I was excited on hearing of TFilm Steeljaw

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    An Autobot animal, a robotic hound who transformed from a cannon? Sweet!

It was a shame he'd only be a toy-only character. I felt it was about time the Autobots got their own animals into the war; after all, the Decepticons had Scorponok, Ravage and Laserbeak. It would have been really awesome to see Steeljaw, as well as Ramhorn and Sky-Lynx (a space shuttle who becomes a griffin, Sy-Lynx would have been crazy-awesome as well as the closest thing to a Bayformer Dinobot actually occurring). The Driller, while a VFX masterpiece, was sort of underwhelming compared to what other Cybertronian lifeforms were out there.

Still, more TFilms are on the way. We can hope to see more Transformer animals.

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Yeah he would have been cool to have in the movie, but they probably didn't want him in because they would also have to put him in the final battle. And something tells me that Hasbro doesn't want an attacking Dog or anything hinting to that in the movie.

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    As opposed to having a cat or a bird in the film?

Anyway according to TFWiki he was cut out because he was too big to fit into Leadfoot's chest (the toy shows a human is able to ride him like a steed).

4. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Dogs are more vunerable to that kind of publicity.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I did always think it would have been cool for the Autobots have have some minions
    Before DOTM I had thought about what a movie Steeljaw would look like. I was thinking more like a Autobot variation on Ravage, but more lion like.

That would be the best way to update that character. I'd actually really like to see Hasbro do that.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Bunk.

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    It would've been awesome to see Steeljaw gnawing on the Decepticon piolet's head as the Wreckers explained how they survived.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  Now that's the kind of humour that I'd like to see in these movies. Ratchet making snide comments, Steeljaw gnawing on Decepticons, proper Sam-to-parents interaction. I'll pass on constructicles, humping dogs and pot-moms, thank you.

They wouldn't even have to focus on the gnawing, just out of focus in the background, but enough that we can tell what's happening. Or even a pan-by shot like when Igor licks the Lincoln head.

9. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I think Steeljaw would've been awesome in the film. It would've been cool to see a robotic animal on the Autobot's side for once. And I agree with the gnawing on the Decepticon pilot's head thing. That would've been hilarious. :lol 

Well, Ravage was more of a big cat then a small, domesticated feline that you see climbing on your back garden wall. So he's all right.

Laserbeak can talk, and has a vulture/dragon like design, both of which are commonly associated with death and evil. Plus, since he can talk, he's just about sentient enough to do stuff immediately on command like any other soldier, as opposed to having to be trained to do that.