I Want To Believe...The X Files thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Nov 9, 2011.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    First off, yeah I know it's a little late, so spare me the comments regarding so. Just now getting into the show, and it is very well written and portrayed. I know that the final movie "I Want To Believe" is THE DEFINITIVE END of the series, but where in the story does "Fight For the Future" come in? I'd like to watch this in sequence with the show to keep it in order. Thanks, and remember, the truth is out there!

2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FFTF comes between Series 5 & 6, if memory serves me correctly.

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the X-Files, but I sure as heck did not love the last movie.

4. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Thank ya sir, hehe and nice avatar. :thumb 

Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews about both films from buddies of mine who have seen the show and the movies. I shall see for myself.

5. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow! It's been awhile since The X-Files was relevant. And I'm including that last few seasons. But if you're looking to marathon some DVDs, season 3 remains my favorite. It includes:
    D.P.O. - featuring 'lightning boy', with Giovanni Ribisi and Jack Black
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose - Peter Boyle's Emmy-winning guest spot
    War of the Coprophages aka 'the cockroach episode'
    Pusher
    Jose Chung's From Outer Space

I'd also recommend the S4 ep "Home", where they just effin' cranked things up to '11'.

Ditto. It was less "X-Files" and just a standard psychological thriller that could have existed outside of the franchise.
    Plus: see the hilarious comedian Billy Connely portray...a pedophile! Whose idea was that?!

6. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, definitely see for yourself. I have friends that didn't mind it. But for me.....it threw me off and left me wondering what the hell did that have to do with the original plot scheme...type...thing...ah hell...

Hell if I know. But I was hoping to see the standard-having you sit on the edge of your chair-intense-conspiracy theory about aliens shit......but alas it turned out to be something else which disappointed me a bit. Still, the story itself tried its best to maintain its theme along the typical x-file line (the unexplainable stuff).....so I guess it wasn't all too bad. It just wasn't what I expected.