I was expecting soemthing else in Grille....

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ThunderbeePrime, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

I was hoping to see homeless Autobots until the end of tonight's episode....Didn't anyone else think this was going to happen?

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Considering the promos we've seen all I expected was a recap episode, nothing that would advance the story or anything.

3. ThunderbeePrime

Which was disappointing.....

4. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    No. Prime is mostly filler.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing, because the individual episodes are usually really strong, but it leaves some people disappointed because they feel the series itself isn't paying off. That's understandable, but people are just going to need to accept it and either watch the show accepting change is going to be incremental or give up on it.

Me,I just sit back and enjoy it.

5. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Homeless Autobots?

Crester A-Type Bumbot: Change! Ya got change!

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was pretty obvious Fowler would be succesful since the next 2 episode synopsis don't mention Autobots homeless/banned. It was just budget recap.

7. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was disappointed. I didn't think the entire epsisode would be a recap.

8. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

We found out why Fowler can fly without a flight suit - worth the entire episode! :tongue: 

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was expecting Fowler to be in a court room filled with people and all the autobots nearby but the episode wasn't too bad.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, the worth episode thing was General going on about the unicorn. I laughed hard at that. Fowler's face was just so perfect.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I didn't watch any of the promos so this episode was a complete surprise to me. I actually ended up really liking it.

12. ThunderbeePrime

That was pretty funny. xD Unicron should change his name if people start thinking he's an evil, magical horse with a horn on it's forehead. :lol 

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of thought it might have been like that when the episode description was shown, but after seeing the previews I pretty much knew it was going to be a clip show.

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Your first sentence is...hard to take seriously.

15. Stygimoloch

News Credits:
    Explain.

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think it woulda been funny if they did something to homage Battle Unicorn. Like had a figure or schematic of it as part of the misunderstanding.

Agreed.

17. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Almost every episode has made some sort of advancement, even minor, to the plot.

Season One:
    Darkness Rising- self explanatory.
    Masters&Students- Introduced/killed Skyquake, gave reason to Dreadwing, showed Megs wasn't dead
    Scrapheap- introduced scraplets, set up the ground bridge problems that made almost the entire next episode possible
    Con Job- introduced Wheeljack
    Convoy- introduced MECH
    Deus Ex Machina- introduced Knock Out and Breakdown
    Predatory- introduced Airachnid and her rivalry with Arcee
    Sick Mind- set up Megatron's return
    Out of his Head- Megatron's return, set up for Shadowzone
    Operation Breakdown- introduced Project Chimera, Breakdown loses his eye
    Crisscross- Airachnid gets a vehicle mode, Jack's mom is intriduced to the transformers
    Metal Attraction- Airachnid is forced to rejoin the Decepticons after going rogue
    Partners- Starscream goes rogue
    TMI- set up for Stronger Faster
    Stronger Faster- introduced synthetic energon, which was foreshadowed to show up again in the future
    One Shall Fall- set up One Shall Rise
    One Shall rise-Unicron dies, Dark Energon is explained, Optimus loses his memories

Season 2:
    Orion Pax- Orion decodes data entries that, as mentioned in the show itself, will set up future episodes; sets up the Operation Bumblebee's subplot of locating artifacts, Optimus is restored
    Operation Bumblebee- Starscream loses his T-Cog, it is hinted that we will eventually see the forge again
    Loose Cannons- Wheeljack returns, Dreadwing is introduced
    Crossfire- Airachnid defects, Dreadwing becomes Megs' new SIC, Breakdown dies, Airachnid discovers her army, sets up the events at the end of Nemesis Prime
    Nemesis Prime- Silas is critically injured and hinted to somehow return in Breakdown's body, set up Grill

The only episodes that really didn't contribute ANYTHING to the main plot are Speed Metal, Shadowzone, and Rock Bottom, although one could argue it set up Starscream's will to go rogue in the next episode. Then of course there is Grill, which was the first purely filler episode we've had this season. It seems that in the Prime forum, people use the word filler as a synonym for "I didnt like this episode."

18. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When compared to other series like the original G1, G2, the Unicron trilogy, RID, etc, Prime is not full of that much filler. A lot of the episodes contain material for plot and future episodes. In fact, in almost episode of Season 2 IMO, there is something that is referenced in the next episode.

19. Stygimoloch

News Credits:
    Point is, Prime usually ends with the status-quo returned. Filler may not have been the most appropriate word usage, but its the go to phrase when referring to the fact that the show doesn't change much. We get episodic plots with incremental changes. That's what I meant.

I didn't even say that was a fault of the show, cuz in my book it isn't. High profile, live action shows like Hawaii Five-O and NCIS get away with it for season upon season. I'm fine with it.

20. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Is there really even a need to change the status quo all the time? I mean, I often find shows that do that very often are too hard to get into unless you start when it premieres. I just started watching Fringe in the fourth season, and there is so much crap that goes on that if you miss even one episode, you're screwed. And don't get me started on understanding the three seasons before that, not to mention understanding the alternate universe AND alternate timeline versions of each character. Kids don't like that. Many just think "Cool, Transformers is on" and expect to be able to jump in.

So far Prime has been keeping a good balance of advancing plot but in an episodic manner, but at this point a recap episode would make a lot of sense because there has been a LOT going on since the start of season 2.