I returned a Transformer today.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mister Gone, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Not cause it was broken, not cause I needed the money, not cause I had one already but because it sucked. I have not returned a Transformer for that reason since Armada Sideswipe.

I bought Blazemaster ready for the unique transform and the gimpy hands but nothing prepared me for the absolutly nasty little toy I got, the hands suck, the arms suck and the shoulders suck. The Troso doesn't latch down right and well it is just bad. I had high hopes for him but oh well.

When was the last time you returned a Transformer, or orther toy simply because it did not meet your quality standards?

2. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    You can return it if the card has been opened?

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this was your problem right there. have low expectations of movie figures and they will never disappoint, and sometimes you'll be pleasantly surprised

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That is a stupid reason to return it, if you didn't like it tough just deal with it. It's not a video game which stores can just resell.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Lol, you don't go to the store often do you. They sell resealed figures all the time. Sides, I take perfect care of all my Transformers, I have no doubt a mildly dissapointed kid will have lots of fun with my old Blazemaster.

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL why is that a stupid reason. I think its stupid to keep something that you dont like if you meet the stores requirments for a refund.

7. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since this is going to turn into a "legitimate reasons why you can or cannot return a toy" anyway, I'll say that I don't feel I should return a toy because I don't like it. There are extensive resources online to make oneself informed about what's being purchased; pictures, videos, and threads on numerous boards describing the features and problems in intricate detail.

However, as long as retailers are willing to accept the return of a non-defective product, there's nothing "wrong" with doing so.

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    So you are saying returning a poor quality product is dumb? That a company can put out crap and we should just eat it up? How much does Hasbro pay you?

;) 

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    So what you are saying is I should listen to critics?

What did you think of the movie may I ask?

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I don't believe I said anything of the sort. I said that before making a purchase, I try to be informed about it to avoid buyer's remorse.
    Not sure what that has to do with this, but ok... I was entertained for two hours, but I mostly thought it was summer-flick garbage. Why?

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

I picked up Blazemaster for the reason of possibly customizing him into Prowl. But ather I checked him out, I hated him. Then I started doing some comics, and he found a purpose. So, it worked out.

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Just a subtle jab at the movie, not a personal attack ;) 

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The only time I return a TF is if I find it elsewhere for less. I've tossed the bubble or the inner card right away anyway, and you generally need to be able to repack it to return a non-defective toy.

I have a photo at home I took of a ROTF Prime that was repacked and on the shelf at Target. Fucker was more hunched over than Jetfire. I should post it in this thread.

14. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll never return anything if it is damaged or missing packaging. I hate finding that crap on the shelves :p 

15. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, uh... good for you that you didn't do research on the toy beforehand?

Like someone else said, we have so much information on Transformers products way before they even hit shelves these days. Multiple galleries, video reviews and text reviews. Hell, there's an entire thread that's been running for months dedicated soley to Blazemaster and all his faults in the Feedback forum. It's not even hard to find. Next time it might be wise to do your research.

And for the record, yes I do think it's wrong to return a toy just because you don't like it. For the above reason, among others. They don't always get repackaged for the shelves.

You want to rent something, go to Blockbuster.

16. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    What store may I ask. I've never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever never ever ever seen a resealed carded figure, be it TF's or GI Joe's whatever, at Target/TRU/Fred Meyers ever. Never. I'm pretty sure those places toss that stuff or send it back to Hasbro or something.

What did you tell them when you returned it anyways, that it sucked?

17. Overlord54

Overlord54 Active Member

I saw a resealed skids a couple of weeks ago. They couldn't figure out how to transform it back, so his head was sticking out in car mode. I laughed a little when I saw it.

The last one I returned was HA Sideswipe. I had not opened it yet. I just keep looking at reviews and pics until I made up my mind.

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a repackaged Chromia..because it was the last one on the shelf.
    At Wal-Mart. Just because YOU have not seen it does not mean it does not happen.

I returned Leader Jetfire and Prime after I saw the craptacular combined mode. I repackaged them VERY carefully, all the twist ties back in place same pose as when I bought them...and even resealed them. Because I knew someone would buy them and enjoy them. I wasn't willing to eat $100 dollars for that stack of garbage.
    I bought it the first day it was released at my Wal-Mart...and was not part of these boards at the time. No didn't really think to look for online pics.
    Just figured it was so awesome in the movie, the toy must be equally awesome. Negative.
    That will never happen again. This site offers SO many resources that I can make an informed purchase pretty much everytime now.

19. Aerros1

Aerros1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the reviews i read and seen on Blazemaster I knew he was shit before i bought him.

I have NEVER returned a TF because I didn't like it. Armada sideswipe would have gone back so fast. Sometimes you just take the bad with the good but like others have stated there are a ton of resourses to help you decide whether you should could buy a figure.

You don't ever see to many Carded figures get put back one the bubbles been taken off but boxed figures are a different story. I once saw a LAM voyager prime in a wreck-gar box flopping around held in with 1 twisty tie but that is another touchy topic all together.

20. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do these threads always breakdown to the people that think they sit on a pedestal and don't return figures that they don't like.

Not liking a figure can mean many things, but this guy is talking about the figure actually being crap. He may not like the color deco in the end or think the transformation in person is not great but may keep the figure. Certainly there are figures in your collection that you are not wild about but you keep them.

This guy is saying that this figure was SO awful that it shouldn't have met manufacturing standards and was complete crap as a toy. There is a difference.

However, for whatever your reason he has a right to decide for himself and not take the words and opinions of reviewers and their angles of filming as being the means to decide on a figure or not. Besides, he did say he was ready for the issues that reviewers had complained about but was not prepared for the craptastic toy above and beyond the reviews stated.

But for any product that does not meet your standards as a consumer you can return anything you want. It's no one's right to claim that they cannot return a figure if they don't like it. It's his choice.

And for those talking about reviews...if I had listened to all the professional reviews of ROTF I never would have seen the movie. All these arguments have been stated before let's get back to the original poster's reason for this thread and simply everyone can agree to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.