Heavy/Scratch: I Want a Metroplex TOO!!! (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ServO, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Heya Team...

So everyone get's to have a bad ass Metroplex, and I wanted one too, so I decided to attempt this guy...
    I've been working on him for about 4 days now, and he's very much so a WIP, but I'm at a point where I feel comfortable tossing him out there and seeing what y'all think...
    He will still Transform of course!
    I realize that the arms may look a bit short, but 1)They don't look as bad in person, and 2) I'm waiting on some better hands that will add some more length to the arm overall.
    I still need to finish his left toe, replace the hands, ball joint the head, add greebles, guns, paint, and details...
    Please excuse the garrish splotches of red, as the donor bot for the waist and arms was red...that donor bot being a junker RID Prime...the legs came from Cybertron Metroplex.

UPDATE
    Added some updated pics of his bot mode. New hands, articulated feet, ball jointed hips and head. I added a little wire gimmick to the head and feet just as one of those fun details. I still have more painting, greebeling, and arming to do. He's becoming a really fun custom for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE
    I've been putzing with this guy for a little bit...started adding details and decals...also found replacement parts for his shoulder cannons and left shoulder tower...
    No, I won't shorten his legs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. kdog

kdog Well-Known Member

looks like your off to a good start.

3. 808kalams

808kalams Wrecked

Ebay:
    Damn dude that's badass.

4. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    You should shorten the legs and beef up the arms that would make this guy near perfect.
    Looks great so far!

Does he transform into any sort of base?

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    wooooooot another one :D  kewl mate! I know almost everthing I did was screwed aswell, only the waist needs glue in my case ... but iv easy made extra screwholes (wait that doesn't sound right :p ) by holding a nail and heating it up, then pressing through the plastic, works perfect and found that out by accident ;)  Good luck a the arm.. I might add a balljoint in the wrist later...

6. G60Force

Ebay:
    btw how did you remove the feet(toes)? thnx bro..

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shorten the legs up n you'll be good to go man. Other than that it looks great!!

8. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    i think if he lengthens the arms the legs won't look so long.

nice stuff

9. ServO

News Credits:
    Thanks! Still a lot to do though!

Hahaha YEAH! When I think of Metroplex, It's hard to fathom his scale as if we were actually looking up at him, but if you could, it would be the most bad ass thing anyone has ever seen....That's what I want my custom to convey. :dj 

Thanks, and Yes! He will maintain pretty much his original transformation, however without any filling, sanding, paint, weapons, or greebles, his alt mode currently resembles what it would like if Metroplex drank too much and passed out.

10. ServO

News Credits:
    Screwhole. Say it alot! I try to say it every chance I get! There can NEVER be too many screwholes. I use a drill bit that is slightly smaller than the screwhole...figure out where the pieces line up and give it a good drilling...then blammo...screw it in good and tight.
    The ball jointed wrists sounds like a good idea...I'm toying with that myself...however, I would have to make sure that the ball joint itself is concealed within the wrist.
    His toes are actually super easy to remove...just fold the front of his leg down like you're transforming him and look at the bottom of that panel. One screw and it's off...however, mounting a ball joint setup in there proved to be the hardest thing about this custom so far...I drilled a hole in the foot from the front using the existing toe screwhole, and I made it just large enough to accept the stem of the ball, and then I glued it in place. Then I almost completely hollowed out the toe with a dremel, and fitted the socket inside it using first glue to keep it in place, and then I built up around the socket with white modeling filler. That socket is NEVER coming out of there...
    I also added two large ball joints in the legs where the G1 Moetroplex hips connect to the Cyb. MP's legs...
    His legs bring me to my next post of quotes...

11. G60Force

Ebay:
    thnx for the info... the electronics and the left-shoulder is driving me nuts :D 

12. ServO

News Credits:
    Hahahaha! I've been going back and forth on that myself for a while now and here's what I've come up with...
    I won't shorten his legs...this version of his legs is my 3rd try, and the way it all fit together was too perfect to be a coincidence lol...
    Technically each leg has 5 points of articulation as it is right now, and his legs are rock solid...I'm pretty much in love with how they are set up...so that leaves the arms...
    I went into photoshop and added 3/4 of an inch to each forearm just to get some sort of visual before I started modding, and I have to say...I feel that with the longer arms, he looks kinda like a monkey. I want proportions to be correct of course, but when I look in the mirror at where my arms lie at my sides, it looks like my hands are at about crotch level...sorry I couldn't think of anything else in that area...
    I am attaching the mentioned photoshop pic.
    I think that it would go a looooong ways to get rid of those boxing glove mitts of his and give him some nicely proportioned hands with fingers...that might possible balance out the look of the arms enough.
    But that's why it's a WIP, and why I wanted to post it up...I have no better rescource than all of you!

Attached Files:

13. G60Force

Ebay:
    wow go for it!.. if a classics Metroplex would be released, he would look like that ;) 

BTW for myself I'm gonna up a notch... stay tuned

HINT: 4th transformation :D 

14. ServO

News Credits:
    Updated pics...a little closer to almost done!

15. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

looks pretty good so far...keep it up man!

16. ServO

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I think maybe I have a problem...the rest of the man cave is worse, and it's spilling out into the living room...Metroplex only complicates things lol.

17. Alloy Alchemist

easily fixed just send me some of your collection! lol

18. ServO

News Credits:
    Hahaha

19. Alloy Alchemist

looks like you got a nice collection going there,all over the TF lines

20. Alloy Alchemist

looks like those new legs gave Metroplex a much need height adjustment...how tall is he now?