I think X Men vs Vampires might be really cool.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SentinelPrime, Jun 11, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    *shuffles nervously, looking around the room of people staring at him.

"Hi. My name is Sentinel Prime and I...I...think bringing vampires into the mutant universe could be really cool."

Ok, yeah, so, kidding aside....and I know that I'm likely not going to find many supporters, but hear me out....bringing in a full on Vampire war against the mutants could really be cool, if they can pull it off without being cheesy. Wait...stop right there. Yes, it CAN be cool. Here's why, just for the overall concept itself:

There's only so many times you can read Evil Mutants vs Good Mutants, Humans vs Mutants, Sentinels vs Mutants, Good Mutants vs Good Mutants Vaccine vs Mutants and Space Drama Mutants in Space. Every now and then, some one will forget their meds and write something like the Seige Perilous stories, or create something like Maggot, but really, it's just a combination of any of those things.

So, to be able actually bring in a new, clear, evil, persistent enemy, with abilities, that can actually be a threat to the X Men, and it doesn't involve ANY of those ideas above, well, I'm interested. Its seems like a really good, easy way to have new Mutant Super Villains without them being...."Super Villains".

Vampires aren't new. In fact, it could simply be editorial dictating this to seem hip to the Twilight tweens. BUT...I don't know...focused, lethal vampires fighting mutants in the streets in a life and death scenario....I like it. Not wussy pouty emo vampires, Arse Kicking violent, ability-having predators.

There's all kinds of genetic fun to be had, I'm sure...vampires mutating, or comparing the Mutant DNA to Vampires...maybe there's some connection.

I'm sick of most of the story lines from the past few years, having a fresh, new, evil, focused threat sounds good to me.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

There are already plenty of vampires in the Marvel comics. Just pick up any Blade comic. Heck, I'm sure some X-Men/Blade stories already exist. At the least, I would honestly be surprised if Blade hasn't been paired up with Wolverine at one point or another.

3. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Ok, great, but it seems like they are making a full on, unified war on mutants; not just a couple of issues with a guest appearance, but a new facet to the gene war as a new bonafide official "enemy" to the X Men.

Maybe it's been done and I've missed it, but I don't think I've seen any mutant stories bringing in vampires as such a major, "official" enemy instead of say, a new team of "evil mutants".

4. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    I feel its too early for another vampire story arc, we just had them destroyed in Captain Britain and MI 13.

5. E. C. R. Former

It could certainly work. I'm just saying that there are already plenty of viable vampiric characters in the Marvel Comics that this could work with: Morbius, the Legion of the Dead, the Nosferatu, Baron Blood, Deacon Frost, Varnae, even Count Dracula himself.

In fact, according to Comic Book Resources, Blade is actually scheduled to join up with the X-Men. So it looks like your wish just might come true.

There won't be any actual connection between "mutations" and "vampirism" however. In the Marvel universe, Vampires have their origin in the supernatural, having been created by Atlantean sorcerers. Mutations on the other hand are caused by the X gene and are essentially the next stage of human evolution.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    How about we have Deadpool tangle with (and exterminate) a bunch of vampires who are parodies of the Twilight characters?

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    But that would take two panels....

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Been done there is an old Claremont arc vs Dracula. It'll be all hype and no story, just like almost all the other marvel recent events. I'm not falling for it again. If it turns out well I can pick up the trade. In the mean time my money is safer in my pocket

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm just glad they are finally bringing Jubilee back to the X-books.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    X-Men with Blade joining them for fighting against Vampires would be cool! But I want him to be like in the first Blade movie!

11. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

This sounds allot more likely to me, they probably just needed a popular hook to buff the sales on the new ongoing because they coulden't get a bankable writer on the book.

Welcome to the road to recovery BTW, breaking the buying habit and tradewaiting are the first two steps.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

But it would be an awesome two panels.

As for X-Men vs Vampires, I have this old "X-men Alert" board game from like the mid 90s, and one of the villain cards in it is Dracula himself. Suffice to say, this isn't the first time mutants and vamps crossed paths. :lol 

13. lifedragon99

lifedragon99 Well-Known Member

The x-gene isn't a result of human evolution it is a result of the Celestials experimenting on humans over a million years ago.

14. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I that that was from the Earth-X time-line, which isn't 616-canon?

15. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Make it Vampire Savior and I'm down.

16. E. C. R. Former

Even with that they're still considered the next stage of evolution.

17. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

The cutesy good guy vampires of late have been pissing me off lately. I am seriously looking forward to seeing Edward getting Optic-blasted through a brick wall.

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

No.

Why?

It would be Marvel Zombies all over again

19. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

lol...prelude to "Marvel Vampires"

then after that "Marvel Werewolves"

then "Marvel Twilight" lololol

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    about time someone mentioned "Marvel Zombies".

i don't want the X-People becoming like Angel or Buffy, who are just Scoobies with a hipper, edgier tone.

wouldn't mind a twisted form of a limited series. like where Apocalypse has his victory, but his new enemies are worse than the X-Men. vampires. and to really gunk the works, a few (thousand) of them are like Blade. Daywalkers.

just something off the beaten path and where the villain gets a nasty taste of justice.