I saw no extra IMAX footage

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Hi again

I saw DOTM on Friday in RealD 3D and liked it a lot. I already posted with my thoughts on the movie there but today a few people in the program that didn't get to see it Friday (there were more than I thought) offered to see it today and I said yes because they were planning to see it in IMAX.

I was really excited because I was expecting to see some extended extra scenes like in ROTF. I realize that they are really subtle and barely different but I didn't pick out ANYTHING extra going from RealD to IMAX. Also the effects weren't incredibly better in IMAX. Really only the first scene and a select few things in Chicago.

So bottom line is: has anyone picked out what was the 19 minutes of bonus footage in IMAX that you couldn't see in lesser versions?

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Nelson already said a month ago that there would be no extra scenes. Gotta keep up to date with the news feed.

3. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

where did you get the idea there was an extra 19 minutes?

bay thanks you for the extra money though.

4. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why did you expect extended scenes? 3D cameras can't even film in Imax format.

5. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

What about the scene in the trailer with sam and lennox during tge washington invasion? Never saw that in tge movie

6. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I know! I was looking for it more closely this time but then I realized that this may have been removed due to the last scene with the parents.

And about the no extra footage I thought I saw a news piece that confirmed up to 19 minutes of extra footage for IMAX a while back but there was a string of time I did not regularly visit the forums. Oh well. I really enjoyed it and the other people did too (no clapping or cheering this time)

7. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    It was just cut from the film. Probably to cut down on the runtime a little.