I wish there were more people in the fandom like...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Joe Moore, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Derrick Wyatt and Bob Orci.

Whether you like Animated or not, you have to appreciate how outgoing Derrick has been. The guy openly interacts with the fandom like no one else in his position. He's forthcoming about info and gives some great interviews.

As for Bob, he has taken some serious heat from this board and others for the TF movies. but he comes in and answers questions when he can. He's honest about what he wants in the movie and makes no apologies (for better or worse) for the decisions he and Kurtzman have made with the movie stories. But above all, he interacts with a fandom he could just as easily have ignored.

So am I missing anyone? Is there another guy in their type of position who's been this interactive (other than Orson's World of course)?

2. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt truely is the King of Kings, plus he really seems to be enjoying himself in the fandom.

3. steph1979

steph1979 Banned

They're new to us. We have time to change them. All the time in the world. MWAHAHA.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly agree.

5. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One of the coolest things I saw this year was Derrick Wyatt's April Fool's Day pic. To include Vangelus was pretty awesome. And I wish me had more people link Vangelus too. :) 

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both are awesome, specially Bob, can you get anymore handsome than THAT guy?

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great points.

I've appreciated the way Derrick has made himself accessible and seems to have a genuine interest in the franchise and the fans. There were times I wished I enjoyed TFA more, simply for the fact that I liked what I read about Derrick.

Orci rules, too. If I were in his shoes and reading some of the things people were saying about my work, I probably wouldn't have given them a second thought. He has, in spite of that.

But yeah, I miss Orson. And his spelling. :lol 

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I love Derrick! I just asked him for an interview, and he said yes. Just like that. Both of those guys are the greatest. :D 

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Agreed 100% about Wyatt. He's definitely made the behind-the-scenes side of this franchise seem a LOT less faceless & unapproachable. You can tell he is a true and equally passionate fan with undeniable knowledge about the franchise as a whole, and it's only been made better having played such a major role in it. I love that he doesn't just flippantly throw together design ideas for the sake of adding a new character, does impressive research on the characters he introduces and ultimately "Animafies", and even comes up with his own reasoning and/or backstories to help explain why a character looks or sounds they way it does regardless if it ever makes it into the actual show. The guy is just awesome no matter how you cut it, whether or not you do or don't like his design style.

Orci... no comment. I don't want to derail a positive thread, so I'll just leave it at that.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt is a genius IMO. And he seems like a really nice guy too; clearly very passionate about his work.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad that both of those guys have been so willing to talk and approachable about their respective corners of the franchise. It's nice to see someone be willing to communicate and be straightforward as they both are (hint hint Hasbro)...

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They raped my childhood.
    Trukk not munky
    Wheelie sucks. yada and yada some more...

can't please everybody all the time and that is a risk they take at their jobs.
    With all that lame-oh pressure, these two genuinely act like they have the best job in the world and want to share it with the fans.
    Still not a huge TFA fan, but even a ninny can see the love Derrick Wyatt puts into it and i appreciate that.
    they are 2 good guys
    peace.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Derrick Wyatt is among the rare few that does appreciate it.

I can't say the same for the other people who see it as an excuse to exploit the fandom for their own ends.

You may not see it but this fan does.

14. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Derrick Wyatt didn't have to even bother with acknowledging my silly question, let alone go the extra mile to get the answer to it when he didn't know. I cannot express how much that meant to me. :) 

--Moony

15. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

TFA is a terrible looking show but I do have to admit that at least Derrick talks to the fandom which is a nice bonus and seems like a good guy.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Two really great guys for giving us the chance to see some of what goes into making Transformers. Can't think of any post where they weren't really nice to the fans even if they didn't agree with the fan.

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's just like 1996 and Larry and Bob are all up in da house yo!

Other examples include Renau--- uh, Bob Skir on bigbot / bottalk around Beast Machines time.

18. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though he's no where near focal as these two, I have enjoyed the response I got from Alex Kubalsky when I emailed him. To hear that his favorite and first transformer toy was Hound, and thus the reason he worked on Classics Hound: To ensure his favorite transformer got the update he thought he deserved.

19. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We're both probably in the less than 5% who remember those days.

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    TROOF.

( I lessthanthree Joe Moore)