films from an objective perspective.

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    exactly!