i think i have a problem...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, Hasbro/Takara have released the 96 dinobot mold 9 times...

and i own 8 of them! wtf... granted, some of them are remolds, so that's cool... Thrustor is an amazing remold, so he's definitely sticking around, but do i really need 3 Dinobots? i've got the 96, Fox Kids, and the 10th anniversary... i've got 2 Grimlocks (BW and Armada) and 2 Dinotrons/Hardheads (BM and BWN) and that's just the beginning...

Waspinator, Cheetor, Rhinox, a TON of Transmetals... all bought because they were repaints...

I've been going through my collection to pull stuff out for a TF Swap meet at my LCS and just realized i've got so much stuff... at one point, I wanted every american release BW, but now its time to break up that nonsense... I'll still have every mold, including BWN and BW2, i just don't need multiples of the same character, right?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Sounds like you want to complete your Dinobot collection, so I'd say go for it! Do you have any of the WST Dinobots? Their awesome! My favorite is WST Swoop.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    You gotta collect what you want man. Clearly you have some second thoughts on your figures, so sell a few you can part with and continue collecting what you REALLY enjoy.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Wait, what?...No!

The man is saying he is trying to get rid of all the doubles in his collection and you reply by encouraging him to get more? :lol 

I don't really see the need for all different variations either, to be honest..some repaints, sure..love them..but it looks like you don't really care to complete the collection anyway. I'd say get rid of the variations that have almost no differences first, then *maybe* some of the repaints if you still feel you have too much.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Collect what you want, sell off what you don't want. I mean, we can't make the decision for you, but if you are having doubts and you really don't dig it anymore, why not sell them? If you are unsure about selling them, why not keep them for now? I mean... what can we suggest? nothing that you don't already know =)

6. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

i'm actually about 2-3 figures away from completing my dinobot/dinobot mold collection... i have about a dozen now. if you love the character why not

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Dude I have 13 movie Bumblebees, and 8 of those are deluxes.

8. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Oops, sorry I didn't catch that part! :) 

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    When a collection is in it's infancy a collector needs to have as many toy's as he can get. But as we tend to have more and more, we realize that one of each mold may be all you need. I am hitting the point of having too many, and wouldn't mind purging a few.

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The only problem is that you don't have the 9th.

11. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that's exactly it... back when i first started, beast wars was my favorite thing... and i still love it, but the desire to have EVERYTHING just isn't there anymore... especially when its the exact same character... i'm all for duplicates when they're different characters like the Seekers, or the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mold...

and like i said, it was fun to go through and get every american BW release, but now i just don't think i need them all... I'll keep 10th Dinobot, Thrustor, and BM Dinotron... cuz they're all at least different... the 2 grimlocks i'll have to sort out... depends on what else i decide to keep... cuz if i keep each character once, i'll need BW Grimlock... but if i decide to just focus on show characters, he'll get dumped...

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    you stop that... i don't need it... :) 

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes you do :wink: 

No but on a serious note if there is a figure or set of figures you really enjoy there is nothing like completing the set it makes for a real nice display and always makes me feel real good about it.

14. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Woah, back up. You said you own 8 remolds of the Dinobots?
    Or did I read that wrong?

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Ohh, you need it. Just to post a picture of all of them in the cool things thread. You need it.

YOU NEED IT!

16. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    since he said beast wars I assume he's talking about the character dinobot not the dinobots

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    DINOBOT... heroic warrior from BW... i've got Dinobot 96, Fox Kids Dinobot, 10th Dinobot, Thrustor(BW2), Dinotron (BM), Hardhead (BW2), Grimlock (BW), and Grimlock (Armada)

and Sydney, i probably should do one big group shot before i start to sell some off... but since i'm looking at selling some next weekend that might be real hard... but I could do the dinobots at least...

i do have all 5 g1 Dinobots as well, but only one of each... except Slag... his g2 version is still hanging out... cuz I love me some Triceratops... I've got every version of the of the Triceradon mold, including Killerpunch and Guiledart... but those are definitely not getting sold... I need to take a big massive dinosaur collection picture...

18. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Keep all the Dinobots, man. People go ballistic when anyone (cough cough) says anything negative about him. If you liked him enough to buy him eight times, I'd say you're a fan. I'd say sell some other characters and keep all of that bitch ass Dinobot... (just kidding, I really don't need a BW lecture right now).

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i do like Dinobot, but i'm not a fanatic about him... he was just a character who i picked on... I've got just as many Waspinators, and Cheetors, and other characters who were repainted a number of times...

20. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Finish the Collection!!!

I say try to complete the whole american beast wars figs if possible.