I Saw TFs on a Robotics Poster at college

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lock Cade, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, as I was walking around my college today -- I attend Washtenaw Community College -- and I happen to saw a poster that caught my attention. It was for a robotics contest and such... and it featured the Decepticons on it!!! I was quite surprised, because I had never really thought there'd be any Transformers fans attending the same college as me.
    Anyways, the Decepticons that was featured on this poster were, from left and right... Soundwave, Scourge (I think), Galvatron (or Cyclonus, I couldn't really tell), Shockwave, and one of the Decepticon jets (not Starscream, Thundercracker, or Skywarp... just, one of the other jet-transforming Deceps). I thought the poster really looked cool having Transformers on it... and appropriate for something dealing with robotics. Cool huh?

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool. Too bad no picture.

3. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Most of us dont go to school. In fact, we try avoid going out in public altogether. :eek: 

4. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Based on what? Speak for yourself, there a tons of students on this board.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe you speak of this!
    -edit- Fixed ;b Once again, Bigbot sucks.

[​IMG]

Bigbot fails to give credit, but the piece is called Anime Decepticons, and is several years old.

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

PennCo Tech - Autobody & Paint <-- Me

If you (Nerdling) read my "How the HELL do we AFFORD this?!" thread, then you'll see that almost everyone here has some kind of schooling. Even Insane_Galvatron had to school-up for a CDL to drive a rig that big. N' ain't no business gonna hire a computer-networker unless they have a degree. Word.

~Z

7. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I'm surprised no one saw the self-deprecating humor in my comment, to go with the funny (but somewhat oblivious) nature of dude's whole theory that "I didnt know there were transformer fans in my college."

Yes, I generalized a bit but cmon, this is a forum created by and for 18-40 somethings who drop tons of cash on toys. Cmon guys, chill out.

It's all in jest, but I can see sometimes these things dont go over well on web forums.

And to address your question from that other thread, I dont have a full time job now. I'm actually a graduate student, a tutor on the side, an intern at a huge music magazine, and a barista. I had a surplus of financial aid this semester so I went out and bought my favorite TFs. :eek: 

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Well, I have class tomorrow... maybe I can bring my digital camera and take a picture of the poster, 'cause there's no way I'm going to take down one of the posters and scan it, and even then I have no scanner, so...