I recorded a song for my band! Listen or don't!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheebs, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Speed Goat (that's my band :)  ) is uppon us! First rough mix of my "band's" "album". :D  The song is called Put it in the Back of Your Mind

http://www.fluffypotato.com/music/SpeedGoat/BackOfYourMind.wma

Lyrics and melody by my girl Beth. Arrangement and instrument parts and generic stuff like that by me.

Beth sings. I play everything else (everything else being drums, percussion, guitars, and bass).

Hopefully we will get a real drummer for the rest of our stuff, but I did the best I could. ;) 

Fun production notes!
    Due to being stupid, I bought the wrong gauge strings for my floating bridge guitar. For those of you not familliar with a floating bridge guitar (like me), that means big problems. I could only get it to tune up in drop B (B, E, A, D, Gflat, B). You can imagine the fun I had trying to play waaaaaaaay up on the high frets to get it to sound right.

The vocals were done with a nine-year old in the room, an ancient toy poodle, and a hyper jack russel puppy. The old-man dog really hates the puppy to make all that much more fun. You can just imagine slogging through those takes...

The only way I could get the ring out of the snare drum was to duct-tape a chewie toy to the top head. So...maybe it was good that there were dogs in the house!

I recorded/mixed/produced myself on my trusty Roland VS 2480 with a nice supply of SM57's and cheap Chinese condenser mics. Woo Hoo cheap technology!