I want Star Wars Transformers comics!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark Starscream, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

And I have to see these pairings:

Soundwave/Boba Fette
    Rodimus/Luke Skywalker
    Arcee/Princess Leia
    Springer/Han Solo
    Perceptor/C-3PO
    Grimlock/Chewbacca
    Wheelie/Jar Jar
    Galvatron/Emperor
    Optimus Prime/Anakin
    Nemesis Prime/Darth Vader
    Alpha Trion/Obiwan
    Shockwave/Grand Moff Tarkin
    Bludgeon/Darth Maul
    BW Megatron/Darth Tyrannus
    Padme Amidala/Elita One
    Onslaught/General Veers
    Emirate Xaaron/General Reiken
    Laserbeak/Imperial Probe Droid
    Cryotek/Jabba the Hutt
    Unicron/Death Star

And seeing Skywarp with a red lightsaber would be awesome!

2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Awww... you had me thinking you wanted to see the Star Wars Transformers in comics.

3. Dark Starscream

The Star Wars Transformers (as in their toy versions) would logically follow in the comic, but first the Star Wars characters need to be introduced to the TFs in order to get the technology.

And since the TF universe has characters that nearly match the characters in the Star Wars universe (like Nemesis Prime/Darth Vader), then why not pair them up in the comic?

And as for the toys, if only they could retool the heads to make TF characters, then it would be a match made in heaven!

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a SWTF comic done with absolutely no mention of traditional TFs, if done right, could be awesome. The empire could of developed the technology on their own, only to have it stolen by the rebel alliance.

5. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I agree, theres no reason that the pepole or alians from starwars could not just come up with the tech on there own. in fact iam surprised there isent anything like it already in the starwars universe. save for the toys..

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, but some Transformers can hold Light Sabers so well! :lol 

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Please no more crossovers!

8. MicroCracker

MicroCracker Well-Known Member

I always thought the SWTF could just be some overly-obsesive Junkions.

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aww, but crossovers are fun... just think... we'd never have had Hawk with the Matrix if it weren't for crossovers.

On the subject at hand, I have to agree with some of the others here. A SWTF comic done with no mention of the traditional TFs would be awesome if done right... no reason the Empire couldn't come up with this tech themselves.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would buy a SWTF miniseries retelling the movies with giant transforming robots. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

In fact, I would happily write it for $500.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    If the Spaceballs universe was able to have a transformer, then why not Starwars? Its a good idea that of the Empire coming up with the technology.

12. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I love Star Wars. I love Transformers. But hate the idea of the 2 of them coming together. Sorry but I think its as lame as Star Wars Transformer toys from Hasbro in the first place.

In fact I hate crossovers in general. They are a sad attempt at trying to steal money from 2 groups of fans. From a marketing perspective its genius, look at Aliens Vs Predator or Jason VS Freddy. But those all were dieing franchises. Which I can accept. They had no other choice. But Transformers and Star Wars independantly are still going strong. So no need to mix them. Yet.

13. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Well, there were those "droidekas" in the prequels, those robots that transformed into wheels. It's not a huge stretch to think that those were the precursor to larger, manned versions.

I wouldn't be too enthused about a SW/TF crossover either. I think both universes have enough story potential that they don't need to meet, plus they just don't seem that compatible with each other.

14. Dark Starscream

Not compatible?

I couldn't imagine two series that would be MORE compatible! There are few species in the universe the Decepticons can benefit from. The Empire, and their technological superiority over an entire galaxy with their Death Star, would be of great interest to Megatron. Let's do a compatibility test here:

Place: Numerous planets in galaxy far, far away
    -Both Transformers and Star Wars have spaceships, meaning they can battle and interact with each other in space.

Characters: Numerous alien species
    -Both Transformers and Star Wars have visited other worlds. It is likely that they would meet (or at least hear of each other) at some point.

Evil character's motivation: Galactic domination
    -Both Palpatine and Megatron hunger for power. Eventually, they would bump heads.

Good character's motivation: Freedom for all sentient beings
    -Both the Rebellion and the Autobots support this ideal.

Technology: Very advanced
    -True on both accounts. Both could learn from each other.

Weapons: Includes lasers and laser swords
    -Seen in both TFs and SW.

Chosen Ones:
    -Both have characters that have been chosen by a higher power. These include Anakin, Luke, Hot Rod, and Optimus Prime. We saw in Rebirth that Spike, a human, had a purpose on Cybertron to save their kind, so why not Star Wars humans as well?

Timeframe: Many eras
    -Both Star Wars and Transformers have significant stories that took place "a long time ago." How about 4 million years? However, both also contain others stories that take place across many eras and even universes. Some Transformers can even travel through time, which would enable a confrontation between, say, Luke Skywalker and Darth Maul.

War theme:
    -Both are about rival factions in an epic, galaxy-spanning war.

Human and robot interaction:
    -Both contain sentient robots (like R2-D2) and humans interacting and working with each other.

I would love to see a young Obiwan do a super-leap and lop off a Decepticon's head... Or see Yoda use his force powers to hurl a Decepticon... Or see an Autobot learn the ways of the force... Or see how The Nemesis dwarfs even Star Destroyers... Or see X-Wings battling Unicron. Perhaps Unicron has a hand in creating SWTFs like Darth Maul and General Grieveous, and then Palpatine adopts the technology for more of his troops?

The possibilities are endless and exciting.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I seem to remember that IDW pitched an idea for a comic based off of the Star Wars Transformers figures, and something about Lucas just replying that the whole concept was freaking ridiculous.
    Doesn't mean I wouldn't wanna see it though :) 
    DN

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I love Star Wars. I love Transformers. And having them crossover as toys--however crappy the production on them is--is the realization of a 20-year fan dream, at least for me.

However, having your favorite two things combined isn't always the best thing. I love milk. And I love cherry flavoring in just about any drink. But let me tell you -- cherry-flavored milk tastes like crap.

...uh, not that I've tasted crap before. I was just trying to make a point.

That being said, I would actually buy a Star Wars/TFs crossover comic series, provided it were a decent quality production.

However, I would wait until the TPB was published. And then I'd wait even longer until some comic shop was selling it for 25-50% off or part of some 2-fer promo.

But who knows--in the hands of the right staff, it might actually be decent. Marvel Megamorphs wasn't that bad:

http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/titles/MEGA_MORPHS.2005

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    This crossover would kick every other crossover's ass.

Time and multi-universe travels are necessary to make this possible, watching Megatron interacting with the siths, having jedis battling different TF, definately is my childhood dream. I should stop thinking about this, I'm getting too excited just by considrering the possiblities.

18. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lucas said it was ridiculous?!

George Lucas...

You are...DEAD...to me. :mad 

19. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I am totally behind that idea 100%. In fact I was disappointed when this was NOT the concept of the SWTF toys!

Including those tiny little SW figures and basically making the idea that SW characters are just flying ships that TF into robots that look like themselves is downright stupid! It's not even TFs; it's just some lame mecha anime concept.

To me, the main appeal of the TF concept is that these robots are ALIVE. And if anybody ever wanted to retell the SW movies where a living robot named Luke Skywalker TFs into an X-wing fighter and proceeds to blow up the Death Star(which may or may not TF into Vader), I would devour that story with glee.

And really, if you want to see the SW concept played out with TFs, just watch TFTM86.:wink: 

20. Supreme Prime

Supreme Prime Supreme Cosmic Being

I agree with you Pauly T, that will be more like a Transformers: Star Wars series.