I replayed Lair this weekend...and loved it.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, and what eneded up happening was games like Earthworm Jim were ported to 3D and sucked donkey nuts. I mean Symphony of the Night came out on PS1 in all its 2D glory, but a lot of games jumped to 3D because it's what was expected, and lost all the charm of their 2D predeccesors. Alladin, Sonic, CastleVania (on Next gen systems, not handhelds), Mario. I like that new game Odin's Sphere because it shows what an updated 2D game could look like now.

I would literally shit if Konami would make a new Castlvania with the style and graphics of Odin's Sphere.

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Maybe its just me, but i'd rather dig the Saturn out for something close to a complete experience rather then suffer a convenient PS version that has the same problems as all the other ports.

Actually i'd just plug a laptop into the TV, but that obviously isn't an option for folks that don't have them.

Pay again, cut a deal with whoever is making D+D games thesedays or clear out all the D+D references in the assets. Considering that the game is a minor cult classic at best, I doubt the ends would justify any of those means.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then life no longer has meaning.

4. RabidYak

On the bright side, I just remembered that the adventure game was called Blazing Dragons.

Never played it thougth, P+C Adventure is one of those genres that should never evar be put on any system that doesn't have a mouse.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's it, thanks for clearing that. I specifically remember playing it on my PS1 with the mouse they sold for it. But using a mouse is only comfortable on a desk, so I always thought mice for consoles were pointless. The Dig was also good on PC. I still own the soundtrack for that.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, but I did enjoy the new Castlevanias since they still had great music and themes. Not as good as SotN, but that's a tough act to follow. Although if they didn't persue 3D, it may not be as advance as we have it now, so I guess it's a tradeoff.

7. RabidYak

The Dig is one of the most underrated games of all time IMO. Allot of people dumped on it because it didn't have the humour or accesability of the rest of the Lucasarts adventure catalogue, but it has awesome atmosphere and is probably the least cliched SF-themed game i've played to date.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know it was supposed to be a movie back then but they dumped the idea and made it a game instead. With the level of detail put into the otherwordly background and the whole travelling around those tunnels (their transit system), I'm, kinda glad it remained a game. I don't know how well it would have transfered to film back then.