I was just thinking about a TF problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Easterling Capt, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I dont know if this is in the right forum but since it is TF related amongst others I will put it here. I dont know if this has ever happend or has been up before but here goes and its not a personal problem.

What if u hade a big loose/boxed collection of TF toys ( or any other brand SW, Gi joe etc etc. ) and u started to date a girl/boy or whatever floates your boat that also collected TFs and hade a big loose/boxed collection. Time goes by and u buy stuff for your own collections. The time comes to move in togheter and first problem comes up

1: What will happen to the collections ? Will the couple compare and sell of the dupes or keep both?

after some time the second problem comes up.

2: Relationship dies , who gets the TFs ? would u start buying again ?

I know its a long shot but I could happen and I bet it has probably happend to.

What would u ppl do ?

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My girlfriend and I have talked about this a few times. Basically we're going to keep them all, though her collection is no where near as big as mine, but we do both have all the alternators and MP Primes.

If the relationship goes sour, I say what was his before is his after (same for her). If the dups were sold off, calculate the cost based on what the dupes sold for at the time they were sold, then split up the figures so that the cost to replace the missing one is approximately equal.

A scenario like this is when it's good to have a detailed spreadsheet listing all the toys in your collection (and quantities).

3. Thrasymachos

Thrasymachos energon cube

She will get everything. Just accept it.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well what a surprise

Ive been in something similar. Me and the wife began collecting together, buying doubles of everything, but then she said that I could continue as she was going to continue her Nightmare before christmas and BattleStar collection. Weve talked about me keeping the TF and Star wars collection and she keeping the BSG and NBC if anything should happen.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Wouldn't really be any different than anything else I imagine. It's just something you'd have to work out alongside the house, cars, furniture, appliances, media, books, and everything else.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Make a prenup for the relationship. State everything with your initials in them or on them are yours. Then carve initials in to everything of hers. Foolproof.

7. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

One issue that will come up in that situation... is items bought after the point "the couple" moved in together. I've seen it happen with collections (collectors) before. They start buying things as a couple... and when things go bad... neither one can really lay clame to things.

8. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Mysterious break-in quick fix.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    All TFs are mine! You can have the kids, have fun. :p 

10. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

hell, my wife don't want my tf's, so we go sour i keep my computer, fish tank and transformers...good deal i say. but i love her and its still good(even though shes dreading payday friday when I hit the stores for more tf's)