I want to see the TF2 teaser already!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Jul 21, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    If I can remember, the first teaser for TF1 was launched in April of 2006. What gives now, it's July... almost August, and still no word about a teaser or trailer for TF2.

Or maybe Bay's got a lot of work ahead of him.

2. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i wanna see a trailer to but you know i think it is to early

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it'll be a bit longer before we see a teaser. I would imagine then want to build up the suspense a bit, by basically being quiet about it. Once we do get the first teaser, I think it'll be really short and have little info in it. Kinda like the HP-HBP teaser that was released not too long ago. I just hope that TF fans react a bit better to that type of teaser than most Potter fans did to it. I didn't realize how angry some of them can get over a teaser trailer. Though their nothing compared to some of the rants I've seen on these very boards.

4. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

All good things come to those who wait, lol.

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think we won't get a teaser at all, if there were going to be a teaser, we would've already seen it by now.

6. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The teaser for TF1 was to gain hype. They don't need it for this film so we'll have to wait for the trailer

7. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    it should be out with Eagle Eye

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    The teaser from the first film didn't even have any footage from the movie and was filmed ahead of the actual film. There already filming the actual movie now, so were probably going to be waiting until November or December for the actual trailer like last year.

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Sorry, but the footage from the teaser WAS in the film. Go to the part where Tom Banacheck (sp?) brings the laptop to tell Sec. Def. Keller about the aliens an about S7, just as there's a global blackout of all communications, before the hoover dam stuff. That footage is shown on the laptop. "What I'm about to show you is classified beyond top secret."

10. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Teaser will be shown at BotCom convention in August....Anyway, we should get something around chrismas... Maybe when Harry Potter comes out (boring) or The Day The Earth Stood Still (excellent).... And I guess they wont show alot anyway... to keep the anticipation and suspense... Remember, we have around a year left to wait!!!!

11. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    When they filmed the announcement/teaser they did not intend to use that footage in the actual film. The decision was made later.

Anyway, yeah, the "teaser" for the first film was a very early announcement just to kick off the hype machine and build awareness - which is something they don't need to do in the same way for the sequel. Expect a proper teaser around November and then a full trailer around March/April.

12. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

i could care less about a teaser, I was so unimpressed with the first film I'm quite disinterested in this one. I can wait for the trailers to roll around.

13. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I'm happy to wait how ever long it takes for them to have enough footage to work with to release a teaser trailer.

They don't need to go all out with a very early teaser this time around cause its a sequal and doesn't need the early hype to get the ball rolling.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

The footage in the first trailer had no actors in it so they didn't have to film it first, therefore the trailer was able to be released earlier

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If you read our Roberto Orci thread which is stickied, he was asked and he answered this question "think Novemberish"

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Well no teaser trailer for GI Joe yet either so both the Hasbro movies for next year are running teaser free so far. Wasn't there some rumor running around that we wouldn't see much at Comic Con either this year?

17. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i've heard november. Id reather wait for something interesting then have a rushed teaser that has nothing/little to do with the actual film

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah what Llam said. They said that the footage was not to be used in the teaser. They probably figured out a way to include it.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

They should come out with a trailer soon... hopefully, what they show in the trailer would really amplify my hype for more live-action TFs.