I really doubt Ironhide will be corrected soon.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobotic9, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I passed on U. Ironhide because of the blue face, but I doubt Hasbro will correct it soon or ever. Should I just go ahead and buy?

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get him. Great figure, great bot mode, great alt mode, all around good figure.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Buy it, then buy a metallic silver sharpie like I did and fix the face yourself. It's that simple. I even silvered up the rims a little so they are not all black.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Buy it. What's wrong with it? All you need is a silver sharpie and to toss the instructions because they're garbage anyway. So you leave a couple tires out. I actually think it helps the look of the overall bot rather than hurt it.

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    this

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I left mine blue, it really doesn't bother me at all. But if it did a sharpie would be a quick fix as was said above.

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I can't see why people would pass on a toy over a simple pain app. I can't think of any figure I wouldn't have changed somewhat. Bottom line, get it.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It's something that can be corrected in less then 5 minutes with the proper tools. I'd say get him. If you can't be bothered by doing something that simple, get Henkei. It's more pricey, but you get the painted face.

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Oh, not another one of these threads again. Like said above, just add silver. It ain't that hard.

Or, burn some cash on henkei. If you can't afford to do 5 minutes work.

10. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Cheetor's instructions are garbage.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Did the exact same thing. Awesome fig.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

ALL instructions are garbage. I don't use them. Ever. I'll sit there for an hour transforming a figure if I have to (as I did with Unicron), but I won't take one look at the instructions. It's almost like cheating if I did.

13. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

He's a very good figure. I wouldn't go so far as to say GREAT, but definitely good.

A two-pack of silver sharpies will run you about $2-$3, and can be used for a number of things. I touched up my Universe Prowl's missile tips with them (I have a spare, since it had the sticky paint problem, and my mom sent me one as a Christmas present, not knowing I already had one... not even knowing I wanted a second to take better care of! So I used my old one for practice... not really necessary if you're careful), and I plan to touch up his wheels a bit.

A little bit of masking tape (or just scotch tape), and some patience and care and it's really easy. If you're a little on the brave side, and have some razor blades, I suggest this guide to make his head sit a little better. It's not perfect, but it's better: MattBooker.info Blog Archive Ironhide Week Part 1

14. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just like everyone else said, buy it and buy a set of silver sharpies, which is always nice to have if you want to do some simple modifications. It is a very simple fix. Or spend about $25-30 for the Henkei version.

15. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Or just reapaint the whole thing if you're brave enough. I painted the whole HEAD silver.

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get Henkei - superior all round to the Universe release.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Blue face doesn't bother me at all. I showed the figure to a colleague and told him the face was blue, but he had to look 3 times before he saw it.

It's realy not as bad as some pictures make it look, and like people told, you can always paint it over if it bothers you. (or buy the Henkei version, but then you will get butt-ugly chrome as a bonus!)

18. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It's worth a try, as even if you don't put his head on a ball joint (the last step of my mod) you'll have a much better Ironhide.

From Peaugh's recent comparison of (a modded) Henkei Ratchet and Universe Ratchet, you can see the difference it makes.

[​IMG]

~Matt Booker

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've maintained all along that the silver face change probably won't show up anywhere. Hasbro probably made enough Ironhides for the wave and they all had blue faces. Maybe if he shows up again sometime in the future he might have the silver face, but I certainly wasn't expecting anyone to go into stores and buy a Universe Ironhide that comes with a silver face right out of the package.
    Like people have said, it's piss easy to buy a silver paint pen and fix the problem yourself. Hasbro knows that eventully even the people holding out to hear for the supposed running change to have come into effect will soon give up and snap up the figure blue face or not just so they don't miss the chance to get it at all.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To tell the truth, I really don't give a shit about the face color. It is such an awesome figure that the blue face is a little overshadowed.