I told myself NO TF ANIMATED figures.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bluestreak76, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Im 32, I've been collecting the Classics series cause its a nice update to G1. I recently watched both seasons of TF Animated on youtube. It was kinda goofy BUT it grew on me, especially Bulkhead. But I said okay your 32 you dont need all of them lets stick with the classics only.....So here I was at Wal-Mart today and they were having a halloween sale on the larger TF and I spot 1 Animated Grimlock....

I now own Animated Grimlock, he was on sale for $14.99 and I really like his character on the show.

So much for not getting into Animated Series. IDK if hes rare or not but hes a decent figure.

2. Incesticon

Incesticon Beet Gugal

I told myself the same thing. Now I'm selling off some G1's to make more shelf space.

3. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

you will probably find you might end up with the rest of the dinobots, then maybe soundwave, then you might decide to get the core cast of the series then BOOM your none animated collection is nearly complete. i was almost in the same mind about collecting the series. it only really takes one to go downhill with this series i think.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a good line of toys but IMO isn't quite as good as universe. Grimlock, IMO, happens to be the best of them so far, though leader Megatron and Ultra Magnus are up there to.

5. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are good toys but I sold all of mine, they just don't fit into my collection.

6. Bluestreak76

Bluestreak76 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was eyeing the Blackarachnia & Soundwave at Target after I was at Wal-Mart and then I saw the Leader Megatron and Ultra Magnus on HTS ; ;.

I was NOT impressed with the Huge version of Bulkhead. All that extra crap tacked on wasnt that cool.....the regular one maybe stumpy according to the youtube reviews but it sure is more accurate......which I think I will get.

32 years old and im buying TF... ROFL

7. Incesticon

Incesticon Beet Gugal

Tell me about it! I say go with that mid-life crisis! And pick up Black Arachnia, it's actually a really cool toy.

8. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

yeah, I said the only one I wanted was Grimlock cause it's a new mold, then I ended up with snarl and swoop. then some of the others, now I got a most of them. my faves of the line are Grimlock, leader Megs, and Prowl. I'll be getting the activator Grimlock and Megs probably too.

9. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

I think that over all the animated series has more quality figures than Classics, but classics has the real G1 characters. So it's almost a toss up. But on toy quality alone, I gotta go with Animated.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've been kind of the opposite actually. At one point I was planning on being a completest with the line, and now I only plan on getting a total of sixteen figures, seven of which I've already purchased. I'm also putting them with the Universe sections of my collection, instead of on their own.

11. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    As someone who's owned both Leader and Voyager Bulkhead, I've gotta say; if it's a choice, go with Leader. It's true that the missiles, turret and buzzsaw seem a little superfluous, but the detailing and sculpting on the Leader is much more show-accurate, particularly the feet, the chest, the head and the shoulder kibble. Most importantly, though, I cannot emphasise how much better Leader Bulkhead looks scale-wise; Voyager Bulkhead might look OK as a figure on his own, but if you're planning to display him with any other Animated figures he looks absurdly tiny, which really devalues him as a representation of a character defined by his hulking size. I sold my Voyager Bulkhead when I got Leader, and though he was a decent enough figure, the only thing I miss about him is the wrecking-ball gimmick; Leader Bulkhead is overall just a far superior representation of that character, and is absolutely the one I'd recommend to a self-confessed fan of his.

Oh, and the Headmaster accessory is very fun. :) 

12. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'm just a year younger and I said the SAME thing. I bought the Season One DVD (and was pissed that it didn't come with the three pilot episodes) and enjoyed it. Still, I just couldn't bring myself to get animated toys.

Then I got Bumblebee in the Wal-mart 3-pack. Then the Prime/Megatron Box and they can't just be all alone up there among a ton of movie/g1/classics toys.

C'est la vie. Animated Toy Series: YOU WIN.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I told myself the same thing. No Animated toys....then I bought most of them...but I think I'm back to no. I'll keep a few pieces like the dinobots but I think the rest will have to go.

14. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    <is 29. You're only as young as you want to be.

You're doing yourself a disservice by only buying Universe. I love Universe and it's throw backs to my golden years but I love Animated for just the same reasons.

15. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I told myself the same thing until I got the Legacy of Bumblebee set. Then I say Blitzwing and Grimlock. Lucky for me I found out my wife and I have a baby on the way so now everytime I feel the urge I think baby and I can go on my way with just a minor twitch.

16. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Just get em all. I did and enjoyed every minute of it. Now Bring on Omega Supreme.

17. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I was the same way kind of. First I said I just want Jazz cause he is my favorite character. Then I saw soundwave and he looked cool so I got him. Then I saw Blitzwing and knew he was a must. When I finally saw him in store I went nuts and bought a whole bunch.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I told myself only a few Animated toys at first. Maybe the core Autobots and a Decepticon or two. Then I got my first figure - Bulkhead - and absolutely fell in love.

So I told myself main regular characters only - the core 'bots and 'cons, maybe one or two side characters. Then I got Grimlock and had to get the rest of the Dinobots. And then I got Soundwave and it changed to "okay, show characters only. Not on screen, not on my shelf."

Then yesterday I was bored, tired of being unable to find Magnus (who, as it so happens, I actually found today), and Oil Slick looked all nice and tempting... :cry 

(seriously, though, get Oil Slick, he is freaking amazing - possibly my favorite Animated deluxe, definitely the best deluxe Decepticon).

19. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only major TFA figures that are out I don't own are:
    -a good chunk of the activators
    -Blackarachnia
    -Lockdown
    -Oil Slick
    -Battle Begins Two Pack
    -Voyager C. Megatron
    -Skywarp
    -ROC Prime
    -that oversized Bumblebee
    -Any of the Bumper Battlers.
    -Elite Guard Bumblebee

20. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I was the opposite. I was totally enamored with Animated when it came out... prowl and Lockdown were my first two, followed by Bumblebee and Ratchet, then Lugnut, Starscream, voyager Bulkhead and voyager Megatron.

All very cool toys, yes, but since the show's stopped (for the time being) and Universe is out and has picked up, I've just about completely lost interest. Kinda makes me sad. :(  The show and the toys are lots of fun, but it just doesn't have the draw anymore. maybe when the show picks up again. I DO want to get an Optimus Prime still, though... just which do I want to get to pair up with my megatron? Deluxe (Cybertronian) would be most appropriate, but that Voyager looks REALLY cool. Course, I have yet to see one at retail.

I think I'm going to get the main cast (maybe Jazz, too) and call it good.