I was NOT going to buy them!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Backscatter, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got the frist two I saw anyway. :rolleyes:  Star Wars Transformers Darth Vader and General Grievous. When I first heard of SWTFs I was like WTF? They have about as much to do with Transformers as the Animorphs did. Anyway, these things ROCK! :thumbs2:  I found them here at my local Target in NOVA (Northern Virginia) this AM. I am going to have fun finding out which of my Transformers can hold the Light Sabers. :lol  OH well, maybe I'll even give the SWTFs honorary faction symbols courtesty of Reprolabels. :)  Vader and Grievous certainly fit the Decepticon profile. :D 

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I planned on getting them the whole time. I agree, they do rock. I hadn't thought about the faction symbol idea. I may do that too. I've got some around here somewhere...

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I just dont wantem. plus when grievious is in vehicle mode you can see his robot parts all over the place

4. Backscatter

News Credits:

Well, no one said the Empire was good at building Transformers. :)  Even with possible not so good qualities, I still think these these Transformers will become classics.

It would take a good talent to make a believeable story, but if Transformers did meet up with Star Wars I could see transfomation information being exchanged for Light Saber technology. The Empire and the Decepticons do seem to have the same goals.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I plan on getting them, all of them, even the repaints and the crappy looking ones, Im just short on cash at the moment.

6. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Cybertron Prime can hold a light saber from the "Force Battle" 7 inch star wars figures

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Separatists, technically. Grievous died before the Empire was officially formed.

:confused2 

8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Actually, the seperatists are what became the rebellion. The empire, before it was the empire, was the galactic senate.

Wasn't the empire formed in ep II? I seem to remember Mace calling Palpatine "Emperor" when they came to relieve him of duty after Greivous was killed... I dunno.. maybe it was Yoda at the end...

9. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I just wish the bot/human modes were as nice looking as the vehicle modes! The Vader and Obi-Wan ships look as good as their bot modes look bad! Maybe I'll pick up one of them.....I'll wait for Luke.

10. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

This isn't exactly true either. A small group within the senate, a commity secretly meeting to find a diplomatic way to end the civil war. They are the roots of the Rebelion.

Palpatine and his Clone Army became the empire.. the senate was eventually disbanded. (okay, I'm a geek)

11. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

You nailed it.

Insane Galvatron, you mean EP III when you described those events not II.

12. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yes, those events I described were in EP III. My point was that the empire was already in place. I was thinking it was a result of the politics in EP II.

Upon further remembrance, it was the attack by Mace that Palpatine used to convince the senate to let him stay in power and form the empire. It was Yoda who called him emperor.... I think.. Someone who has more recently seen EP III might want to clarify.

13. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Thanks everyone for the "Empire" clarification. I've seen the SW films, just not a Geek about them the way I am about Transformers. :(  Anyway, whomever and whenever the bad guys of the SWs universe would have a lot to share with the Decepticons by all their various names. That sould have it covered. :D 

14. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Two great tastes that taste great together.

15. Backscatter

News Credits:

I've got all the M&M "Mpire" figures! :D  Two more great tastes!

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I love the SW TF's . Even if Vader does have the same head as a pez dispenser.

They're definitely on the right track with these. Hopefully the'll fix the little flaws down the road. Like give Vader more shoulder so his head does'nt look as goofy just sitting there, and fix Grievous's legs.

17. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

never thought of that - getting these would arm your Binaltechs with lightsabers!

unfortunately, none of the good guy SWTFs are any good. Still can't get over the scale issue with Obi Wan - the little astrodroid is taller than the human Obiwan!

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I plan to take one of my two sabers from Darth Vader, dye it in yellow, and give my future REDLINE custom his orange saber, woot!

Andy

19. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally am not getting them.. my other half on the other already slated some of next week's checks on them.

20. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got them, opened them, and I love them. :thumbs2:  Vader is the best over all. I just love the Jedi Starfighter but have to agree that the bot mode teh sux.

I still haven't made up my mind about GG yet. If the other toys are as good as these, they too will join the Dark side...

... of my room's shelves. :confused2