I think its time for no humans and a prequel story for TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Jan 13, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So weve all seen this quote from Don Murphy "I don't know what happens next but another trilogy. I'm sure it will kick ass and I'm pretty sure some of you will hate it because it wasn't all the bots." " seriously? why can we not have a all robot movie? I guess this rules out a war for cybertron movie but come on from what we saw of cybertron in DOTM bay did it quite well and I wanna see more of that. Whats their excuse for not excluding humans in the next film do they think its going to be unrelatable or something or people wont be interested if theirs just giant robots on screen?

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Too expensive.
    No Product Placement
    No on screan actors
    General public won't see it.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    as i before, NO PREQUELS, the tie in prequels we have are already enough

if you want stories on cybertron then go and buy the Tie in prequels for all movies

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Major LOL at anyone who thinks the general public won't go to see a TF film with no humans in it, or that such a film would be 'unrelatable to the audience'. There were virtually no humans in Finding Nemo; did the audiences have any trouble relating to the characters in that one, much less refuse to see the film?

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because it couldn't be live action. It'd need to be animated, and making an animated movie with that level of CGI and action is gonna be fuckloads expensive.

6. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Shooting a live action all robot movie on Cybertron is impossible. What the heck would they even be able to film? It would be entirely green screen. If they did that they'd have to make it a Pixaresque animated film.

Shooting real people and actual cars also saves money, and car company sponsorship means they're well supplied with vehicles.

And they need a named star to draw crowds. It pisses me off, but that's how Hollywood works. It's either that or get rid of the VA guys to bring in Celebrity VAs.

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd be all about Pixar doing a TF movie. Talk about getting the brand out there.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You are never going to see a Transformers movie without humans in it. Get used to the idea.

Finding Nemo was a cartoon. Aimed at children and the parents who took them to the theater. That isn't the way Paramount wants to position their TF movies. I'd also suggest that Pixar is the exception that proves the rule.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Pretty much the bankrupting of Paramount to do a prequel movie with the same CGI standards of the live action films so far. No way they would ever have the budget to do it and it would take years and years to film because the bots eat up a lot of the computers at ILM just to get what we have each movie so far. Even making Avatar money it's not profitable once you figure the budget, advertising and all the other expenses in the movie business.

As to human you just have to learn to live with humans because they are what draws that line between Autobots and Decepticons. Decepticons don't give a crap about humanity and see them as insects in the way, Autobots like humans and will valiantly fight to protect the humans. Might as well wish for a Superman movie without any normal humans in it.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Finding Nemo was a great live action movie.

It won't happen because it will be a dramatic shift in terms of real-life / effects balance from the previous films, and the powers that be are almost certainly more likely to place there bets on a forumla that has brought success in the past.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

The biggest problem I'd see with this idea is trying to pitch it to a studio. Most fully animated theatrical films these days are made with the idea of a family/child targeted audience. This would not be want I think a lot of TF fans would really have in mind.
    The last time I can think of an animated film that was PG-13 was Final Fantasy: the spirits within. And that didn't really turn out all that well. Which is probably why you don't see PG-13 animated films.

Also, I think the whole pitch for the live action TF films was the spectacle of seeing actual real life vehicles turn into robots that fight one another.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, he didn't specify that the human-less TF film had to be a live-action movie. It could just be a very realistic-looking CGI film, along the lines of Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

13. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Advent Children was a great mass theatrical release in north america.

I exaggerate, but yeah, I have trouble imagining the resources the first three films had devoted to them would be assigned to a film with no human cast or real-life settings. I could, however, see it done as a tie-in featurette or direct-to-dvd movie or even an online webisode series or something.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

That does seem a lot more probable.

15. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Nachtsider, surely you're not so far gone that you don't understand the appeal of Finding Nemo versus the appeal of Transformers from a general audience standpoint. Say it ain't so!

16. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I'm not following the idea. Are you suggesting that a tie-in featurette, ddvd or webisode of movie quality with no humans is possible? If so, I don't see the point of putting all of those resources into something so relatively minor.

17. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yes, I think that it is more likely resources would be allotted to webisodes or a d2dvd video set as a prequel. This would likely be a lot less than would be assigned to a theatrical release.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

DC and Marvel have had some success with direct to video cartoons that are linked somehow to their live action films. Something like that might work for a Transformers prequel since the budget would be far lower than live action and it could be marketed around the time of something like the next live action film.

If it's anything like the Marvel and DC direct to video stuff it might a good chance to explore some Transformers mythology that's too deep for the general public or characters that just wouldn't work very well in a live action feature film.

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :lol 

20. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

This. And that would just be a load of fanwank if you ask me.