I really don't Hasbro could have F'ed up the toy release dates more if they tried.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Seriously. They screwed up on everything. Remember the preview figures that were supposed to be released on the 15th? Then certain stores all over the U.S.A. had them on the shelves but you couldn't buy them? Now we got figures being released a year or two from now that should be released with the upcoming film.

Seriously what they should have done is focused on all the characters featured in the movie FIRST and release their toys FIRST then as part of an extended universe in The Movie portion of the franchise. Forget all the off-screen characters/repaints/retools release them after the Movie characters figures are released. Why couldn't they go with this option? Who the hell is in charge with doing the release dates and marketing?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't it turn out that there was not actually a scheduled release date for the preview figures on the 15th? And as I recall, all of the toys were available on their planned release date (the 30th), or the day before. Hasbro is not responsible for individual employees of Walmart or Target accidentally putting out toys before the scheduled release date.

And the line is supposed to last around eighteen months. What will happen if they have nothing but "main" characters for a couple months, then repaints and offscreen toys for the next year? Shelfwarming extreme.

3. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    Who cares? Toys are out and on the shelves now. OH NOES I MUC WAIT 6 MONTHS FOR CHARACTER X OF WHOM I REALLY WANT!!!! WHAT EVER SHALL ID DO??????

4. DrawinStuff

DrawinStuff Well-Known Member

The preview figure boxes clearly had a marked date of the 15th.

5. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

they have michael bay to deal with no wonder they havnt been released he cant even make a movie properlly.

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Does it matter? All the shit's out now. We can just hope they don't fuck up again if there's a TF3.

7. Death333

News Credits:
    Movie sales speak contrary to you misspelled post, poster.

8. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

All-Time Worldwide Box Office

have a look at how many shit movies made more then 300 million dollars.

SPIDER MAN 3 made 885 mill and that was garbage.

9. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Seriously.

10. Death333

News Credits:
    My point was, take a look at how many movies did WORSE. What the hell do you expect from a property that was created to sell toys! OMGWTFBBQ

11. EmineX

EmineX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen as much TF product on shelves as I do right now. This launch is amazing.

12. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if any of those screw-ups are actually screw-ups, or at least screw-ups on the part of Hasbro.

And it might be your preference to have movie characters released first, but that doesn't mean it's objectively the greatest of all possible options. You make no case for why it's a smarter decision, except for your own impatience. And I still think we're getting at least one main-line toy of every major character in the film during 2009, except for maybe the purple motorcycle.

13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I'm just kinda pissed that I have to wait till October for Longhaul and "apparently" some movie characters aren't getting toys at all. Not sure when Hasbro said that. Oh well, atleast were getting a Longhaul October will be here soon enough. This year is flying by!

14. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

This bears repeating. Just because it makes cash doesn't mean it's a good film. I thought the first film was alright...but when I see films like The Dark Knight and Star Trek that do not resort to toilet humor and are quality films, through-and-through (no shaky cam!)...I facepalm in disgust as a Transformers fan.

Bay is a McDonald's director.

But the toy launch thing can't be helped.

15. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, Bay didn't write the first film or even this one, I believe. That's Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman who have, and they also wrote the latest Star Trek film. After seeing the new Star Trek, we know they have it in them to write a good movie. If this next TF movie suffers form most of what the first film did writing-wise--blame them.

All Bay does is explosions, shaky cam, hot chicks, and 180 degree camera pans. That's what the man does. Hardly his fault if the story has lots of stupidity to it. The Transformers film franchise is not his Star Wars. I'm sure Bay has some control over it, but not as much as many think.

EDIT: And to get back on topic, if you want a true example of crappy handling of a Transformer release, look at the Animated fiasco from last year.

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I have no idea what everyone is bitching about here. I have just spent over $500 on Transformer toys for this first release, and that's only a fraction of what's available. I think they've done an excellent job releasing toys, even going so far as dropping the street date when they saw how high the demand was for them! We've gotten kick-ass scouts this time around instead of those horrid "real-geal" things, and the toy designs are better than they've ever been.

Just chill out and enjoy them as they come, they will make more, I promise.

17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Also, we're getting figures now that weren't scheduled until July. Maybe the October releases will be spotted around August or so. Personally, I'm not complaining.
    Release dates are the responsibility of the retailers, not Hasbro. Blame them first.

18. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because you say a film is good or not, doesn't make it so. Or, just because I said a film is good or not, doesn't make it so...

Ya see what we get with opinions?

Box office sales are a FACT; we can't dispute if a film does well or not. It's not based on opinion, whereas whether a film is "good".... good grief. What you call a quality film I may not (although I liked Star Trek, so we agree on that!).

So is Michael Bay a 'good' director? That's up for debate/opinion. Do his films tend to sell very well and entertain a heck of a lot of people worldwide? I'm willing to state as fact 'yes'.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's correct, but doesn't change the fact that the stores seemed to have absolutely no idea about it. If the boxes from Hasbro indicated the 15th, but no stores chose to do it, there was still no release date on the 15th.

20. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THEY ARE ALL OUT NOW, QUIT UR BITCHN' GO GET THEM AND GET OVER IT
    have a great day, ya'll