I Triple-Dog Dare You: Indiana Boy Gets Tongue Stuck on Light Pole

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optimusprime42, Jan 16, 2009.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    a chirstmas story comes to life

FOXNews.com - I Triple-Dog Dare You: Indiana Boy Gets Tongue Stuck on Light Pole - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

HAMMOND, Ind. — In a scene straight out of the movie "A Christmas Story," a 10-year-old Hammond boy got his tongue stuck to a metal light pole.

Police say the unidentified fourth-grader was able to tell them that a friend dared him to lick the pole Wednesday night. Temperatures in Hammond were around 10 degrees at the time.

By the time an ambulance arrived, the boy was able to yank his tongue off the frozen pole.

Police say ambulance personnel explained to the boy's mother how to care for his bleeding tongue.

The 1983 movie is set in a fictional city based on Hammond, the hometown of author Jean Shepherd.

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

BAHAHAH

that's awesome, I need to go do that to some other elementary kids when I go somewhere cold...

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The best part of this story is that it happened in the town the book and movie were based on. Otherwise I bet this happens a lot. I tried it when I was about 10 years old myself, though upon reflection (and lucky for me) the temp was probably just cold that day and not actually freezing.

4. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

Awesome! My dad grew up in Hammond, so that movie is a big part of my Christmas.

5. Brawlastator

Brawlastator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fifty bucks he goes blind from thoap poithoning in a week.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I just saw that on the local news... good lord. 10 degrees out, and the kid just had to lick a f***ing metal pole?

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I did this too, except on a chain link fence and I was in 8th grade. yes, I was that kid. I ripped my tongue off of the pole and the tip bled for about two hours. of which I had to take an earth science mid term. the trick to getting it off (I think, in retrospect) would be to get enough spit out there to thaw it out where it freezes.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hammond tradition