i vote for bay's return for TF2,who are with me?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hyperion prime, May 19, 2007.

1. hyperion prime

hyperion prime Well-Known Member

i always taught that michael bay choice was perfect and for what i've seen it seem my faith in him was a good choice.since the sequel is almost a matter of days or 1-2 month before it's confirm,i vote for his return for the sequel.

it's time for everyone who were against bay's choice to rise and say:Yes,we want him to return for transformers 2 as well as the team from the first one.

come on and roll out!

2. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

No, after this they really need to develop the characters and Mythos, something Michael Bay isn't used to directing.

Personally for a darker take on the TFs I would have loved Tim Burton to do it.

3. betetta

betetta guitar face

personally....no, i would like a director who could develop a history in the sequel, the action isn't everything (but i admit that bay is great for that)

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

no not in the least for reasons stated above.

5. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

This first movie is Bay's 'G1', if you will. I dont think I would have it any other way.

6. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I'd like some consitency to the look of the series, so for that I say "yes". It helps that I'm a fan of Bay's movies anyway and think TF will be superb. I also can't think of another 'action director' who could deliver the spectacle something like TRANSFORMERS needs.

A different director can bring new stuff to a film series, but after the balls-up that was X3 (although personally I found the script to blame more than anything!), we should stick with a (hopefully) winning formula/team.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Ask me again after I've seen the movie, which is when everybody should really be making their final judgements.
    DN

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

cant really say from having not watched this movie yet. but what if he tag team directed with someone like sam raimi or what not?

9. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I would say "yes" ....but i still hold judgement til after the film is out....

10. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

I thought the same about Spidey 3 before I saw it. After seeing it I will no longer be giving those films any of my money. Expectations should be low given Bay's film history.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If he does as good a job as it appears in the trailer, then yes. Bring him back.

12. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Right now, I say yes. That might change though, depending on my final thoughts of the movie.

13. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    If this movie is good then Hell, Freaking Yes bring him back!!! Keep the design team too!! Well infact keep the entire teams on the movie. I think the only other person who could keep up with Bay's action for 2 would be the guy producing the movie. Spielbeg. But other than that I dont know who else. Though Spieldberg could make the movie alittle deeper than Bays. I'll wait until 7.4.7 to decide.

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I will wait to see the final product before I decide if I want to see Bay come back for the sequel. But, if the film is as good as those trailers then I say, hell yeah!!!

15. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

What these 2 gentlemen said.

As it stands I see no reason why not. Besides that I like consistency and changing directors changes the movie's feel. If anything in a perfect world team Michael Bay w/a director who specializes in characterization. That way we get the best of both worlds :D 

16. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll wait until I've seen the film before making that kind of decision.

Printed out in front of me is a list of the worst ideas ever conceived. This one ranks right up there with the best (worst?) of them.

17. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd vote for him, he knows how to get the shots right. I have to say, I don't agree with the statements that he can't handle mythos, or a good story. He isn't responsible for the story, the writers are......Plus, I'm one of the twelve people who LOVED Armagedon.

18. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

Yeah, then we'd get Johnny Depp as Chip! Great!! In case you can't figure it out, that was sarcasm. I don't think TF needs a "darker take." I think any "Transformers" movie should be about giant robots fighting each other, with little else. The more giant robots, the more fighting, the more over-the-top it is, the better for me. Someone give me the battle at Sherman Dam! I want to see a live-action Space Bridge! I want the Dinobots!

As far as what director for TF2? I can't really pick any one director. I think Spielberg would do a good job, but I think he might revert to his "family-oriented" mode (a la War of the Worlds.) After Bay's movie, I'm not even sure I'd want someone who's a huge G1-fan (did I just say that?) I think a huge G1-fan would try to re-invent the franchise in the image of the 1984 cartoons, instead of running with the continuity of the TF-movie-verse. While this would hold some appeal, it would also make the sequel feel like a re-make, rather than a sequel to the 2007 movie.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm going to wait and see how the movie is first. But I'm all about the same director doing sequels. Check out the last few Batman movies in the original movie-series for how new directors can fuck everything up.

20. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this movie really is as good as it looks, then more Bay, please.