I think Prime should do Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GWolfv2, Jul 3, 2011.

1. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about this. He's my fav transformer so I have a biased. But in all honesty, the Grimlock that most people love has never appeared on screen. And given the style of Prime, I think it's the perfect show to do him in. You could have him as an ancient transformer, similar to Skyquake or the result of project Chimera or something. I just think the dynamic of having this wild card factor is usually a good thing to have in the middle of the mostly unconflicted good guys

Just a thought

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I'd be for it if he had character development. As in no longer the powerful idiot like he was in G1, but as an powerful skilled and smart soldier.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing Grimlock appear in TFP. Have an episode featuring him, then a short while bring in the other Dynobots*. Could have the team stationed up North, patrolling the Polar regions. Report in to Optimus & Fowler now and again, show up when some heavy firepower is needed.

*I use Dynobot rather than Dinobot because I'm not sure how a group of robot dinosaurs could be implemented into Prime. Maybe keep them in vehicle forms, but have someone (Miko?) comment on the similarity in the names.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Dinobots being Mech's Chimera isn't half bad.

Grimlock should be a brillaintly cruel charecter like in the Marvel comics and after defeating him they reprogram him in a more calm collective and slightly lower intelligence but not goofy.

5. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Reckon it would be cool to have Grimmy n the other Dinobots in Prime; they would be given vehicle modes obviously, but you could still incorporate various dinosaur-esque elements into their robot modes..

6. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't see pulling off the Dinosaur forms as any kind of challenge. Any time he's been used, they've come up with a decently plausible reason. Given the quality of the Prime writers, I doubt they'd find justifying the rex mode particularly challenging

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    The thread title sounds like something robosexual.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

then pick a differant character cause then there is no point to take an established character and remove everything that makes him that character and then throw him in there.

I would say just callhim dinobot since that sounds like the character your looking for more so.

Personally myself I like the half witted intelligence behind a massive amount of power. That is an interesting variable. My take on Grimlock is that the difference between stupidity and insanity is very little. As I have batted around this idea for the movie verse, that if grimlock was shut off from contact for millions of years talking in the third person is not uncommon and maybe he is just crazy instead. That way you keep in line with the character but with out having to dumb it down or change him.

I think it would be great if Grimlock declared himself King Grimlock. Maybe something even more hilarious like he thinks he is the deserving ruler of the decepticons and is on a mission to replace megs. He just doesnt hate the autobots though

9. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS.

I've never heard of PrimeXGrimlock... and I hope to God that Rule 34 NEVER takes into effect.

10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I was confused enough by the same thought to start reading the thread :lol 

Having read the thread so far, I agree I'd LOVE to see Grimlock come into the Prime'verse and really be explored to his full potential. Within the young-demo whimsical-skew of Animated, I thought they did him a LOT of justice, but I'd love to see a darker grittier faction-agnostic Might-Makes-Right-With-Moral-Leanings Grimlock enter the fray to show how easily the line between "Heroic Autobots" and 'Evil Decepticons" can be blurred.

Given that this is more-or-less in Exodus continuity, Grimmy would provide a great opportunity to explore some of the themes from Exodus in the animation!

D/L

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just make him smart. Animated made the Dinobots out as play things for characters such as Meltdown, Black Arachnia. Give them some intelligence so that they can pursue their own desires, not puppets of another character.

12. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

It's going to be very difficult for the writers to have giant robot dinosaurs walking around Nevada, and I'm sure the tardrage would be endless if they gave them actual vehicle modes.
    No thanks.

13. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind seeing him and the others, but wait til season 2 or 3.

14. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Looked at the thread title and was like "WTF"?

IDK if it's the best thread title ever or the worst? I'm going with the worst.

15. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just don't see how it could be worse than a giant alien robot spider

to me the dinobots would need to be kind of triple-changers or dino to vehicle

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'm overjoyed that I'm not the only one who noticed the title.

I still think the IDW Dynobots made for a fantastic and logical backstory for the Dinobots. If they were to be in Prime, I'd want a backstory similar to that.

17. Sockie

Sockie News Staff

News Credits:
    Grimlock's HoF profile mentions that Shockwave conducted experiments on him and the rest of the "Lightning Strike Coalition Force," reformatting them into the Dinobots. Assuming these profiles are based in the Aligned continuity, this might be the origin they go for.

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    I noticed it too. :p 

19. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    This is the internet, eight of them are being uploaded as I type this.

20. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The difference with Airachnid is that she has an alt mode, and she's only a spider when she can afford to be a robot (that being in the forest).
    And I don't think triple-changers are a bad idea.