I think I got ripped off on an Abominus Giftset

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by vnutz, Jul 9, 2007.

1. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130127361007&rd=1&rd=1

This is used with all Original Parts in near Mint Condition. Original Packaging and Styrofoam still n Great shape.

[​IMG]

That is the part of the description I believe was in accurate. Look at the auction and take a look at the actual piece I received today. I have already emailed the seller saying I was upset.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can't even see the tape on every window on the front that clearly from the picture. The picture showed the giftset with a perfectly straight flap as well.

2. skyywelker

skyywelker Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would try emailing the guy, he has 100% feedback so maybe he will give you a partial refund because it seems inaccurate to me as well.

3. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    The pictures and his description were very misleading.

4. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think the box is in what would qualify as "great" shape. The styrofoam is in horrendous condition. I'm getting pissed and mad just looking at it. It looks like it's held together with band-aids. I'd definately ask for a whole or partial refund. There's no old auctions to compare it too, but there is this beauty that ends in a few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-G1-D-84-MIB-TERRORCONS-ABOMINUS-D-84-C8-5_W0QQitemZ230150394319QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4694QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Loose complete sells for about $100-$120. I would think the box and styrofoam in that condition would at most fetch $50-$60.

5. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ouch, that hurts. i'd be pissed too.

6. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

wow, hope you get some money back, that styro is horrible and the box is definitely not in "great" condition

7. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    It might have been a one time deal, but the guy selling that Abominus in this post sold me a Hydra and Buster gift set and told me the stickers were c-9 and the figures were in perfect condition. Then I got them and they only had the factory stickers on them and they were far from perfect. The other stickers were gone gone gone. One of the PowerMaster had a good amount of chrome wear as well. He did make good and gave me some money back, but if you are buying for the quality and not bang for the buck, then I'd be careful.

8. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    well it wasn't worth the $250 I paid. i'd have no problem paying $350 for a mint set. i'm a sucker for the combiner sets.

[​IMG]

this picture actually doesn't even show how bad the front is. each window has scotch tape on it. this piece is mangled. the toys aren't even in great shape. they are dirty looking.

9. skyywelker

skyywelker Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ya that's bullshit, there is nothing worse than waiting for the package and then it finally arrives, you get all excited, then you open it to find crap like this. I didn't realize the figures were bad too, and he said they were near mint. He does say he accepts refunds for 7 days though, I would take him up on it and see if he will cover shipping (not likely, but you never know).

10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i'd take the hit on shipping to get my money back. that thing looks like dogshit.

11. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    A mint Abominus goes for $400-$500 easily. I would have said you got your money's worth from looking at the box. But after seeing the foam, I would be pissed too. Bitch to the seller. Try to get some money back. Good luck.

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Complain to the fullest extent! If he won't refund you, file a claim.

13. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I have to agree with my good buddy Gnaw.

14. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

:thumb 

Seriously though, if I got that in the mail I'd probably be punching something/ someone right now.

15. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    i really was surprised as hell. the guy had decent feedback and the pictures seemed okay. i even asked him if the box was really in good condition through email. he confirmed with a yes, its still has its gloss and all this shit.

the auction is definitely misleading. pretty upsetting

16. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

since it seems like you'll be keeping the set, is the tape just holding in chunks of foam or covering holes?

if it's just holding loose foam you can use white glue to repair it, don't use superglue-it'll eat styrofoam and dissolve it.

if there are chunks missing you can use a expanding white foam to fill in the gaps and then sand the oversprays flush to the styro body.

or you can vacu-form over the top to make a male mold and fill it w/ expanding foam for "new" styro

17. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    i really didn't example the foam too well but it seems to be held together by the tape. he could have atleast used scotch tape..

if i do keep this set you might have to show me the way.

18. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Gnaw has the best advice here....contact the seller, compalin about it to him/her, if seller wont help you out, file a claim, get your loot back, and leave the seller a negative for being misleading

19. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    If you paid with Paypal. I would contact him through paypals dispute resolution center and ask for a refund. If he refuses, escalate it to a claim for the item being "significantly not as described".

20. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is in ROUGH shape. Is the seller a retard?