Customs: I recommend TI G1 Ultra Magnus for parts

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by manyoufactsure, Apr 15, 2007.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

I received my Titanium, G1, Ultra Magnus, a few days ago. I was aware of the shoulder setback before I purchased it but thought I wanted it to go along with my collection.

I have determined that "as a toy for my collection" it is crap, BUT, that toy is loaded with some really good joints that would be great for any combiner kitbashes or even for bashing any robot.

The elbows each have a pop off socket that also has clickable rotation. (good for a shoulder connector of a combiner) Also just below the hips is another set. You could use the hip connector alone or with the hip joint. The waist also pops off and has clickability.

The ankles could be used for a set of legs that needed to retract inside for alt mode or maybe to repair any of the legs that don't stay in position.

The shoulders have ball sockets and the carrier beams have mutiple points for adjusting the length.

While disassembling UM, I found out that the cab can also pop off and drive around without the carrier.

I don't know how many of these toys are going to make it out on to the shelves. Some have said that they are having a hard time finding them. I suggest purchasing one as soon as you see it, instead of waiting for them to go on sale, in case you don't find very many. This might also signal Hasbro to make more Titaniums that hopefully are a better design that this one. At least the Fallen, Jet Fire, WWI Optimus and the Seekers have been good designs. Megatron seems destined to s**k (twice now).

Just thought I would mention this.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, I don't think he's been officially released to us retail yet which would explain the rarity... and the combiner possibilities really has my attention as I'm trying to figure out how to make a menasor for classics. I already have the component bots, but havn't figured out how to connect them together without adversely affecting the individual bots and their alt modes.

3. manyoufactsure

These might work for your Menasaur. They are small enough but also strong enough to hold together and allow movement. The wrist ones are the smallest but it may be hard to cut a slot for the female connector. The connectors for the cab and the waist are about the same size but the waist one has the same, female, flat plate like the wrists.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    would you mind taking a coupla pictures of the connectors?

5. manyoufactsure

I think I have them all in this photo. Hope you can see all of them okay.
    [​IMG]

The waist connector and the piece to the left of it are in the upper left hand section.
    To the right of the waist connector is the peice from the forearm and its peg is, rear, dead center along with the sliding shoulder joint and the shoulder ball joint.

Front center is the hip and the connector for the leg.

The cab is on the right.

The piece behind the waist is the sliding track for the legs.

The forearm and hip connectors are somewhere between 1/2 to 1/3 the size of an energon connector.

Hope this shows you enough