I want bigger seekers...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I watched a couple of Peaugh's reviews on Generations deluxes in which he shows size comparisons with the classics seeker molds. I like the classics seekers a lot, but they're too friggin' small. I'd love to get a hold of some voyager-sized knock-offs.

Whaddya think?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Masterpieces and Animated Seekers are big 'nuff. While the Classics Seekers are nice, if they made upscaled KOs of them, they'd look rather goofy, cos the mold's so blocky.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Not Possible on the classics mold.

Upsizing would make them very top heavy.

and also,

Voyagers would cost a hell of a lot more money to complete the big 6.

4. Autobot X

I dunno...the masterpiece mold is a little too big, and not much fun to play with. Also, I try to stay away from a lot of the animated stuff...I like it, but it doesn't fit in aesthetically...Jazz looks waaaaay out of place amongst the rest of my G1 redux collection.

I'd actually be super happy if I could get Thundercracker and Skywarp decos of the voyager Starscream from Galaxy Force. I think that's my favorite Starscream, but he's pretty lonely.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Masterpiece Seekers are about the right size and design, and articulation is close to perfect. Sure, they're expensive, but at least because they have the older aged market in mind (with things like die cast components, high articulation, and little details like an opening nosecone).

Size wise, they're a fair bit bigger than the average Ultra class figure, and a fair bit more complicated in transformation than the classics mold, but considering you just want bigger seekers, Masterpiece is probably the way for you.

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. And since Habro gave us Cybertron Starscream that is pretty much Thrust and Dirge in this mold as a Target exclusive. Hasbro/Takara would only need to do Ramjet and we would have all 6.

7. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I personally think the Classics Seeker mold is perfect the way it is. What scale are you guys using when you say they're too small? Alt mode?

Masterpiece is too lanky and kibbly IMO. I played with my buddy's Starscream and have never touched another one since.

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I would like a Voyager mold seeker, classics styled. I also feel like the deluxe one is a little to small. It's good, but I'd prefer an upgrade. Masterpiece is close to perfect, just a little too big and playability is limited.

9. Autobot X

Starscream and co. are just too short. The scale for the first wave of G1 was pretty good (minus Megs and Soundwave, obviously). I stand Prowl next to Starscream, who is taller, and it makes sense. Universe Prowl being taller than Classics Starscream is just weird.

I dunno...I'm not explaining myself well enough...

10. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see new Seeker molds in either voyager or ultra size class... hell pretty much all the Cons should be in those size classes.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It would be interesting, but the Deluxe class versions are perfect for my Classics shelves. Depending on how many of them are included (if any beyond Starscream), would be nice to see a Voyager sized Seeker mold for the new show's line. Worked well for Animated, imo (although I still don't own any version of the mold, lol).

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think if the Seeker mold sucked (like say, Galvatron's mold), I could get behind a 'Classics Voyager Seeker' argument. Since I like the deluxe mold and it's gotten a good share of praise, I'm not exactly eager for a Voyager one. I'd rather see Voyagers of other characters we haven't seen yet (Grapple, tank characters, some Constructicons, Shockwave, etc.) or characters who could use a do-over (Galvatron, perhaps Grimlock).

That said, if Hasbro brought back the Voyager class to Generations and wanted a decent seller, I could understand if they went back and did Starscream and some of the other Seekers for that reason. I wouldn't blame them, but selfishly I'd rather see other stuff.

13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see iGear downsize the MP Seeker mold to Voyager size.

14. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I think the best way to get huge seekers is to get multiple Cybertron Starscreams and alot of paint.

Is Cybertron Starscream bigger than Masterpiece? Don't have either one to compare.

15. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    If they were to release the Cybertron voyager Screamer mold in the Seekers,then I would buy them,hell they already gave us Dirge,now we just need to get the other 5.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the Deluxe Seeker to death. However, I'm starting to pick up some larger Autobots for Classics and Screamer does look a little teeny.

However, he'll still look quite nice next to upcoming things like Fansproject Bruticus and the WfC Megatron and Soundwave. And he's still sized just right next to Cyclonus, who I love even more than my little Screamer.

17. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I got an email the other day that told me how to get a bigger seeker for $19.95.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I think I'd also like to see the Seekers go up a size class.

When they were first made they were great, but the Universe and now Generations line are causing those Classics mold to look rather old and dated. Just seems like the toy line has advanced so much since then. They aren't much taller than Classics Bumblebee and look kind of short when displayed beside a figure like Cyclonus.

Seems like the chance to get something closer to the new standards, while still keeping the factors of playability and a price point that will not kill the piggy bank.

19. KARR

KARR Roving Robot

Maybe we'll see some taller deluxe seekers from the WFC Generations line. If they were the same height as Classics Cyclonus, that'd be about right.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Solution:

Buy a few Cybertron Supreme Starscream figures and paint them!

Or use the Animated Seekers or the Masterpiece Seekers.

Go Masterpiece if you don't sit on your bedroom floor and having you Seekers do epic fight with other toys. They won't come back.