I was thinking about Cyberverse toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Jan 29, 2012.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking about Cyberverse toys and I was thinking as the new Cyberverse legions start with Prime then move on to adding some Movie toys would it be a worthy idea to see each wave have a unique theme ?

For example later in the year would a wave of fall of Cybertron legions/Commanders be fun to have ?

Or perhaps some more G1/G2 related characters like Laser Prime, Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus, Hoist, Grapple, Inferno, Sideswipe, Gears or some Coneheads .

Or even some Unicron Trilogy characters like Sideways/Noisemaze or Tidalwave, Override, Snowcat, Cyclonus or Wingsaber.

Or more Animated toys like Swindle, Soundwave, Wasp, Blackarachnia, Lockdown, Arcee, or Rodimus.

Or some that might go across themes like Bludgeon, Lugnut, Mindwipe, & Lockdown.

And if they do Movie characters what about making some of the smaller characters as smaller toys - like the Kitchen crew.

So what do you think should be the way Cyberverse legion and Legends should be handled ?

As a Prime and Movie only theme or as a Universe like brand that can go all over. I can see some real gaps in the past legends lines that I would actually really enjoy to see filled.

Please share your thoughts.

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Wait. I thought the prime and movie cyberverse were going to be packaged and marketed separately. Why would they not market the movie ones in the trilogy line coming up?

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd totally buy G1 and Cybertron based Cyberverse stuff.

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Cyberverse Legion products in Europe at least are under the same barcode and same line description and we do not seem to be getting the Movie toys in the same way as North America if at all - but the Evac and Dino appear to be on range in the Uk as part of the general legion Cyberverse brand ID.

I'll be curious to see if they change the boxes to remove the Prime tag or not or just leave it in place.

We don't always get the same exact style as North America though as we got things like Bonecrusher & Cliffjumper legends as single carded toys and not in twin packs.

The Barcodes being different in America means they could have a seperate code but in the UK it looks like it's a single line called "Cyberverse Legion assortment" regardless of if it's Prime or Movie related...

That was why I was curious about more RTS style G1 toys or maybe some G1/classics related Commanders that sort of thing. I've always thought a few more Animated and Cybertron Legends/legions would be quite nice.

And there was some Japanese figures that would be really nice as the basis of the commanders like Mini Wing Saber and Mini Superlink Galvatron. or legends there's a blockbot Nitro Convoy that is a good thing to use as a design starting point for a Legion toy.

http://tformers.com/transformers-super-link-candy-toys-out-in-japan/2893/news.html
    &
    http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=4947&mode=flat
    &
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/other-kabaya-cybertrons-445/sonic-bomber-change-galaxy-3110/

5. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Cyberverse Cybertron Sonic Wing Mode Optimus Prime/Sonic Convoy FTW!

Think like the ROTF Legends Optimus Prime/Jetfire.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd rather Prime's Cyberverse line stay just Pirme characters/designs. I wouldn't mind seeing some FoC and some more past generations in the scale, but in a separate line. That way the Prime Cyberverse line can be as full as possible with Prime designs.

Mot especially since the Argos catalog says that, for this year anyways, there's only going to be seventeen Legion figures, and only ten Commander figures. Meaning that there are only eight Legion figures and four Commander figures that haven't been revealed yet.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd definitely go for G1 Cyberverse, but I guess they'd make the previous RTS Legends kinda void (there's no way they wouldn't redo Prime and Megs as Commander-size).

8. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Cyberverse used as a way to homage generations of TFs that don't have the massive following that G1 does. Axalon playset with Rhinox? Miranda II with Omnicons? Atlantis with Vector Prime? Well of All Sparks with Botanica? Fortress Maximus with Spychangers? These could all be awesome playsets (ok, maybe not Botanica, but you get the point).

9. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

I would love to see some G1 and WFC/FOC Cyberverse figures.

10. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I love the idea of a generation-spanning Cyberverse line. Some Beast Wars/Machines releases would be amazing (and to scale with G1 figures)!

*Sigh* I can but dream...

11. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    "I was thinking about Cyberverse toys"

How DARE you, you son of a bitch!

Sorry, that was my reaction to the thread title :lol  I don't think it's a bad idea...

12. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I'd be down for any Cyberverse figures from any era.

My wallet is ready Hasbro.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I would like to see a classics g1 or beast wars line.

14. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

This

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    This reminds me that I haven't got any DOTM Cyberverse stuff yet.