I think that it's safe to assume...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, May 26, 2009.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

That everything MB has said about Arcee is wrong. He has referred to her as both a single character and a combiner, but this new Skids & Mikaela HA toy has a packaged "Arcee" with it. The same red robot we saw with the leaked Wal-Mart photos is apparently the "Arcee" in the box.

Also he said that she has nothing to do with Megan Fox in the movie. Well a) she works in a bike repair shop Arcee would be in perfect cover to sneak in and talk to her/give her an update/take her to Sam or the Autobot team who goes to Sam, and b) she can ride Arcee in the HA toy. Why would she be able to ride a HA if she has no interaction with them in the movie? We all know BB and Sam have (or had) a good relationship, Ironhide and Sideswipe seem to work closely with the military on this one (Lennox and Epps although Ironhide & Lennox hasn't been confirmed). Mikaela will be around Sam who will be around BB who will be babysitting the Twins in the movie it seems (they are always around him). I would love to see Jetfire and Simmons but the scale would be horrible. But back on point, HA figures interact in and out of movie.

Lastly, with his interview with that whoever he said that he killed off Arcee in the movie with no emotion attached to it. Arcee has a pretty big fanbase and killing her would be like killing who they killed in movie 1 (Curse you JAZZ!!!!). Also MB has been trying to keep EVERYTHING under wraps up to what characters are even in the movie. Why would he try to hide someone like Scalpel or Megatron coming back if he will openly discuss who gets killed. Plus there is the way that he was acting while saying it.

I assume that Arcee is a humongous mystery that we will know NOTHING about until June 24.

2. Lionsgate

Lionsgate Well-Known Member

While I don't think Arcee dies, I still think she will have a very small part in this movie. This new toy does lead me to think otherwise. From everything we've seen and read Arcee is only in the beginning of the movie, with a cameo maybe at one other point. What I don't understand is that Sideswipe is seen in other scenes in the movie, so why not Arcee? Surely she doesn't just dissapear after the beginning. In general I think it was dumb for them to have her be a combiner with 3 different entities. So if Mikaila rides Arcee, where are the other 2 bikes going to be? Just following her? I could live with 3 different girl TFs but the idea of Arcee splitting herself up into 3 is retarded and goes against the Arcee portrayed in the prequel comics.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have argued this before I saw all the rage in the Animated Arcee cancellation thread. I've always throught she was a pretty useless subsidiary character. The only characterization of her I've cared for was in the Botcon comic that featured her... where she was all angry and emo and whatnot.

If she ends up being awesome in the movie and gets killed off, that'll be a bummer. If she ends up being typical do-nothing Arcee and gets killed off, no biggie.

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    What Micheal Bay said was - He kill her later, not he WILL kill Arcee in Movie. So You can't say Micheal Bay lies, if Arcee survives the second movie.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Nobody wants her 'til they can't have her.

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    you'll be ignoring the comments from everyone who is going to see it on the 19th then?

7. Autobot_Wall-E

yeah I hate the idea of Arcee splitting into three separate entities. The other two girl bikes could be following her around and retain their holographic organic girl that we saw pics of earlier. I wonder... did they scan a random biker girl coming out of a bar? That would really suck for her to have three alien robot girls scan her with blinding light and take her ride too.

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    admittedly it isn't exactly a reliable source, but the comic shows the three bikebots at the end right before devastator combines. maybe they get sucked in and destreoyed by him before mudflap.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Don't confuse people's interest in her Animated toy with being a general love for her character overall. I, for example, loathe Arcee and wish she never existed in G1 or got slid into the Movie. However, I did like what they did with her in Animated since that's the one & only series where I think femmebots seem to fit.

I personally hope Bay is telling truth and that Arcee gets wiped out within 2 minutes of being on screen. Some people like her, yeah, but I don't think most care about her the way a few vocal members on forums make it look.

10. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Yeah !! But it would be hard not to think Bay hasn't see Arcee's attitude in the movie-verse comics (Especially in Reign of Starscream). The Movie-verse Arcee has become the one exception.

I don't think she will die, But I think she will probably get wounded (like Bumblebee in the first movie) in some way !!!

But I agree on one thing : There's a lot of secrecy around her !!!

I say we see her, MINIMUM ;4 to 6 times !! Maximum : 10 to 15 times !! All of them tag-team with Sideswipe !!

11. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

you know what | don't get is that there is all this secrecy on what she will look like when (or still if) she combines, as well as the name of the 3rd bike. If she is to be such a small role, why the hell are they keeping the info under lock and key. We have seen the movie adaptation comics, the novels, and yet nothing, who knows....

12. Autobot_Wall-E

:O SO SORRY! I was referring to American/Canadian Transformer fans. I am VERY SORRY I forgot that some get the movie earlier. Please forgive me but remember spoiler tags please. After reading the novel spoilers I vowed never to return to a thread marked Spoilers again but have gotten slightly spoiled by lacking Spoiler tags before.

13. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Demolisher will run her over in first 15 minutes of movie.

14. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    *Spoilers from the novel*

She combines in chapter one while chasing Sideways and is seen later on during the rescue of Sam from Megatron and The Doctor. However, being half way through the novel, it seems that she doesn't have a major role at all.

15. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, but remember that the novels do not always reflect every aspect of the movie.

X2 did not mention the death of Jean Grey

Superman Returns did not mention the parentage of Lois' son, a rather vital plot point to the theme of the movie, I might add.

The latter, I suspect, was done to keep it a surprise as there were still hints spread throughout the book that let me know that he WAS Superman's son, but nothing concrete, never came out and said it.

16. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    We know she's at Shanghai which at least partially confirms chapter one. I understand that things change and I have made that point myself on numerous occassions.

17. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i just hope all the deluxes combine...