Customs: I REQUIRE INPUT! Who to use for Alternators Brawn & Gears?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey all. I'm getting closer to finishing my 1984 Alternators lineup and I'm stuck at a point of indecision.

I plan to use Armada Red Alert - with some tweaks and redesigns along the way - as one of the minibots in Alternators form. Thing is, I'm not sure who Red Alert should become:

Gears...

...or Brawn?

Any feedback/input? So far as I figure, one of those two minibots will use Armada Red Alert's body, the other, I'll probably end up re-shelling someone else.

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I would say Gears is a better choice. Armada Red Alert doesn't look tough enough for Brawn, but maybe he could be painted to look tougher.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I would say Gears is a better choice. Armada Red Alert doesn't look tough enough for Brawn, but maybe he could be painted to look tougher.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Either way, since both of them are utility trucks, I think the Armada Red Alert body is going to get a serious weathering and scuffmark job.

Anyone else?

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Either way, since both of them are utility trucks, I think the Armada Red Alert body is going to get a serious weathering and scuffmark job.

Anyone else?

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Red Alert can be used for both I think. Gears is a pickup truck with the back covered by a roof looking thing, sorta like delivery services use on their pickups, better than tarp. I think he can pass as Gears, but I think that mold suits Brawn better.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Red Alert can be used for both I think. Gears is a pickup truck with the back covered by a roof looking thing, sorta like delivery services use on their pickups, better than tarp. I think he can pass as Gears, but I think that mold suits Brawn better.

8. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking Brawn as well.

9. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm thinking Brawn as well.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I'd go with brawn

11. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I'd go with brawn

12. NinjaBotX524

NinjaBotX524 Member

13. NinjaBotX524

NinjaBotX524 Member

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Yeah, I remember Lobo doing progress pics of his Alternators Gears on here. It was pretty wild. However, I think I'm going to take a different direction; my Gears will probably be a bit more "tame," (no offense meant, Lobo!) in that he'll probably just be a regular supply truck or something.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Yeah, I remember Lobo doing progress pics of his Alternators Gears on here. It was pretty wild. However, I think I'm going to take a different direction; my Gears will probably be a bit more "tame," (no offense meant, Lobo!) in that he'll probably just be a regular supply truck or something.

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmm, everyone else says Brawn, it seems, but I think the mold would suit Gears better. I just can't picture Brawn as anthing other than a tough, off-road-type vehicle. Whereas Gears is just a generic pickup truck, and doesn't give off the same tough vibe (maybe it's him name, I dunno). Plus I think it's short, stubbier body-type in robot mode would work well for Gears. (Red Alert is the shortest Deluxe Autobot in Cybertron, Gears was the shortest minibot in G1.)

If I had to pick a Deluxe mold for Brawn, I'd say..... here's a weird one.... Bendy Prime. It definitely has that tough look, with those giant shoulders in robot mode. And it has a panel sticking up behind the head just like Brawn did in both the cartoon and the G1 toy.

If you're willing to branch out into non-car figures, CD Hot Shot would also make a cool Brawn.

I guess neither of those suggestions look like licensed vehicle, though, so maybe they wouldn't fit in as Alts.

17. WhiteMocha

Hmmm, everyone else says Brawn, it seems, but I think the mold would suit Gears better. I just can't picture Brawn as anthing other than a tough, off-road-type vehicle. Whereas Gears is just a generic pickup truck, and doesn't give off the same tough vibe (maybe it's him name, I dunno). Plus I think it's short, stubbier body-type in robot mode would work well for Gears. (Red Alert is the shortest Deluxe Autobot in Cybertron, Gears was the shortest minibot in G1.)

If I had to pick a Deluxe mold for Brawn, I'd say..... here's a weird one.... Bendy Prime. It definitely has that tough look, with those giant shoulders in robot mode. And it has a panel sticking up behind the head just like Brawn did in both the cartoon and the G1 toy.

If you're willing to branch out into non-car figures, CD Hot Shot would also make a cool Brawn.

I guess neither of those suggestions look like licensed vehicle, though, so maybe they wouldn't fit in as Alts.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Well, I was actually planning to use Armada Red Alert as either Brawn or Gears. I'm trying to match the Alternators scale, even if it's an approximation. I have to agree though; Bendy Prime as Brawn would actually match that "head cowl" that Brawn had going on pretty nicely.

Actually, I wonder if Energon Ironhide would work well as either of these characters, along with some tweaking and some articulation love.

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Well, I was actually planning to use Armada Red Alert as either Brawn or Gears. I'm trying to match the Alternators scale, even if it's an approximation. I have to agree though; Bendy Prime as Brawn would actually match that "head cowl" that Brawn had going on pretty nicely.

Actually, I wonder if Energon Ironhide would work well as either of these characters, along with some tweaking and some articulation love.

20. WhiteMocha

Whoooops! Sorry, I didn't read your original post carefully enough. In that case, yes, I agree with what people said...... Armada Red Alert would make a good Brawn. :dunce