I really hate when websites show the wrong stock!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was waiting for a friend to get me his money so that we can buy a two pack of Unicron 2010 from Robot Kingdom. I checked on Monday and they showed 12 pieces of the two pack and 14 pieces of the single pack.

Finally got the money this morning, go to the site, and see they have none left. Now, I know for 2+ weeks they had around the same amount of stock. All the sudden 36 pieces go in 3 days. Give me a break. Such BS. They either pulled stock, or there stock information is wrong. That makes things so annoying.

This is the second time this has happened. Toy Arena had the same exact issue with Unicron a couple of weeks back. Check the stock, shows over 20, later in the day all gone. They said there stock was marked wrong on their website.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If you don't like it don't buy from them.

Why do you say so with such assurance that it really didn't get brought off? What you listed as possibilities are possible, but its also possible that someone brought them.

And btw, I have noticed that lately, you have been hating a lot of things. Oh well.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Then don't buy from them?

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Why, cause they had around the same amount of stock for a month. So one day some one comes in and buys 36 items?

Also, Toy Arena admitted to their stock issue.

Not to mention, there were people unfortunate enough to pay for things at Toy Arena and the item never shipped. They had to contact Toy Arena and say, hey where is my item. Then they checked and said, opps we messed up. And the system continues to be messed up.

I am not asking much here, I am asking that your stock system work properly. Not to much to ask at all.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I have dealt with them several times, and yes, not by choice, because I don't really like their prices. I find BBTS, and others much more reasonable stores. But because of their high prices they also retain stock longer than other stores.

But them, and RK, I don't use as much because yes, to me it seems less professional than BBTS.

While what you say is true that its not much to ask for at all, you can just avoid the whole experience by not shopping with them.

6. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

I luv Robot KIng !!! Just got me UN 14 Lugz and a clearance Onslaught, Not only are they Jonny on da spot with order speed they regularly update me with stock and shipping info, KEEP on rokin ROBOT KINGDOM !!!

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I have no problem with Robot Kingdom, I have problem with the stock being off. Maybe they just pulled products then. Which would also suck.

As for hating on things. I am new to this TF collecting business, and it seems that there is really a lot of annoying things that goes with this. I guess when you collect for a long enough period of time you deal with these types of things and say, what the hell, I'll go with it.

TF collecting is pretty damn expensive. For something that is so expensive, you would figure that there would be better service, QA and so forth. It seems that we spend a lot of money and get very little in return for our money. Sorry if that upsets me, I guess I have not been beaten down into understanding that is how this hobby works.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    to be fair, within every fandom there are A LOT of things that annoy A LOT of people. In fact, its almost a standard here to bitch about every toy release, even if its amazing. People will always find things to complain about. I suppose the happy medium is to pick your fights and not let everything get to you.

Edit:: btw, a majority of the people, unfortunately, always sees the empty portion of the glass, never the other side.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I see the full side. BBTS has been great to work with for the most part. Some of the figures I have are awesome. So it's not that. I do admit though, there has been some hateraid on my end, but it's frustrating I will need to spend $200+ on Unicron because of bad stock figures. Costs me money in the long run.

10. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    lots of negativity on these boards lately..bummer

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Its not that hard for 30 people to purchase an item. keep in mind, there are alot of fans out there.

plus, alot of people are getting tax returns.

12. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Yo SanchoMAul whats uppppppppp !!!!!!! Good point on da tax returns I know im waitin for mine, Cant wait ta get da Ehobby sets. More crystal brother !!!!

13. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!! It is true though. Its happened to me. One day there was 9 TFa blurrs and the next day they were all gone. This isnt your local retailer. 100s if not more people check BBts, Tfsource and RK everyday.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You could be correct, it's just strange they sat there for weeks at those levels, then they are gone. It is a possibility though.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Tf fandom is strong and rapidly growing. As an example, ebay listings for TFs when i started collecting were somewhere around 4000, now they are at 40000+! Lots of people bro.

16. Bulkhead

Bulkhead Autobot General Counsel Veteran

News Credits:
    This. TF collecting could be a lot worse. We could have to deal with the new toy deathmatch at MattyCollector to get new and interesting items . . . .

17. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yes its a bummer when an item you were planning to buy goes out of stock, happens to me often on BBTS with vintage items, I get over it.

Its all you can do really , no amount of griping, complaining or whining will get them more stock in when you want them to.

As for a website not keeping their stock numbers accurate on their website thats not good for business and i can understand your frustration with that.

Yes Transformer collecting is an expensive hobby , even more so if you go after Vintage MISB items and AFA Items will put you in the poor house. As sanchomaul said there is more competition for TFs now that there has ever been before. Send all complaints about that to Micheal Bay . :lol 

Don't give hope keep looking and you will get what you want even if you have to pay a bit more than you would like to.

18. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I think I can understand where the op is coming form with this, and where the confusion may lies....

Say hypothetically there is a Classics Gears and Classics Huffer available. They list it as a 2-pack (not in the same box mind you) but both of them listed together available to buy, and there is six sets. Then they have a two separate listings, one for Gears, and one for Huffer, and each of those have six pieces each. I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this. ;)  It could give the impression that there are 24 pieces available instead of the actual 12. And because they actually have a separate listing for the 2 pack, instead of making it a "deal" of sorts similar to how TFSource does.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you snooze you lose . As my Nephew would say "That sounds like your problem" :lol .

I don't see how its RK's fault...... You should of ordered Unicron while it was instock.:2c: . You had a good 5 months to do that? Why did you wait until the last possible minute?

BTW, if you still want Unicron, send a PM to edbomber! I think he still has some.

20. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    You're hinting at K-marts website right? :lol