I will miss playing WFC Leader class

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Cryptwire, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    the best class i've ever played (and then the scientist and scout classes equal at second place).

i've had loads of fun playing the leader. playing a WFC leader class was stress-relieving and therapeutic and i could intimidate and harass other players with their strength, power, hulking and imposing appearance. if what i've been reading is true that the Leader class in FOC has been toned down, it would be a bummer. i never felt that the WFC Leader class was overpowered. it has its weaknesses. at times i would be surprised how a scout would melee the leader with one stroke and the Leader just goes down. so handling and defeating a leader takes brains, cunning, and strategy. with a skillful player handling the Leader class, you can have a match of 5 against 1 Leader and that 1 Leader, again if skillful, can rule the battle. out of all the classes i've played, the Leader has undoutledly been the most fun in that i could go in the battlefield and intimidate and harass others in the battlefield.

and not to mention the ram ability in vehicle form. it's so funny knocking down a random opponent that you didn't intend to ram, but just happened to get in your way and next thing you know, you scored lol...

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Toning the Leader down wasn't all that bad of a move. Leaders were often very over-powered and could often take anyone out with ease. I believe the Titan will be adjusted properly so that the class have more of a balance. That was the point of the demo after all.

But I do agree with you on the ramming I remember jumping ramming a Jet without even knowing he was coming. I guess I would have liked it if they kept the vehicle abilities too.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could always...ya know...play WFC if you miss it too much. (I do understand your point, though)

4. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    yeah... scientists that' can't barrell and leaders that can't ram upsets me. i really loved those abilities. never had a problem with the Leader but if it were to be toned, just tone down warcry and/or magma frag launcher. to me the Leader is just an epic class. really enjoyed playing it.

5. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    at this point if the classes abilities and powers are already set (hopefully they're not yet as the demo is sort of like beta-testing), i might find myself going back to War for Cybertron to play.

on the plus side, the new MP has sprint and dash... they could've added those abilities and retained the old ones or, in the case of the Leader, toned down some of its abilities and powers.

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Leaders were very overpowered and the fusion cannon and frag didnt take to much (if any) skill to use the magma frag being the overpowered one and today I won a match of 1 vs 5 me being a scout against a whole team (that didnt have leader) and a diffrent day same situation but there was a leader and I lost

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It's a demo, when you finally get the rest of the weapons/perks/abilities/vehicle powers you'll be just as strong.

8. BloodRavenX91

BloodRavenX91 Decepticon War Hero

I'm gonna be honest, the noobiest, class in the demo right now is the scout, so if you take out 5 people by yourself with it, im honestly not surprised. Its basically the new overpowered leader class thanks to the scatter blaster.

9. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Have you gotten the A-4 Pulsar cannon in campaign? It's a Destroyer specific weapon that's the new version of the Magma frag launcher, it even uses the same sound effects but this time it's slower to fire and has larger projectiles but shoots in a straight line.

Then there's that Chaos-rift combuster thing, that's like a magma frag but with cluster bombs... Don't worry, the new leader will be just as annoying as the last one.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I miss the ion blaster. It needs a gun like that badly.

11. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I was on WFC not FOC (sorry should of made that clear!) but scouts were overpowered in WFC at first and were toned down quikly

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    It's not your fault, people just need to stop calling the Infiltrator a Scout.

13. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    I miss ram and ion blaster, add those and it would be perfect.

Hey on a side note, what happened to the melee weapons and high melee damage.

14. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don't understand how the hell taking out vehicle abilities can be justified. I don't know about you guys, but I never saw one person say "you know that ram and barrel roll just make things unbalanced". Good use of those abilities is one thing that separated average and good players. The only reason I can think of for taking those out is to lessen the skill gap between average and really good players. It's stuff like this that, for me, gives me the feeling that FOC's MP has been dumbed down.

However I wonder if enough of us send emails, tweets, and just generally complain will they put those abilities back in.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I'm glad it's been nerfed. I used to get P.O.K.E.'d all the time with a normal sword at FULL HEALTH.

This. Especially since the campaign has vehicle abilities.