I wish Hasbro had gotten the Road Fighter Galvion molds in the 80s?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As everyone knows, the original Transformers toyline was made of various different toylines like Microman and Diaclone with some toys from other toylines like Jetfire, Shockwave and Omega Supreme.

I would have liked Hasbro to have gotten the rights to use these molds.
    STA: Convertors: Super Defenders

Okay, so obviously they look very blocky by today's standards but I think they would have been cool Autobots back in 1984. Out of the four in the link, Indy is my personal favourite with X looking the weirdest to me, and D.A. Tona looking the weakest, although I can't say I dislike it.

Other molds used for Transformers were also used for Convertors, or a new mold variation of molds used for Transformers.
    STA: Convertors
    I see Jetfire, Whirl, Roadbuster, Barrage and Ransack. Insector Scorpio, the Avarians and the Spies would also make good additions to Transformers had it been possible, I think. I wonder how many of these I saw in stores and passed on in the eighties just because they weren't Transformers.

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    They weren't the highest quality figures, either. I've handled an Avarian. it was only one step up from a Big Lot knock off.

One of the things that made Transformers toys popular was Hasbro being choosy. They picked the best and higher quality bots to round out the Diaclone troops. These...well, there's a reason they ended up int he Convertors lines.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The boats look terrible to me. The Avarians looked decent but obviously, I can't tell plastic quality from pictures. But if they did appear in Transformers, Hasbro would have used a higher quality plastic than what was used for Convertors.

Speaking of Convertors, I would have liked this color scheme used by e-hobby for Shattered Glass Omega Supreme.
    [​IMG]

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    More than anything, I wish Hasbro had imported the Brave toys from the 90's. Too bad Sunrise was in that mix...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I had the super defendors Indy and it was a nice toy... the main problem was the arms fell off. it was a plastic peg going into a diecast metal piece. If I could still find the pieces in my old toy box I could probably fix it with some super glue.

6. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Spin and Mooriah as a kid; along with some of the other KO's and lesser bots they were fun for having other factions and species for the Transformers to interact with.

but yeah, the quality of this line isn't up to HasTak standard.

i need to pick up more of the gambling machines for a Monacus diorama for Smokescreen and Devcon. Dr. Wu needs to make alien figures from that episode.

-