I tell ya, parents nowadays...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hook, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    ...should get bitchslapped for their massive fail in parenting.

Maybe it's just my neighborhood, but since when was it a good idea to let your 9-10 year-old kids play outside at freakin' 11 PM?

I've noticed that today's parents lack actual parenting skills and let their kids do what they please.

I can has nuke and burn the whole neighborhood down?

2. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

When I was a kid I wasn't outside, let alone up at 11 pm.

WTF is wrong with people today.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I love the 18yo parties that happen every weekend(last week there was 17 arrests at 2am)

The sad part is the parents throw them and supply the booze.

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, you have children playing in your neighbourhood? You never see kids playing in my neighbourhood... the street is just deserted, and I live in a good area too.

I remember back in the day there used to be this marauding hoard of kids running around all day. Nowadays you don't see anyone.

5. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I'm sorry... But with all this crap today, I'm HOPING for 2012 to happen. We, as a species, deserve it. But all the other animals deserve to live... Decisions, decisions.

6. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

My upstairs neighbor "parents" like that as well. He's been on welfare for about 3 or 4 years. He pisses around the house all day and right before the kids get home from school he take off like the Road Runner. These kids basically live by themselves. Protective sevices was called on them before, but they don't do anything. Sad thing is, most of these types of kids will grow up to be like their stupid parents. Or worse.

7. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    A thread full of "in my day", hyperbole, and a passing 2012 reference? You KNOW its gotta be TFW's General Discussion!

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Zing!

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    What is wrong with playing outside at 11 at night. Sure it is a little late, but back in the day it wouldn't be un heard of.

Sure they could be a little rowdy and the parents should curb that, but if they are having fun and not hurting anyone, why not.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Here, most people don´t have issue with that, people start drinking at 16/17. I had my first beer at that age.

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    You clearly don't have kids. Especially not a 9-month old baby whose sleep is disturbed by said rowdy kids.

12. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Its a school holiday in my area, not unusual for family gatherings to happen and for someone to light up the BBQ, kids tend to play where they can.

That being said I do agree parents are being more lax with their kids than in the past.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What's wrong with parents these days?

1) They don't know how to discipline their children
    2) They are overgrown adolescents who don't know anything about parenting
    3) They are too busy to spend quality time with their children
    4) They simply do not care what their children do

My parents and my brother all work for our school district, and I can't tell you the number of times I've heard stories regarding some of the kids -- and their parents -- that they deal with on a daily basis that just makes me disgusted with the way some of these modern parents are raising their children.

And I say some, because I am aware that there are members on these boards who have children and are good parents. I don't mean to offend any of the members who have children, but lately it just seems that I hear nothing but bad things about parents and their kids, it just irritates me... a little.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  14. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Yeah, parents these days aren't necessarily the parents we were used to back then. It pisses me off every time I see a mom buying an M-rated video game for their kid, thinking that no harm would be done to their child. If I could, I'd run up to the mother and yell at her for being a dumb, terrible parent.

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause it's not like I could have found 3 dozen kids at my elementary school in 1987 who's parents would let them watch the Nightmare on Elm street or Friday 13th movies. Oh wait.....

There has always been parents who don't what the fuck there doing. Even your own. And you'll could always be able to find ones who never learn. And you always will.

16. Autobot-Girl

Autobot-Girl is possibly insane

Hey, I'm 15 and I can see how horrible parenting is nowadays. My Mom would never let me do anything like that, and if she would, then I probably wouldn't do it myself. Urgh, just the other day when I was getting a haircut this woman was yelling at her kid for being bad (he was about 4) and told him that if he wasn't good then the police would show up and take him to jail. I mean really people.

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

My mom used that old chestnut from time to time.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Really? I have a 9 year old and a 7 Year old.

And I have had a 9 month old who was disturbed by rowdy kids and rowby neibours and rowdy dogs and even big trucks driving down the road.

I see the problem here. You are not mad at the young kids, or even their parents, you are pissed at anything that wakes your 9 month old.

...and I don't blaime you; You must be tired.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Back when I was a kid, my old man used to punish me when I did crap or was misbehaved (spanking or putting peper in my tongue everytime I swered). I don´t regret the way he raised, because in several things I more or less responsiblle.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

By the time I came around, parenting was already pretty well cocked up, but it does seem to be getting worse.

My "parents" (mom and stepfather) may have acted like a couple of degenerates themselves, but they were still hardcore disciplinarians when it came to myself and my brother.

These days, it just seems that people have given up. Not that society makes it any easier - as other parents are overly permissive or outright neglegent about their kids, it makes it that much harder for parents who are trying hard to do their job.