I really hate weather forcasts....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I am finally getting around to staining my deck. Yes the same deck that I powerwashed on June 13th. I should have know the 13th would be a sign.

So it is hot as balls of course, and I managed to seal the whole out side part of the deck. All I need to do is that stairs and the inner rails and the floor boards.

So I was thinking, you know, I could get the stairs and the inside of the deck boards done, and I can stain the floor boards tomorrow. So I go and check the weather.

So there was no rain in the forecast at all, but all the sudden, they are predicting 3 hours of rain. The most ridiculous thing is that there is no clouds anywhere, not even in the damn satellite,

Literally, and you cannot make this shit up, they are predicting a thunderstorm is going to appear directly over my area and pour with 20-30MPH winds for 2 hours or less. Basically a cold and warm front are about to meet, right over my house.

I call BS on the whole thing, but I cannot freaking stain my damn deck, because if all hell opens, then I am screwed. AHHHHhhhhHHHH, damn you weather forecasters!

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Well, the Thompson's Water Seal ad shows them using it at Niagara Falls. I'm pretty sure they can't turn the water off to stain their decks. So I think you'd be ok.

3. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what exactly are you complaining about?

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He doesn't like living on this wet planet anymore.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

:lol 

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Actually that Thompson's stuff is garbage. So it is probably as effective to stain in the rain with that product as it would be when it is dry.

That product is horrible.

That I cannot stain the deck because the weather forecast is saying rain. There is no signs of it at all, even from the satallite pictures and videos they show.

So, I have to put off staining, and I bet the weather forecast will be wrong.

I've been working on that deck forever, and I cannot seem to get 2 dry days in a row. Gets really frustrating after a while, especially when the weather forecast is wrong.

7. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Man if you don't like the rain....please send it down this way to the south. We would be more then happy to get some rain down here

8. Satomiblood

Why do I read all of your posts in a Larry David voice?

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So you think know better than the weather forecaster, yet you still take what the weather forecaster says seriously. That makes zero sense.

Anyway, just put up a tarp.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I was thinking of the tarp as well, but the 30MPH winds knocked that one out. Plus I would need a huge tarp.

As for the weather forecasters, in my area they tend to be more wrong then right. I was watching the news and the guy literally said:

"It may or may not rain. We may get 30MPH winds, or it maybe really nice without a cloud." LOL.

And the only reason, I have to listen is cause the deck would be screwed.

Normally I don't even give a second thought to the weather forecast, but with staining a deck, you follow it like a hawk and sneak in what I can when I can.

Sometimes I feel like Larry David. LOL.

[Update]
    So the website said there is a 95% change to get rain at 3PM. Now it is a 10% chance and 5PM has a 95% chance. Hahahaha.... that is why I hate these forecasts.

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here is NY right now, it's getting windy and we have a 50% chance at 6pm. So I dunno.

EDIT: They just changed it to 10% XD like a minute ago. I think you are ok to stain the deck.

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I am in NJ. The stain I have is pretty fast to dry, but at this point I keep seeing myself being done and the rain starting at that moment. LOL.

I heard those horror stories. After all the work I did on this freaking deck, I fear I will be the one telling that story.

13. Satomiblood

You should post this thread in Radicons because it's really starting to look like a WIP.

(Don't forget the pics).

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I have a feeling the weather forecasts were more precise some years ago and since 3 or 4 years they are so often completely wrong it's unbelievable. Sometimes they say something about stormy weather while the sun is shining and no cloud in the sky and sometimes they say it'll be raining the next days and there is nothing. Sometimes the other way round.

15. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know you're in Jersey, that's why I mentioned the forecast for here in NY. Because we should have similar conditions if there is a storm on move. :p  Looks like small storms though.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You have no idea. I mean this deck is a complete freaking project from begining to end.

Literally so far I had to:

- Powerwash
    - Sand the whole deck
    - Change hand rails when I realized sanding wasn't going to help them
    - I saw a weather forecast clear for a week, so I wash the deck and brighten it
    - About to stain, and my wife says, "I think we should add a tint to it, to warm it up a bit." Call the stain place, "4 days to get my stain." 4 days became 2 weeks.
    - Rewashed the deck, rebrightened the deck.
    - Started staining yesterday, and did 4 hours, then the sun killed me. Did another 4 hours today. Wanted to do another 2 hours today, when I started this. (Doing the deck with a paint brush, that is why it is taking so long).

On Friday, I am having sod delivered. That means I need to water for at least 2 hours a day for the sod. So I want to get this deck stained before I put down the sod, as the sprinklers hit the deck.

17. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Real men don't worry about the forecast.

Real men stain, rain or sleet or snow

(see what I did there, I made a funny)

Alternatively, just as it begins to rain lite the deck in fire, but only enough to it dries the rain and stain really fast, then extinguish the fire when done.:D 

Or just wait until u get a supposed clear forecast:thumb 

It always ends up that way, I was looking forward to having 2 whole days off, now I got called in earlier to go in t-nite and t'row, so there goes getting shit done in house or in yard

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Haha... way too funny.

Yeah, only problem is this morning there was no rain in the forecast. Cut to 1P, and boom, rain in forecast, LOL. Not to mention, everytime I check, the chance of rain is now decreasing. Of course it is. LOL, right when I have to go do something.

19. khopson

khopson Well-Known Member

The weather forecasters in my area are complete idiots. I've never seen a profession that is wrong so much. I understand there are a lot of variables involved, but to be completely wrong the majority of time is ridiculous. A friend of mine used to tell me it must be the easiest job to get. Where else can you be wrong all of the time and still have a job? My wife and I curse them constantly.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I just don't understand on how they can be wrong 3 hours out.