I was late to the party

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 46+2, Apr 27, 2011.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

So I just got my FP bruticus together and my god, I cant believe i waited this long. I just picked up a few limbs from a couple of friends of mine! I had the FP figures for a while now. I'm amazed at how well this was executed.

Has this happened to you? What figure was it?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I just got the FP Cliffjumper kit yesterday, and yes, exact same feeling.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still have my FP Explorer and Mutioner parts in their boxes and haven't put them on my ROTF Combaticons yet! I think i just played with the rifles and thats it! HAHA. I am looking forward to having a big TF opening party when we move to our new place. TFCC Punch/Counterpunch, Rapido, Streetstar, etc etc etc. Lots of new stuff to play with, so I will be late too.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    overlord and liokaiser come to mind when reading this lol, as soon as i had them in hand i was like why didn't we get these here?

for 3rd party stuff, not really, i usually get them right away, but missed on the cj kit, don't want to pay $300 for it either, might see if i can render my own body kit for him and get a head from whoever does the best one

5. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    exact same thing with the same figures last friday.

6. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    City Commander for me.

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Not too late to the party here, but I just got some United figures like Jazz and Tracks and older/newer releases as such. Jazz is so frickin awesome, so awesome that I don't really feel the need to own a G1 Jazz, much like lots of my Classics to G1 counterparts.

8. cuters

cuters Diabolist

Henkei thundercracker i am one of the few that got him with no qc problems picked him up a few years ago now and he is still my fav tf toy

9. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I bought the first wave of FP bruticus. I also bought Bruticus at target when it came out. I have yet to open it. It's still sitting in my trunk. Been so busy.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Just buy the CJ kit.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe some unconventional selections here, but the Robot Heroes, Mighty Muggs, WSTs, and the Robot Masters Lio Convoy mold fit the bill for me.

12. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WHAT ???? Have you gone mad bro ?

:D 

Please make yourself a favor Fab: combine all that shit and after tell me the feeling :D 

Anyway coming back to the thread object, I felt the same feeling when for the first time I combined Star Saber and Victory Leo or Galaxy Convoy or Brave Great Goldran :) 

13. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I still want the set. Just cannot afford it yet. Saving up for a nice lens, but then there is DOTM stuff coming too.
    I want them just for the stand alone figures, But I have some miss-matched Limbs lying around. What is the going price for the two these days?
    I also need to catch up on classics stuff, IE all the stuff that people are wanting now: Lungnut, Perceptor, G2 Prime, Kup, Wheeljack, Thundercracker, The whole lot. My stores are so bad, just found the Terradive wave...
    Late To the Party- Terradive. Good figure, missed the hype buy. Also- FP Warbot. Got it at Botcon a few Months after its release. I still need the heel spurs though...

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    tbh, only combiners ever give me that feeling. So the next one to give me a feeling, would be TFC Devy. Unless there is a combiner between that.

tbh, I like the devil's horn CJ kit better for CJ upgrades. The only thing thawt FP did that I want is that bazooka, but I am about to have custom weapons for them anyways.

CC, and protectors (and all variation) did give me the "Wow", and so did most other third party/some of has/tak stuff.

But the one thing that gives me the DAMN (in a positive connotation) is when a real combiner is formed.

15. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

The Devil Horns kit is excellent.
    The head is far superior to the flat-nosed FP version (IMO) and both guns are perfect for Cliffjumper.
    Also, helluva lot cheaper...

Back on topic - RID Rail Racer did it for me.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Car Robots Black Convoy/RiD Scourge, This is my favourite figure in my collection. I can't believe it was only a year ago i just got him.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    The head comment is absolutely true. The only thing I dislike is the big gun on that kit. (could have been done better, this is where the FP one wins out a little)

RiD Rail Racer? top notch. That did it for me.

18. bugstomper

bugstomper Active Member

Well, because I missed out on the entire first round of the Aerialbot Appendage set and was unwilling to spend over $200USD on the thing I have to say that when round 2 of the thing was released, at the original price no less, in an ever so small increment I was on top of it. I got the entire thing together and was tickled pink with giddiness! Compared to what the original configuration was that thing was a dramatic improvement.

I don't own the Bruticus set myself but I have heard nothing but good things about it. The pictures of the entire assembled set I have seen next to Superion made me say, "Wow! That thing is huge!" Other than that, I have also picked up the DIA Commander Armor set for my Classics Prime and Spring... er I mean Warbot Defendor. I can't say that I am disappointed with either one.

19. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just opened up Protector yesterday. Bought him on POL when he came out and didn't ship until last week. Great little set and very well worth it to me. I am surprised that he hasn't been sold out everywhere yet. I guess he did have a second run that was contiguous with the first run still available.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not impressed with the devil horns kit, the face is too rounded imo, and the guns look under detailed and want the car mode to be modified as well, maybe sometime i'll spring for the fp cj kit, but if i can render up a nicer body kit and get an upgrade from venksta for him, i'll get that instead