I want Scout Class BumbleBee, SideSwipe, in light of Deluxe Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tycho, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

For Transformers 3, my figures might be scaled down one size, so I'd like Scout BumbleBee and SideSwipe made. (And Scouts of all the other Autobots that would usually find themselves being Deluxe figures - including the upcoming Wreckers and the Ferrari - who also ought to be made as Deluxes (which I'm surely also going to buy).

But the Legends BumbleBee etc are so off-scale with other Legends as well as with an Ironhide or Ratchet Deluxe and Voyager Prime.

While many might be sick of BumbleBee products, one that does not exist is a Scout.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I went the other way around with this myself. I didn't buy a deluxe Ironhide because of the scale. I wasn't very inclined to buy the deluxe figure anyways, despite it being a really cool figure. I'm sorry, but I'll confess to buying deluxe Ratchet simply for his EMP Blaster. Lockdown loves me for it too :) 

I'd like to see your idea carried out, though. Scale is a very fickle thing with TFs other than lines that aren't specifically scaled.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think deluxe is a good size for movie Bumblebee. I don't think it's realistic to start asking for scout versions of every character just to fit in with deluxe Ironhide and Ratchet and voyager Prime.

I find that personally, some days I like things to be in scale with each other, other days I'm pretty 'meh' about it all. I'm not bothered enough by it to want a whole range of scouts for characters like Sideswipe, Skids, Mudflap etc.

Animated deluxe Bumblebee is too big though IMO. This is the only time scale bothers me slightly.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I bought deluxe Ironhide after the initial hype, regretted it after a while and now I'm selling him. His armpit elbows and that pointless drone thing bug me.

5. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I have the Takara deluxe Ironhide and love it. I'd want scout class versions of main characters simply because the scout class toys have been AWESOME in the movie line. But I think I'd like it more for the traditional mini-bots of the G1 era in a CHUG line.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think that's a very interesting point of view on all of this. However, I would much rather see deluxes and voyager for the Minibots in the Classics-Generation line.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'd like the Scout class to remain a haven for quirky designs, random characters, and updates/homages. It really stood out during ROTF.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I thought the Activators were going to be Scout sized like they were in Animated, but sadly, they are FAB sized. I was really looking forward to buying a cute little scout sized Bumblebee!

However, with Windcharger coming out I'm REALLY looking forward to updates of more Mini-Bots. Cosmos? Powerglide? Maybe even a scout class G1 Bumblebee! :D 

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I agree with the OP. For TF3 I'd like Bumblebee at scout class. It's pretty much the only size class they haven't done a Bumblebee at. And Jazz, and Sideswipe too.

Since Optimus got his Trailer, I think it'll make more sense to scale the others down.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm the opposite, i don't even think of powerglide as powerglide, his voice doesn't fit with the figure, same with seaspray, legends/scouts would better suit them,

11. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I'd love a scout Bee. I have a couple of Leader figs, but I'm really not a fan of the big TF's. A perfect TF toy world for me would be scouts and deluxes with a sprinkle of voyagers.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Count me in. But I also want a scout Optimus Prime too. Scouts are so cool. Gimme gimme gimme.

13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I've been wishing all the deluxe cars over the years were scouts. I love my G1 Diaclone Reissues and hate the way the deluxe cars are making them obsolete. G1 Prowl and co are pretty much the size of modern scouts.

There have been some great 'Scout' size cars in the past like Machine Wars/Robotmasters Mirage, the Battlechargers (great car modes), the G2 Laser Rods and Stormtroopers.

I've been wanting a Scout size Barricade to face off against G1 Prowl for the last 3 years.

I'd also love WFC toys based on their size class in the game. Bumblebee should be a Scout not a deluxe. I'd love scout sized versions of WFC Jazz, Breakdown, Dead End, Barricade and Sideswipe.

I have been loving the Movie Scouts like Clocker, Nightbeat and Breakdown (who looks nice with the likes of G1 Prowl) and cannot wait for Windcharger.

Would it not be cheaper for Hasbro to produce scout cars rather than deluxe? I know people like Legends but personally I find them to be cheap looking. For a lot of us, I'd imagine part of the appeal of the original Transformers were the realistic look and detail on them. I know if G1 had been what legends are today I wouldn't be here.

I'd also like to see Scout sized animals like Energon Battle Ravage, Cruellock and Robotmasters Victory Leo. I always preferred the blocky TF animals to the organic looking ones. Oh for Scout Size G1 Predacons engineered like Battle Ravage.

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right now I buy like every Scout car, I just love them in that size. I would love for the Scout line to incorporate more actual movie characters if the engineering stays up to par. On the other hand, as Wollstone says, it took on kind of a nutso, quirky life of its own during RotF.

15. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

A little off my own topic - I love what Hasbro has done making the old Mini-Bots into really sweet Voyagers - Powerglide and SeaSpray. Those are two of my favorite TF purchases in recent years. I am really digging SeaSpray right now! Too awesome. The character gets the treatment he always deserved! And an A-10 Warthog gets the best size increase and transformation detail possible for him without being a Leader Class (for Powerglide, I don't think there's really a demand for that).

Back to the subject though - this whole thing was prompted because I dig Ironhide as a character. The Voyager mold is too flimsy and doesn't close up well as a 'bot. Ironhide's Deluxe is just what I wanted - though it would have been better if the Voyager mold had been that good in the first place.

But now this new, better Ironhide (and Ratchet) don't fit size-wise with Deluxe cars. Prime is taken care of as the new Battle Blades Voyager is bad-ass! But BumbleBee (who always sells), SideSwipe, Jolt, Mudflap, Skids, Jazz, and now Hot Rod, possily Wheeljack, and whomever else could use a scale adjustment, too. I don't mind them being at a lower pricepoint, either. (I already bought plenty of these characters at Deluxe anyway).

And yes, I AGREE, that the previous quirky offerings in Scout like the bi-plane, 1920's car, etc are great and should continue - but you can add Bumblebee to this assortment, too. It certainly would not effect inventory turnover. BumbleBee will sell - especially at a lower pricepoint, but more detailed than Legends for sure.

16. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, I prefer scout class for cars, but Deluxes sell better and make more money for Hasbro.

So it wouldn't necessarily be cheaper for Hasbro, but it would be cheaper for us. And I think it works better for scale.

I like Legends class too. Things like minions work well at legends class. I like Movie Legends Scorponok and ROTF Legends Ravage. I would've also liked a legends Frenzy, and a legends Dispensor might've been cool too.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I hope they release Scout versions of the Classic Camaro Bee, Concept Camaro Bee, as well as stealth versions of both (I'd even get Cliffjumper repaints if they make different heads for them). Scout Class figures have more detail and articulation than Legends Class ones.

18. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Every time I see Oil Pan in the store, I so wish that yellow car was a Scout Class BumbleBee.

I can't customize Oil Pan though. His transformation is wrong for BumbleBee, as the back of this Decepticon's car becomes his chest, rather than his hood / front end, like BumbleBee.

This aside from the purple and the wrong head sculpt.

To bny888's wish list, I want to add how much I'd like a Scout Class SideSwipe, and Hot Rod, if he is indeed the red Autobot Ferrari that we've been seeing. Oh, and not to mention my favorite, Wheeljack, presumably as a silver Mercedes sports car. (I saw one of these new Mercedes 2-doors parked at a restaurant earlier this week and the car is really slick and awesome. It's way better than most Mercedes designs I'd seen before!)

But tell me why the Wreckers have two done in Wheeljack's and Smokescreen's G1 colors, respectively? Another might be done in Smokescreen's Alternator colors.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'd like a Scout sized BB just so I could have a Scout sized movie Bumblebee toy, wether it was/was not in scale with Ironhide and Prime wouldn't really concern me, but'd it wouldn't be unwelcome. I just think the basic/scout size is the perfect size/complexitity.

20. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This and being orange...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.