I want Skullfire (X-Men 2099) to come back

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Kickback, Jan 23, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

There was also a Spider-Man Meets Spider-Man 2099...where they show some other Spider-Man from between 1999 (or whatever year it was) - 2099.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    That was the Spiderman 2211.

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    CripNite -

I'm not sure. The site I found (didn't save link, check Google with "Skullfire" X-men 2099" and it'll pop up on the second page I believe) explained that Marvel kind of pulled the plug on all the creative talent. The creative forces behind Doom 2099 who were doing the whole "One Nation, Under Doom" storyline got ousted and their plot thrown out halfway through the storyline. I believe they left shortly after. With dwindling sales on all the books save X-Men and Spider-Man, Marvel chose to consolidate losses by bringing everything together in to "World of Tomorrow 2099".

The site had a few comments from a few of the creators on at least X-Men 2099 and mentioned that they had some big plans that were never given the green light, including bringing back Skullfire and "rejoining" the X-Men. There were even talks of bringing in Apocalypse to really fuck things over, pardon my french.

But alas, all axed.

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Huh... there was supposed to be a 2099 game .

Also, if that's the site, 2099 Comics then it's full of info.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, Peter David and Warren Ellis both were on the 2099 roster but when the editor of the line was fired, both writers left the project in protest. Thus sales died and the titles were consolidated. Of course sticking 9 books worth of characters in one didn't pan out at all and everything was canned.