I think I see what happened now to registration

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Coinhound, May 19, 2010.

1. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    for Botcon. Seeing how the registration site was seperate from transformersclub.com all info from said club was migrated since I think info could not be transferred all at the same time. The shirt deal was already in place in registration to see how many features could be integrated into it. Reason now non-attendees registration needed to be seperate I have no clue. This is the sole reason I think eventman should be shelved and another online registration be made available instead.

CH

2. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think they seperate attending from non-attending cause we only have 37 days until the start of botcon. Yes I count the 23 as the start of the show cause u have the tour and custom class. This way everyone that is 100% sure they are going could registrated. Hopefully all they have to due for furtune botcon shows is update the stsyem with that years information and we will never have another close call, like trhis year

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I also see the one week delay of non-attendee as a measure of keeping the sets from selling out before people actually going get a chance to register. Let all the actual attendees get in first, then the non attendees can buy the leftovers.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly. Makes perfect sense.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. And as much as I think it's nice that they even offer a regular non-attendee package, I don't think it's something that people should feel entitled to. These are the convention toy packages after all, and if it became necessary, they SHOULD all end up going to attendees. They pump a lot more life-money into the convention overall and are the ones who assure it keeps happening.

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Yup. I don't mind leftovers being offered up to non-attendees, but only after the show. It's a crime if someone goes to the show, but can't buy the exclusives because they are reserved for someone sitting at home.

And I don't want to hear about fairness for "club members" who can't go. These are Botcon Exclusives. There are seperate Club Exclusives.

7. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Totally agreed. They're called "Convention figures" for a reason.
    -G