I think they needed a scene similiar to the Robot Hiding scene in the first one

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 24, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    All the humor from the 1st one seemed to come from the Twins acting obnoxious and some humping scenes between animals and robot/human.

But I think scenes like the hiding at Sam's house was absolutely brilliant because it was funny and it also showcased how robots would look like or act in human environments. It was very amusing.

However, in ROTF, the only type of robot interaction we are treated to is robot violence. And robots interacting with each other.

But the physical comedy between robots interacting with human environments is gone. I kind of wished they had a scene like that in ROTF. Although I do love the robot violence, it is nice to just laugh at scenes of robots doing things. And not just laughing at crude dialogue. Whether the crude dialogue is spoken by a robot or a human, it is still crude dialogue and the result is still the same. But when I saw robots hiding around a house, it was hysterical because like Steven Spielberg said in the DVD commentary "I have never seen robots do anything like this before".

Maybe because have already been introduced, it would be hard to write a scene like that but Transformers was not always about robots fighting. Yes the focus was the conflict between good and bad but there have been other types of situations which made Transformers fun to watch. It would've been nice to see a scene like that.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The robot hiding scene was one of the worst scenes in the first movie. Whats missing was the sequels version of the observatory scene. We never get to see the autobots alone and just being themselves. God imagine if you saw all the autobots sitting in the hanger actually dealing with primes death. Telling old war stories while mudflap and skids stare in awe. No instead they take direction for most of the movie

3. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Yeah something like that would work. Anything with just robots and robots having a moment together instead of 2 jive talking robots trying to one-up each other with wise cracks all the time

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can't say I enjoyed the Autobot hiding scene myself. It went on for far too long and showed the Autobots to be morons that couldn't understand simple instructions to keep out of sight and to be careful in their surroundings. Definitely the observatory scene is a much better one to be replicated in some way and show the Autobots at their casual best.