I think I got ripped off on an Abominus Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by vnutz, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    On behalf of ******s everywhere...I resent that comparison.

2. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    This is the response from the seller:

The item was stated as USED and any question should have been asked prior to end of auction as stated in the listing.. the fact that you say the items are in good condition and I said near mint condition is irrelevant and subjective.. other than the stickers being applied there was nothing wrong with the figures when I shipped them.. I stated in the listing the figures had the stickers applied as well.. The styrofoam and box were in great shape and complete for what is expected of a 20 year old item... the scotch tape (which is easily removed), once secured paper to the styrofoam so that the figures did not move during previous shipping..I have a strict 7 day return policy posted on my auction.. in addition I immediately asked you to return the itmes initially when you weren't happy... I have customers that I have to pay, and the agreement I have with them is 7 days after shipment is recieved by the buyer. Not all the items I sell are my own, some belong to other people... I can only refund 100% of your cost if the item is returned by this monday.. it is your perogative to contact Ebay Safe Harbor and Paypal.. but if this is done I will not be able to honor my 10% Customer Service Courtesy Credit.. Thanks and I hope we can work this out, Anthony

Needless to say I am very upset. He has asked me to overnight the item to him. I am not willing to do that just to meet his "policy." the fact that the toy is 20 years old does not mean this poor quality equals "great condition."

"high-tek" is the ebay seller in question. please avoid at all costs.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...I'd be launching an eBay dispute about this by now, man.

4. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    i was hoping to settle it between me and him. if we don't settle it I will notify paypal and ebay.

most likely i'm losing money regardless. i guess i should only trust detailed pictures. i even emailed him during the auction about the box...

5. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Screw him. File a complaint with Paypal. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago. I bought an old school Nintendo on eBay. When I got it, it didn't work. The seller said he'd refund my money but he'd have to subtract shipping, and his eBay fees. I'd basically end up with nothing. I told him it was unacceptable and filed a Paypal claim. Paypal told me to send the item back to him and provide a tracking number. I entered the tracking info on Paypals site and two days later They gave me back 100% of my money. There is a category for "significantly not as described items".