"i shall return cybertron to its former glory!"

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Feb 11, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I know the title doesn't really tell you what's in the thread but I really didn't want to use another boring title. Anyway, what this thread is about is that Megatron needs speeches.

I find TFP Megatron to be quite unlikable. He is completely insane, he looks and acts like a monster, he's only in command because of his strength. I found this strange as I really like WFC Megatron who also relies on his strength to lead.

I eventually figured out it was WFC Megatrons speeches that made me like him. The twisted views, the sense of purpose, how magnificent he sounded. It made him sound like a person that people would rally to, unlike TFP Megatron who I would imagine that everyone would get sick of and team up and take him down.

So who thinks that epic speeches would really improve TF: Prime Megatron?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dude Megatron does indeed uses grand speeches often in Prime as well as in WFC.

As for labeling him as unlikeable? Well he's the main villen of the story who puts fear into his troops and trys to kill children for fun! Of course he's unlikeable this is Megatron we're talking about!:lol 

EDIT Okay he didin't use epic spheeches after all. I've made a mistake never mind!

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

TFP Megatron used to be a good and charismatic leader like WFC Megatron, but then he took a Dark Energon to the brain.

TFP Megatron is batshit crazy, and that's basically his character. Beast Wars and Animated have given us Megatrons who give fantastic, rousing speeches, because that's their characters. Prime Megatron is a whole other animal, and giving a great speech would seem a little out of character, I think.

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I wouldn't say totally batshit crazy, but he ain't right in the head. He can still be calculating and such so he is smart. So a speech would not be totally out of his character.

So, yes I want some type of speech form him in season 2.

5. soundwaverulls

I wish we saw more of his Sick Mind personality. He seemed much smarter and actually succeeded. He seemed calculating in TMI but also stupid. Everything the Cons did in the ep was stupid and not though out.

6. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

He used to be somewhat alright in the head, but now, he is just crazy obsessed with using Dark Energon

EDIT: Well, not saying that he already wasn't obsessed about Dark Energon in WFC. Now he just wants to basically use Optimus/Orion as a weapon for the Decepticons

7. SuperJazz

I'm telling you, Dark Energon is like cocaine and LSD for robots mixed into one substance!

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always prefer my main villains to be charismatic and verbose. The evil mustache twisting archetype always destroys my suspension of disbelief.

So yeah I would love if Megatron showed a more calculating and oratory side. Based on the preview of the premier that might not be too far off...

As a side note, it occurred to me while writing this that I might have used a number of "big words" that could come off as me trying to sound intellectually superior. That is not the case so please do not take it as such.

9. SuperJazz

True. But it looks like in season 2, we will see more of his calculating side. Hopefully that is.

10. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

:lolol 

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Epic speeches would be cool.

but I will disagree that anything WFC Megatron said was close to an epic speech. Terrible voice and ******ed I AM SHEER POWWEERURURGHU lines. He didn't sound powerful, he sounded like a grumpy overgrown kid.

12. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I'll agree that War Megatron was a stupid "I am powerful thus you must obey me or die" archetype but his voice was fantastic. Thank you very much. :p 

13. soundwaverulls

I still find WFC Megatron more likable.:p 

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Oh we do. When speaking to Orion, he's just as manipulative and cunning as any other Megatron.

15. soundwaverulls

If I read this, how big will the spoiler be?

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    ^^^^^^^ :lol  Since you don't like this Megatron, YOU won't like it.

But...I think TFP Megatron is one of the best Megatron's out there, when he feels the need to give a 'speech' he does and will, but he is not the orator that Optimus is and doesn't really want to be, but when Megatron speaks, bots listen...or have their voice boxes ripped out. :lol 

17. Rexidus

News Credits:
    I wouldn't. It's nothing major but it did make me appreciate Prime Megatron.

18. soundwaverulls

I think I'll wait for the show. It might make me like him more.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Megatron needs more epic monologues, like Starscream's "I have made mistakes" one.

I agree. The way Megatron speaks in WFC is why I liked him so much. He has a strong, powerful voice, and everyone is drawn to listen to him when he speaks. He has POWER and is an epic speaker. Prime Megatron could be like that, but I feel he doesn't talk enough. He needs an epic monologue to really give Frank Welker an opportunity to really flesh out this character voice wise.

I think Prime has some amazing voice acting, and you really feel what everyone is saying. Especially Airachnid. Gina Torres sends shivers up my spine with that voice.

20. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

I think WFC Megatron represents TFP Megatron was like before the dark energon started to take over his mind. In WFC after Optimus had shut down the Core of Cybertron, that stopped the production of the Dark Energon and Megatron went Batshit insane and started bombarding the locations where the Autobots were preparing their evacuation ships. This was a contrast with before the Core shut down Megatron was unquestionly willing to let the Autobots leave Cybertron.