i sold my jungle bonecrusher...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by a-town, Apr 12, 2010.

1. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

guys, i just sold my jungle bonecrusher, MISB. then couple days later the guy who got the item texted me that one leg is damaged, with some tape to hold it in place. he told me to send me pics but he haven't.

is that even possible? i mean, i know i cant tell coz the toy was sealed. i already sold some loose items and buyers were satisfied. i just didnt expected to have problem on a MISB toy. what you guys think? tnx

2. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I'm sure there are plenty of stories about toys being broken in box.

It's also possible that he's just ham-fisted and broke the thing while dealing with the twisty ties.

I say wait for pics before deciding anything.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I once got a MOSC lot of all the figures from Battle of the Planets, but for some reason, even though they were all perfectly factory sealed, Keyop's arm had snapped right off.

It never really bothered me that much as Keyop is a twat anyway and I sold them on a few years later.

But it just shows these kind of things can happen.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, stuff like that happens... if you sold him the item as a MISB item, and he opened it and found out its broken, its not really your fault... especially since he's packed in vehicle mode so there's no way you coulda known... i'd say it just sucks for the buyer... and he should see if he can repair it... but definitely wait for pics before doing anything...

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this,....shit happens......unfortunately....same thing happend to me....MISB megabolt megatron...out of package.....face fell off and hip ball joint snapped.i was pissed but wasnt the sellers fault....was packaged and shipped nicely...just an unfortunate event :( 

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last year I traded for an Aveo Swerve that came MISBaggie and the legs were messed up. It was a QC issue and the trader offer to replace it with his other Swerve but I didn't take the offer since it was not his fault.

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I opened a ROTF Scalpel last year and it had a small piece of masking tape holding the inside of his chest in place where the pin had been driven in wrong and cracked the joint. So broken even though still sealed can happen.
    I believe it's part of Hasbro's new line of pre-broken TF figures.

Either way, if it was sealed then it's not your fault as you didn't know, or the guy opened it, broke it, and is now trying to screw you for his lack of care, which is again not your fault or responsibility.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I bought a ROTF Voyager megatron and the leg snapped off on 1st transformation.

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I don't know what that guy's expecting. He bought a sealed toy.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah id say he is SOL. even if you just tossed in a box i cant even see how it would break either. These types of issues come from being placed in the package at the factory.

again how would you know. just be careful because ppl will scam. who is to say he doesnt already own a broken bonecrusher? so he will send you pics of that one, send it back to you, get a refund and keep a brand new one.

it does happen. thats why i always sell my stuff as is, no returns and no exchanges, unless extreme circumstances.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keep an open mind until you get more details. If you're a buyer and you open a toy and find a broken leg held together by tape your 1st reaction is going to be that the seller screwed you. Wait until he sends you pics, and explain your situation to him, that it was sealed so you had no idea.

12. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Apparently there's no such thing as a sure mint in sealed box anymore.
    Anyhow, if the package was sealed and the flaw wasn't apparent from looking at the figure, don't kick yourself, these things happen.

I was once sold a Deepspace Starscream with two left tail rudders. As he's packaged in robot mode, if was possible to see, but difficult to spot. I gave the seller the benefit of the doubt and didn't do anything about it.

13. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Could happen either way. Either it was broken in the box, or he's lying and he broke it. I know my Jungle Bonecrusher is the only TF I've ever had break on me. Mine was where the fork thing separates from itself and swivels. The plastic seemed very brittle.

14. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

tnx guys. yeah ill just wait for him to send me pics. its just weird that he bought loose and sealed toys to me and we had problem on the sealed one.