I think my wife may kill me

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I have gotten to the point where my collection is bigger then the storage I have for it.

The problem I have is that I think my wife may kill me. I need to get at least 1 more detolf (3 in total) and 1 more Billy cabinet at least (2 total). When that is all up, it will cover at least 1 wall in our office. I cannot wait to see what she says. LOL.

Here is the room in question. I think the wall is pretty much eaten up anyway, so how much worse can she really get upset?

[​IMG]

Has this been happening to others as well?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not married so no wife to worry about but I am running out of room. I really need to get my ass in gear and sell off my movie 1 and 2 stuff.

Are you collecting Prime figures? If so your collection is going to swell quickly in the next year or two lol

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes, actually I am in the same dilemma, but I don't have my own house yet. So under my parent's I have pretty much 2 large glass cabinets in the basement, and my (very tiny) room. I have been "dissolving" my new arrivals into these cabinets, but its getting to the point where every TF is molesting each other if you look at how close they are packed.

I need another case. But yes, I will get killed if I get one. So I am frantically trying to sell off things that I absolutely don't need in hopes of making more space but with the illusion of "I am not really buying much"

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That happened to my collection ages ago. As long as you can find a way of storing the figures neatly so that they don't create a mess then you should be fine.

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I feel ya A77... MOST of my tfs are in storage bins in my man cave and I get different things out at different times, enjoying them in small doses. But that's mostly because I'm still building my own shelves (screw buying them when you got material and skills!) when it's not fricking raining. Which lately is not very often. :( 

6. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

Bring on the sales thread man.

7. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I won't post pictures in fear of being called a "hoarder" again but I had a 10x20 storage unit for about 8 years chalk full of TF/SW/Joes/LEGO which now resides in two bedrooms in my new house. Been about 8 months now and sadly I've made little progress trying to get everything set up. Hard enough trying to fix up the house, but winter is here so I should have plenty of time. 2 Detlofs ain't cutting it.

Oh and no wifey so I'm ok there...for now

8. Ultra Brevis

Ultra Brevis State-employed peace-keeping agent, yes???

I have to confess that all my classics are concealed in the attic. I am relying on the traditional male/female domestic task division being maintained in our house.

The day she decides she wants to have a root in the attic, I'm doomed.

She is already encouraging me to move the G1 collection out of the case in the living room, and preferably, as far as she is concerned, onto ebay.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am collecting the following lines at the moment:
    - G1 (very limited, not going down the whole G1 route as there are too many to get. So I have like 11 or so G1 figures that I mix in with classics (I know, the horror!)
    - Classics
    - MP/Alternators/BT/Alternity/IGear PP line
    - Prime
    - WFC

- WFC and Prime get their own small shelf for the time being, seeing as they are so small.
    - MP Line will get the 3 detolfs
    - Classics get the 2 Billys

So unfortunately I have nothing that I want to sell. I love all my babies. The other problem I have is that I like to give them breathing room.

The good thing is that we are looking for a new house. If we get one, the finished basement will be mine. ALL MINE, ALL MINE I Say. And my sons of course.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i fear this may be my future ...

i think i saw something on Tv how japan has places where collectors can store AND display their belongs for everyone to see ... some people even have whole floors ...

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I know exactly how you feel. Before I sold nearly everything, I had close to 800 TFs. I kept everything, packaging, twisties, you name it. 3/4 of my collection was stored away in boxes and it came to the point where I didn't have any storage space left.

Even worse, my toy room became the baby's room when my wife got pregnant, so I had no place to store the stuff. Sure, I could have rented a small storage locker, but at that time in my life, my priority was my family, so I sold all of my collection.

Fast forward 3 years - we've got a house, I've got a mancave. Started collecting again, but am no longer a completist. Currently, I have about 70 TFs in one Detolf case.

In the past couple of years, I figured that I still loved TFs very much and that being a completist/borderline hoarder was not a good thing and I got fed up of collecting, as I didn't enjoy it anymore. It's quality over quantity now and I am loving t!

But I digress.

How big is your collection?
    *edit* just saw your post, so I'd assume you've got about 200-300? Maybe more?

12. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is so bad at my house that all my wife is getting me for Christmas are display cases for "my son's" die-cast Cars collection. Then I will have some room to display "his" Transformers.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Alucard your Prime and WFC collection are going to ballon. Supposedly from what I gather here FOC is going to be a much larger line that WFC was. And Prime is Prime, I hope that lin scores close to 100 figure and is a very large, character rich line.

MPs? Well have fun, Takara has up to 15 planned and from the sounds of it they are all must haves. You may skip on the seekers though. Add to this Sounwave, Blaster, and if sales are strong Shockwave. Your MPs are going to grow to.

Heck I can go on and on but you get the picture. If you think you are in trouble now, wait a couple of years. lol

I will shoot you off a pm about G1s.

14. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Her collection is growing as quickly as mine, if not faster. We're trying to limit the ones on display for the sake of space, but I do believe it's time to invest in another storage bin until we move to a bigger place.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    At last count, I think I was close to 150 or so. Maybe I should be worried. That is in the last year!

16. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My wife don't really have a problem with my collecting as long as it all stays in my "office". I've got 2 walls completely covered in shelves but a BIG chunk of my stuff is in plastic totes, I'm planning on getting rid of just about anything that's not a Seeker, G1, Classics, or Animated.

It helps that my wife has her own office in out house, so I can do whatever I want in my Nerd-Cave....ohhh I NEED to get a Need Cave sign to put on my office door!...BLUE SCROLLING LEDs...I'm on a tangent now but you get the gist.

17. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I had to take down a Billy shelf worth of figures because we combined offices a few weeks ago. I put everything into one giant tote and then stored it in the shed. I've got three large totes full of figures, and another three full of boxes which I'll end up condensing even further. Still with that and my other stuff I've collected over the years, I've got a shed of plastic totes. I Tetris them so hard, you'd think I was Russian.

18. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

This is the same situation as me for the most part. Luckily my fiancee does not care for now...

19. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my wife is gonna kill me when she opens the storage bins tucked in the storage room in the basement!! I think I need to sell off my Movie 2/HFD figures.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I ran out of room a long time ago I now live in the Transformers house - I'm their Lodger.