i wanna know what wheeljack looks like dammit!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pokemontrainer1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Well despite the design, I think a lot of people would prefer Wheeljack over a made up character altogether.

2. 420bot

420bot ******

No I'm saying we should just plain stop talking about it (it being everything that's become questionable about dotm) and Nelson will cry b/c obviously he gets off on lying to the fans and watching them rip eachother apart and this will ruin his loser life.

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Both spelled the same, but either way I don't want him to be called 'that' or 'what'.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Glad to see the fans are taking the moral high ground in all this.

5. 420bot

420bot ******

Nelson feeds on our rage, if we do not fight or even acknowledge his posts Nelson is as powerless as the Fallen.

I just realized that the above is the best thing I've ever written on here b/c it's beyond truth, it's like i dunno... a noble truth.

Nelson is a chaos agent plain and simple.

6. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

Fair point. I honestly wouldn't mind the design if it wasn't for the headsculpt. Unless people constantly are like "Why do you look like Einstein?" in the movie, I won't ever be able to accept it. Why would he look like that?

7. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    Because it honestly suits Wheeljack's G1 nature. In the original cartoon, Wheeljack was a scientist and an inventor. And who is the most identifiable smart guy that has ever existed? Einstein.

8. 420bot

420bot ******

Stephen Hawking and Perceptor would like a word with you, lol.

But actually I hope he's called Perceptor in DOTM, I think the name suits the head design better.

A Master of Perception Over Our Universe = Einstien.

9. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

Yes, that I understand, why a cybertronian being would look so similiar to anything on earth in their robotform is beyond me.

10. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    You are saying that Stephen Hawking is far more well known than Einstein? Do you think making Wheeljack look like him would have been better?

....not like it hasn't been done already

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    and...

[​IMG]

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    The light up hair alone makes the Wheeljack moniker a better fit.

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    What happened to the people bitching that the transformers didn't look human enough. Now we have autobots with human like features and they're complaining about that too.

14. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    We just can't win, can we?

15. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

Those aren't gestalting a person that's equally iconic as the persona and look of Einstein. When people see Sentinel they might think that he looks earthly with that beard, but it's not the immediate recognition that this apparant "Wheeljack" gives to Einstein. It's like if they would model Leadfoot after Santa Claus.

16. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

Because people from two groups with two entirely different arguments must be the same people. I'm trying to keep a discussion up, if all you're going to do is bitch about bitching, then just leave it instead.

17. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    So what if he looks like Einstein? Is it really going to ruin the entire movie for you?

I'm not saying that these robots deliberately set out to look identical to anything on earth. But this also doesn't have anything to do with any prior Transformers series. It's just Michael Bay being himself. If he wants Wheeljack to look like Einstein, then let him. It obviously doesn't bother me. I'm just happy with the fact that Wheeljack will be in the movie.

18. JosephIor

JosephIor kirbytron

NO, that's not what I'm saying. I responded to your comment about my comment regarding the design of Wheeljack/Que. I replied saying that I didn't like the headsculpt and proceded to describe why. This has nothing to do about how this will affect my view on the movie. We are discussing the look of Wheeljack/Que, not the movie in its entirety.

EDIT: As Michael Bay doesn't do anything towards the design of the characters except approve them, I don't see his real involvement really. And I am letting him. And it does bother me, not that he doesn't look geewun or whatever, but more so that if they wanted Wheeljack to be in the movie they should've done his character justice, and I, personally, feel that they haven't done that. But we don't have to agree, that's the beauty of discussion.

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Guys, look.
    A character by the name of "Q", or "Que", is a major character in the James Bond films.
    Nelson has claimed recently that they cannot name the Ferrari a name associated with Hasbros toys due to copyright reasoning. Would the company that makes the Bond films let go of the name Que?
    Think about it.
    (This post shall be void if in fact I am an idiot, and Que has not appeared in the Daniel Craig Bond films.)

20. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    i honestly dont care what anyone has to say about it anymore. wheeljack is the blue mercedes and mirage is the red ferrari. it has been proven in many of other adaptations of the movie and in the game. (wheeljack was announced)why would they switch the names just like that of only two characters? i just dont buy it. i find it hard to believe someone thats gonna lie to us about a movie.