I want a Transformers game that heavily focuses on the DISGUISE part.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by netkid, Jul 15, 2017.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Here's the idea:

Single Player Campaign:

A Transformers game that heavily focuses on the DISGUISE part. It can be any existing fictional setting, 80's Generation One or Current Bay movies. You start off as a blank protoform, first choosing your gender (malebot or fembot). Then you choose where you crash in a city. You can crash anywhere on the world map, but certain areas will allow you to choose certain alt modes quicker than having to travel across the map to them. Examples: Crash in a car lot to scan a car, crash in a military base to scan a tank, crash at a dock to scan a boat, crash near a Department store and scan a fridge, whatever). You can change your alt mode any time as long as there are things around to scan, even during missions/combat to trick enemies.

After you find an alt mode, you travel about the city in vehicle mode, discovering from police wave scanners what other transformers are hiding about. You listen in and track them down. Blending in is key. Not driving erratically or drawing attention to yourself will keep human suspicion low. If you transform and are seen by human in public, alerts will rise and cops will arrive. Your job is to escape them. If you cause havoc, damage, destruction, and death, the military will arrive and try to destroy you. Keeping in disguise will keep you alive. In low populated / rural areas and abandoned buildings, you can safely transform into robot mode and not worry about being detected by humans.

If you find transformers in hiding and smoke them out, they will challenge you. Autobots will challenge you to a nonviolent event like a race or something that involves saving/protecting humans from disasters or Decepticons. Decepticons will challenge you to one-on-one fights or destruction missions and missions where you kill Autobots.

After a few of these encounters with each faction, you can then choose a side (Autobots or Decepticons) or work as a lone wolf. You can also change factions/lone wolf status at any time you want (backstabbing harder than Starscream next to a dying Megatron). From there, you can collect parts from Transformers you defeat/kill during missions or random encounters to enhance your own body and weaponry. If you get the "spy" and "multi-changer" upgrades, you can work for both factions, doing missions for each at the same time by using your multiple robot and vehicle modes. If you join a faction, you can have their scientists and inventors research upgrades for you faster than it would take from just killing robots. Eventually you will upgrade to become the strongest Transformer around.

If you had joined the Decepticon faction, you will have to kill Starscream and Megatron to become the new leader. You will then be tasked with taking on Optimus Prime. Defeat him for rule of Earth and Cybertron.

If you had joined the Autobot faction, you will have to prove to Optimus that you can become the new leader. You will then be tasked with taking on Megatron. Defeat him to gain the Matrix of Leadership and save Earth and Cybertron from a newly arrived Unicron and a reborn Megatron aka Galvatron.

If you had not joined a faction, you will have to kill both Megatron and Optimus Prime to become the new leader of all Transformers. Defeat them both to unite the factions as one, then choosing to rule Earth or leave it peacefully and to then rebuild Cybertron, choosing finally to rule it peacefully, or through tyranny (your call).

Multiplayer:

Multiplayer will focus heavily on using disguises to trick your opponents in the maps. Games like death match, team death match, capture the item, king of the hill, etc. will be there. Disguises/alt-modes can be changed at any time during multiplayer matches so long as you found something new to scan. There will not be player info above players as that would give them away if they were hiding as a car amongst other cars in a parking lot. Acting normal and driving normal when around enemies will help you slip by them and allow you to then ambush them around the corner. For these reasons, auto-targeting is only available in robot mode when your targets have exposed themselves from their vehicular disguises.

New multiplayer game modes:

-"Bot-Hunt" will tag one player as the target all enemy players will hunt. That one player will constantly be changing their alt mode to go undetected and trick the opponents who, in this specific mode, cannot change their alt modes. Players can mess with their fellow competing hunters by killing them via friendly fire, but these kills do not count towards points. Be it hunter or hunted, the player with the most kills wins the match and starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Team Bot-Hunt" will task each team player with an enemy team player to hunt, all players constantly changing their alt modes to go undetected and trick their opponents. You can only score points if you kill your assigned target. The team with the most kill points wins the match and the player with the most kills starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Sterner Stuff" A free-for-all battle mode where the player who takes the most damage but dies the least wins the match. The idea here is to give it your all and kill enemies but strive to stay alive. Self-preservation and being hard to kill wins you points. Regularly retreating and healing yourself will keep you around longer in game. Killing enemies does not award you as many points as "% damage taken" and "lifespan" does. HOWEVER, the player with the most kills (not points) starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...). This incentivizes players to get out there and fight rather than run away and hide for the majority of the match. Hit-and-run tactics will keep you alive. Knowing when to go out guns-blazing and when to retreat like a cowardly Starscream will help you win matches.

-"One Shall Stand" A fast free-for-all game mode. Everyone has 1 life. The last player remaining wins the match. The player with the most kills (not points) starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Divide and Conquer" A fast team game mode. Everyone has 1 life. The team remaining wins the match. The player with the most kills (not points) starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Protect or Destroy" Autobot players must protect NPC humans from attacking enemy Decepticon players for a certain amount of time. If all humans die then the Decepticon team wins. If 1 human remains when the countdown finishes, then the Autobots win. The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Countdown to Extinction" A team of Autobot players must prevent a team of Decepticon players from collecting various components located around the map and bringing them to a central location in an attempt to build a superweapon. If the weapon is completed, a countdown will begin. Autobots must attack the fully assembled weapon to re-scatter it's parts across the map. If the countdown of the fully assembled weapon ends, it will activate and instantly kill all Autobot team members. The Decepticons have a certain amount of attempts and/or a certain amount of time (limits determined in match setup options menu) to assemble the superweapon. If they run out of attempts or time, then the Autobot team wins. The player with the most kills (not points) starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Cosmic Rust" A "Last Man Standing" type game mode. One randomly-chosen player starts out as a Cosmic Rust infected Transformer (can be Autobot or Decepticon) and must kill other players to add to their team. The last player remaining uninfected wins the match IF they survive the 15 second countdown, BUT if they are killed, then the player who infected the most players during the match wins. The player with the most kills (not points) starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"A Plague of Insecticons" A joint Autobot & Decepticon mode where all players, regardless of faction, must work together to ward off waves of oncoming Insecticons. The mode ends if all players die or if all waves are repelled. The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Starscream's Ghost" A joint Autobot & Decepticon mode where all players, regardless of faction, must work together to destroy a player who has been randomly-selected to play as Starscream's ghost. One player takes control of Starscream's ghost and uses his unique powers of stealth, speed, and possession to attack all the other players. This special mode has players losing control of themselves to Starcream's possession. Players can only damage Starscream when he's possessed another player. In unpossessed mode, Ghost Starscream is invulnerable, invisible, and extra fast. When in proximity, the Starscream-player can jump from player-to-player at any time. However, he will take on the health properties of whatever player he possesses. So if a player he possesses has low health, then he too will have the same amount of low health and be at risk of easily dying. However, the Ghost Starscream player can heal himself(and his-victim) if he picks up health packs while possessing that player's body. If the players manage to kill the Starscream-posessed player, they win but their possessed comrade dies in the process. If the ghost-Starscream player manages to kill all the other players, leaving 1 left to possess, then he wins the match. The player with the most kills of possessed Ghost Starscream victims will start the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"All-Star" mode lets players play as their favorite fictional Transformers characters in DM, TDM, KOH, and CTF style matches. This mode is more for classic multiplayer gameplay and does not involves rescanning new vehicles to hide/deceive enemy players. The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Race" has you and your opponents racing to the finish in alt mode. All land/air/sea vehicles are supported in this mode (think Diddy Kong Racing). Multi-changer Transformers are allowed in any race mode, granting the player the ability to take different routes and shortcuts via driving on land/air/sea depending on the character's attributes (Springer can drive on land and fly, Broadside can sail on water and fly, Quickswitch can drive on land/air/sea and take secret underground shortcut routes using his drill tank mode). The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Combat Race" has you and your opponents racing to the finish mostly in alt mode. All land/air/sea vehicles are supported in this mode (think Diddy Kong Racing). Multi-changer Transformers are allowed in any race mode, granting the player the ability to take different routes and shortcuts via driving on land/air/sea depending on the character's attributes (Springer can drive on land and fly, Broadside can sail on water and fly, Quickswitch can drive on land/air/sea and take secret underground shortcut routes using his drill tank mode). At times, you will very briefly stop at designated "fight zones" where all players will transform into robots and duke it out for a period of time. Those that die will be delayed, those that live will get a few seconds head start to race on towards the finish. The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

-"Base War" is a real time 3-stage mode that has players split into 2 massive teams, each working towards transforming their giant city-former base into it's robot mode to destroy the enemy's (kinda like 2005 Star Wars Battlefront 2's space battle mode). Players begin each round stationed inside a giant city-former. A team must work together as 2 parts: defenders and attackers. Defenders job is to activate the city's external/internal defenses, then transform it into mobile mode to bring the city to the enemy's base's location, and then transform it to robot mode to fight/destroy the enemy base/robot. Attackers job is to leave their own base, travel to the enemy's base, and attack it to prevent them from fully activating it. Any base defenses destroyed by attackers can be repaired (this is important later!). When one (or both) base are transformed into their mobile mode, they will travel to the enemy base's location or a midpoint, bringing the enemy teams closer to fight. When the bases meet, it is then the job of each team to get their base transformed into Robot mode. The first team to transform it's base into robot mode will then be transferred into a spectator mode and the base robot will begin inflicting damage on the unchanged enemy base until it is destroyed. If the enemy manages to also transform their base into robot mode, then both bases will battle it out and all players, but 2, will be transferred into spectator mode. Player control of each base robot will be transferred to each team's top-scoring player. The health, defenses, and attack power of each base robot will be determined by the health and remaining amount of their base defenses from the previous base mode form. So for example, if your attacking teammates manage to destroy an enemy base's defenses then they will be weaker when they fight the enemy base in robot mode or will have a weaker attacking strength if they are attacking an enemy base that is still stuck in base mode. So keeping your base healthy and it's defenses repaired before transforming in into a robot is crucial to winning that final battle or to destroying an unchanged enemy base quicker. The player with the most points starts the next round with bonus power-ups (stuff like full weapon loadout, energy shield, cloaking device, I dunno...).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

Honestly one of the best Earth based Transformers Games ever is the 07 game for the DS. It does have a disguise meter and the ability to take different alt modes and have an open world experience was very enjoyable during my childhood. The console version was decent as well, while it gave open world and access to G1 skins for free, you couldn't scan alt modes and assume them, you played as one of the main characters. You made your own character in the DS version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. netkid

News Credits:
    Wow, I'll have to check that out. So it's just the 2007 DS games, right? How do the other Transformers movies DS games play then?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

Not so good. ROTF ditches Open world and DOTM ditches user character entirely. I highly suggest it- but the graphics are terrible like all the DS games.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

There is a decepticon and autobot version, however in my experience the dcon version offers more alt mode variability, including tanks and jets while autobot version is like just Cars. If you have an action replay tho you can unlock download exclusive characters and whatnot, giving you the ability to fly on the autobot version and the a G1 SS skin on the Dcon version.

6. netkid

News Credits:
  7. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

Transformers: Decepticons and Transformers: Autobots are the games you are looking for.

8. netkid

News Credits:
    I know but are any of the other DS transformers games good? They're fairly cheap new, I could get each one for like $25 or less new online...if I ever even get a DS! ;D

9. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

I mean- I've played ROTF and DOTM- they both pale in comparison to the 07 games. ROTF let you update your loadout but you were stuck with the same body type. DOTM trashed original character totally but it has Lockdown (animated style). Imo I picked up Decepticons for $4 bucks from Gamestop used in 2013. You could get a DS for like 35 used. When autobots came out in 2007, I paid 30 dollars for it however.

10. Stryker729

Stryker729 Bonless Pizza

The WFC DS games aren't bad either and offer a huge character selection. But still have the same shitty graphics from 07 and no open world.

11. Venixion

Venixion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds really fun. I like that idea alot. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. MachiniPrimus

MachiniPrimus A.K.A Machinimus

So what you're essentially asking for is MGS meets Transformers?

I'm listening.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lemonstorm

Lemonstorm Member

God, I loved the '07 DS game. I remember going to the store with my mom to pick me a birthday present, and as soon as I layed my eyes upon the two versions of the game, I picked the Decepticons one without a second thought. I fell in love with it. The graphics were AMAZING for a DS game, the scanning feature was fun and the controls were smooth af. Voiceover was excellent as well (Keith David's Barricade had more character depth than any live-action Transformer ever). Great story, long campaign and -most importantly- open world freeplay. If I recall correctly, it was critically the highest-scoring TF movie game back then, surpassing its console counterparts in everything except graphics.
    Damn, I must have played it for, like, 3 years? And that was a decade ago...Good ol' times. You should definitely give it a shot. Both versions.

14. Twin Lambo fan

Twin Lambo fan Also loves Snarl

I like it, I like it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  15. netkid

News Credits:
    added a new mode: BASE WAR

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d be down for that.

17. netkid

News Credits:
    added new multiplayer modes:

-"Sterner Stuff"

-"One Shall Stand"

-"Divide and Conquer"

-"Protect or Destroy"

-"Countdown to Extinction"

-"Cosmic Rust"

-"A Plague of Insecticons"

-"Starscream's Ghost"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  18. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

Naming game modes from the TF mythos is clever and much appreciated. It looks like you put a great deal of thought into this, but as this site as revealed to me- stimulating any REAL conversation and exchange of ideas is not easily accomplished. The TF community seems to have a limited number of fans interested in doing little more than screaming at one another or toys.

I've spent time compiling ideas in this thread of the vast range of abilities and weapons TF characters could possess. In my game project, alt modes would mainly serve as a transportation element, but would also determine which abilities could be accessed during combat, and would impact game play on the diverse maps available. Autobots would thrive on "Earth" maps, which would include city, desert and other flat terrains. Maps with 'stormy' conditions would improve of impede air based combat. Certain characters would have small benefits on Cybertron (being comprised of metal and with a different atmosphere than Earth) depending on if they're build for terrestrial or air based combat. The map elements would play a major factor in choosing your team.

A Transformers MOBA...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017