I want quintessons

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrime, Sep 30, 2008.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well I was tihnking about "The Fallen" and I would really hope they would introduce the quintessons, or at least mension them in ROTF or the 3rd movie if any. My curiosity has been wondering ALOT, over this movie, especially since we found out about devs and that the fallen will be a character in this movie, I want to know more about the creation of the transformers, and the vesel of leadership you know? More about there orgins...hopefully soon we will get more info, what do you tihnk though?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I hope that they never introduce the Quints into this story line in any way shape or form, unless they just use the names and that's it. I've always preferred the Primus version of their creation. Would be even cooler, imo, if they were able to come up with something new and different for their creation. Actually, technically speaking, they've already pretty much explained their creation, if not very detailed. The whole thing about the Allspark creating their world and them. Would be much better to just simply add more details to that than introduce the Quints, imo.

3. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

Well yes for that much it is true, but then you must explain the all spark and the creators intents, that is what I'm looking for, I really love that in depth detailed look into the beginning of a race

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't stay up late waiting for Quints if I you...

5. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

I'm of two minds about the Quintessons. Could work, but could also upset what has been set in where the Cybertronian race came from and all that has been brushed over by the movie.

I love getting indepth into this kinda stuff too, but i can see that never happening in the movies. Its just something that all in all won't add anything for the general public and will be taking up valuable screen time for other things such as story advancement.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind them; theyd probably look like the aliens from Independence day

7. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:

:lol  Bwahaha, so true... :bay 

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess it would depend on how they are used.

We've sort of been there done that as we get Transformers thanks to the Quintessons. But if they were an alien speices that were going to be trouble for both the humans and Transformers then that might get interesting that there is more to the universe than just humans and Transformers.

Still with so many characters that fans want to see and so many other things like the space ships we want to see put into the films somehow I just don't see a lot of room left to so many other things and the Quintessons. Maybe if that web cartoon GI Joe series takes off enough to green light something for the Transformers then perhaps we might see the Quintessons again.

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I asked this before, got negative answers. I'd have to agree, rather not introduce them.

10. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Here is a question related to this:

For a threat to say, Earth or even Cybertron in movie 3, which would you prefer? An invasion of Unicron or the Quintessons? You've gotta think that somewhere in these movies, both sides are gonna team up for a common foe... We ARE talking about Hollywood here.

11. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

if they do show up only as a cameo, just to show there is more then two races out in the universe/galaxy

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I have been thinking that Quintessons would make a wonderful addition to the movie depending on how its done.

My favorite idea is to make them the unwitting creators of a species of sentient robot.
    I just have always like that idea of life being birthed unbeknownced ( isthat how its spelled ?) to its creator. That history opens all sorts of doors up for how things unfold which is why i never like the all spark idea and the fallen it basically funnels all theory's into one neat and tidy package that I think is overly cliche now-a-days.

The other idea which isnt so bad is to make them a race of aliens that came in and had taken advantage of the Transformers civilization in its infancy. Shunned and cast to the stars eventually only to be plotting to return "for some reason"

I think if they made them a race of organic creatures obsessed with purging their organic halves and replacing it with machine would give it a sort of cool sadomasochistic vibe. Hell that could even give way to a wierd Dr Arkenville (what ever the docs name was SS captured) nod if they abducted a human to replace his organic side.

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If they did the Quints they would end up looking and acting so differant you'll be bummed out.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd prefer no Quintessons. They were okay in the '86 movie, even though it was really just mid-movie filler stuff, but when they showed up in the series I felt it took too much of the villain role away from the Decepticons. And when the Quintessions were stated as the creators of the Transformers, that's when my dislike of them completely solidified.
    So, as for the same reason I disliked them in the series, I'd not want them in the new movies. We already have enough with the Autobots and Decepticons and Sam and his storylines, and soldiers and whatever other human stuff would be in there, so the last thing I'd want is a load of egghead aliens coming along to steal even more screentime from the title characters. And I'd want them even less if they were going to show up as the creators of the TF (or the Allspark).

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Please please please no Quints or Unicron. The Fallen is bad enough as it is.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I don't think the Allspark needs an explanation for how it came to be. I think it would be better to leave that a bit of a mystery. Like Prime said, it all started with the cube. I really don't see the point in going farther than that in their history. That and the Quints just plain suck.

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I figure if they are atleast still squiddy like then that is close enough. That is the main appeal of them really. I dont know how they would do the 4 faces thing, I pretty much expect that to be scrapped or integrated in other ways.

I would hope they would have this one characteristic which is that old medevil law giver where they live in this insane world of whats right and wrong and have some clandestine attitude.

But your probably right if they made them bi pedal with arms and legs then they shouldnt even try. Its just a nice contrast of how feeble they are compared to their creations it just makes a nice back story

NOTE: Btw your sig made me hungry and thirsty and want to listen to the podcast all at once. Thats just great advertising :) 

18. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    I think it needs more explanation then that? I mean it is one thing to say there was someone that created the transformers, but hwen you talk about some random ass cube floating in the cosmos...it is hard to believe...

IDK, I just need more cause to get the quints in since the fallen is making an appearance.. :lol 

19. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

PLEASE.....No qunits or unicron why would you start such a thread! :banghead: 

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't really mind if it turned out the Cube was created by the Quintessons, but I hope they won't explain it all. Maybe just give some vague hints. Pretty much every revelation compromises the mystery of the Allspark, and flooding the screen with Quints would pretty much kill the mystery in one blow.

So..maybe better not.