I was wondering...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by IACON, Jun 3, 2007.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Although I am not a supporter of the upcoming film, I got a question that I would like to present to you guys:

Do you think the movie will change Transformers forever ? Or is it another generation / tf universe ?

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Nope, just adding on to it bar none :thumb 

3. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

I think it will change it because this new generation will think of these Transformers as the originals instead of G1, so in twenty years when they do some more movies, this new generation will bitch about the designs on the new movie. Therefore the whole universe will go full circle.

4. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

If it doesn't bombs it's going to be a revival of the series to a mainstream level and who knows if dealt well it could be bigger than the G1 cartoon.

5. Lazeric

Lazeric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Considering how different the next series is (Animated/Heroes/whatever you want to call it) I would say no, the movie is NOT how TFs are going to be from here on out.

The movie series will impact the future of TFs though, just as every series has helped develop the "technology" used on the toys.

- L -

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The generation of fans now will bitch 20 years later when they use g1 designs for the movie.and the g1 fans will be happy.

7. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Exactly.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This could change TFs forever. Not so much the designs, as those are always evolving and taking chances. More the way they're looked at in popular culture. This is going to make TFs more acceptable to adults, kind of like star wars. prove to them its not just a kids thing.

9. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Basicaly your saying if the movie does good we won't be cosidered nerds anymore?

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no, we will.

we won't be considered pedophiles for liking toys anymore though.

*throws brick at "without a trace"*

11. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

actually it's the opposite. While the Transformers cartoons were made for kids and young teenagers, this movie will also adress the adults.

I don't understand why so many G1 fanatics are so stuck in the past. I love G1, but I must say, I fully appreciate the looks of the movie designs.
    The toys are also great, especially the voyager and leader class figures.

12. littleiron

littleiron Little I.N.S.A.N.E IroN

News Credits:
    The world always changes. It's only up to us to adjust or not.
    Wait, isn't this adjusting-the-world what we've been always doing since we're born?

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Like another poster said, this movie won't change anything Transformers wise. Remember this is Transformers in a different medium...CGI and more realistic CGI then we got for Beast Wars, Beast Machines and Cybertron.

The Transformers cartoon is a different beast and always will be. The cartoon will ALWAYS be done in a way where the characters are designed to attract the kids. But to attract adults somethings had to be done differently IMPO

ActionMasterZod - You bring up the nerds thing; Personally I think the nerd thing is more because of how the person carries themselves as people rather then simply because they collect toys. Nerds are nerds because of how they act NOT because of their past times. I mean let's face it, I'll use Hot Wheels collectors as an example. Are they mocked for collecting mini-cars or mocked for the way they carry themselves in society and around others. The same goes for Transformers fans or fans of any similar genre

And Valkysas - Let's not go down that road with "Without a Trace". That's a horse we don't need to start on again :D 

14. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

The movie just allows more people to appreciate another form of the transformers universe. Remember how radical the though of Beast Wars was. If anything I hope this movie allows the shows to pick up a concept of reality vs. pure fiction.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Seems like it will be a turning point, but don't worry, all you folks who love cardboard box bots will most likely get your wish.;) 

I for one hope they keep these designs, everything else just looks unappealing now. (except BW/BM)

16. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  Thanks Split Lip :lol 

I was wondering if in future Tf stuff (series & toys), the design of the robots would be affected by thee current movie design.

17. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they stick with the real cars for much longer this time. I'm not a big fan of futuristic TF vehicles.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering that Beast Wars was the last Transformers Series that gave any serious notion to story-telling, this will be one of the first times that Transformers (g1 or not) will be given an on-screen serious plot that kids and adults can get into. It's a milestone to be sure, and hopefully it will change the way that Transformer stories are told on screen, be it TV or movie theaters. No more crap from Japan, please (and by that I mean shows, obviously not toys).

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The only drastic change I could see in cartoon Transformers are more hydraulics and such. The toys probably won't change, since the movie toys aren't really all that different from the previous toys if you ignore the movie aspect.

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    this movie will do to the Transformers universe what the new Star wars trilogy did to

the Starwars universe. A whole new fan base will emerge and TFs will live on longer because of it. Same thing happened with Star Trek and BattleStar.