I WAS SOLD A FAKE Lucky Draw THREAD.. Time to bring power to the Sellers Hands

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Infinitecron, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinitecron

Infinitecron U Lock it Up!

I want to start a Thread that allows the Sellers and BUYERS to vent and put out these rip offs that sell people FAKE Lucky Draw or Rare Transformers items. Especially, during a time that people struggle financially and take advantage of true Fans Hobby!!!!!!!!!

Lets bring the POWER back into the Sellers and BUYERS Hands!!!!!! PLEASE ONLY Lucky Draws and Rare Tf's. There is another Thread that is for Bad Sellers....

and HERE WE GO

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so did it happen to you? if so details!!!

3. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    Wow, it happens often enough for a topic. Sad...

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but Caveat Emptor, guys. Especially when it comes to ebay. Unfortunately, nothing beats buying at a convention, or from a reputable online store. Makes finding rare items even harder sometimes, but its the only way to be more sure you're not getting ripped off.

How does a thread like this put power in the seller's hands? Seems to me they've already got power, if they're managing to scam people. Why would a seller rant here about fake LDs? Because they bring down the price on their real items?

How does a thread like this help address the problem, or serve as anything besides a vent for the OP, who I assume was recently burned in a deal?

Also, "True Fans" in OP.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  5. Infinitecron

This is the place to talk about it....If it happen to you please share,... I believe everyone should know who they are dealing with. It is the responsibility of this websites to give people knowledge of who not to deal with. This hobby should be fun and not feel like you are going to get ripped off by fellow TF Fans

6. Infinitecron

@ Aerna that is why I set it up... Perhaps ideas can come out to start some thing. Its not fair that anyone should be ripped off. I dont care if they are in US, Japan, China or UK. Maybe start a Fake Rare Item Group that you post the Sellers Name there for you. The Sellers was a typo as meant to put both BBuyer and Seller....We are all the same

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Who sold you a fake lucky draw? Tell us so we know who not to buy from.

9. Infinitecron

Thank you @Decipt.... Didnt see that.. .They should list every name on top

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Um... I really have no idea what you're trying to say here. Is "Caveat Emptor" a bad ebay seller? Ebay itself? Or do you just not know what "caveat emptor" means?

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    That's not an eBay ID. It's Latin for "Buyer Beware".

12. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    So, has this actually happened to you then?

TFW doesn't have any responsibilty regarding who not to deal with. Threads about scammers are very useful, but that's down to us, the users, not the site itself directly. TFW provides us with a means to do so.

Any expensive, and/or rare stuff I've got, I've bought from folk I know, or who have long standing credibility in the TF community. When I first got back into TF's, I remember chatting via email with Curt at TFSource, he didn't know me, but offered some great advice. I'd been admiring the gallery of the Jap Autobot tapes that used to be on TFSource. Curt told me that to get such stuff it was advisable to get to know folk, and build contacts. Back then, I didn't really know how to go about that. Fast-forward a few years, and I've made those contacts, some through TFW, some elsewhere.

I don't have any LD's, but if I was in that market, I'd never buy a LD from a random on ebay.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  13. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

I hate when people capitalize every letter in a word like they are YELLING them.

14. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    :lol  Failure.

Seriously though, why is this a here? There's already a well established forum for feedback. This belongs there if anywhere.

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Best thing to do is treat it as a simple code and just read the capitalized words.

That and don't spend insane amounts of money on TFs without verifying it's the real deal.

16. Infinitecron

Like I said, if there is something like that out there, then I am sure a Moderator will inform me. @Rapid Capitals don't ALWAYS MEAN yelling. Just thought I would put it out there.... My Goodness

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Use these existing threads to report bad buyers and sellers. We don't need a new thread for each toy line that people are getting ripped off buying.

Especially since the OP hasn't come forth with any details on a deal himself. It's just starting threads to start threads if there's no actual deal gone bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.